Rowling Almost Killed Ron Weasley

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Carrotslayer said:
Typo? I'm fairly certain that you mean Mr Ron Weasley and not MR HERMIONE GRANGER.

To quote you: "True Story: Harry Potter's creator nearly killed *Mr. Hermione Granger* because she was in a bad mood."

Other than that, I couldn't care less for this story.
As in, you might refer to Hermione as Mrs Ron Weasley.

OT: And then Emma Watson would have been mine. That's how it works, right...?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Carrotslayer said:
On a sidenote, the thing I called out as a typo, if it's an inside joke then I probably didn't get it.
It's not an inside joke, it's something that's been around for ages, refering to a man by his wife's name, the way women are referred to by their husbands' names. Usually it's supposed to mean the guy is emasculated, cause he's supposed to be the important one or something.

Actually, might have been better if Ron had died...all the times the ultrascary Death Eaters/whoever are beaten by a bunch of kids, it'd make sense if you needed a mop and bucket to remove the kids afterwards.

Yes, I know, there are exceptions, especially at the very end, but those really are exceptional.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Oh sure, she dropped that but got rid of one of the twins instead. Good choice, Miss Rowling.

I also misread the title as "rowing killed Ron" and was wondering what was so deadly about boats.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Lord Mountbatten Reborn said:
putowtin said:
Carrotslayer said:
Typo? I'm fairly certain that you mean Mr Ron Weasley and not MR HERMIONE GRANGER.

To quote you: "True Story: Harry Potter's creator nearly killed *Mr. Hermione Granger* because she was in a bad mood."

no he's Mr Hermione Granger, we all know who wears the pants in that relationship!
One wears the pants, the other wears the dress robes.
really frilly dress robes that aren't nearly as nice as Harry's.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
Well Han Solo was supposed to die too, like Ron he obviously got to stick around for the children but it certainly would have been more interesting.

Also:

Safaia

Sep 24, 2010
I was disappointed she didn't kill one of the big three off. About halfway through the series I would have put money down that one of them was going to die. I didn't get the 'everything is going to end in sunshine and rainbows' vibe from her until that fucking epilogue.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
(I base the following statements purely on the movie portrayal)

Too bad to. Ron was a character who kinda deserved to die. He spent the last half of the series being jealous and spiteful and many of the times he did a "good" thing it seemed really out of character because of that.

He honestly seemed like he'd be the type to get tempted by Hitler.. er.. I mean Voldemort, do a heel turn then get killed by someone who used to be his friend and, come the end of the series, I was rather surprised he didn't.

Necator15

Jan 1, 2010
I spent the entire last book of that series hoping he would die. To know that she considered it, and then threw the idea out is very sad.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Yea.
SPOILER.
It's too bad what happened to Fred but at least he made it to the end of the story. He was always one of my favorites.

I'm curious as to what that alternate timeline would've held.

Washboard

Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!
Dec 17, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I'd have killed off Hermione. Just to annoy the Emma Watson fanbase.

And replaced her with Diggory, in a dress. Just to use later against Twigletters.

Then let Voldemort win. Because he deserves to.
hes certainly presistent yes lol

VyseRogueKing

Oct 27, 2011
Reminds me a bit of the end of Mostly Harmless. Thank god that ending was fixed even if it wasn't written by Douglas Adams it's still canon (as far as canon goes in the Hitchhiker's Guide universe(s)).

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
vansau said:
I'm not going to lie: I sort of adore the fact that Rowling almost killed off one of her main characters simply out of "spite."
Me, not so much. The divine prerogative must be wielded correctly and with a reasonable emotional state (if at all possible). Done wrong you get work like Douglas Adams' Mostly Harmless or... well, several Orson Scott Card series after the first or second book (Oh my GOD why aren't you dead yet, Ender?).

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
Carrotslayer said:

If you read the end of the seventh book or saw part two of the seventh movie, you would know that Ron marries Hermione.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
RandV80 said:
Well Han Solo was supposed to die too, like Ron he obviously got to stick around for the children but it certainly would have been more interesting.

Also:

Like 99% of the time I don't find captioned pictures funny. This is not one of those times.

My question is, who is she spiting? Her fans? The characters? The big investors? Herself?

As an additional comment, doesn't JK Rowling look a little like Catherine Tate with blonde hair? Is that just me? Or do I just think all British people look alike?

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
Hey, and once again we see that spite can do pretty good things! Wouldn't have minded to much if he bit the bullet in the last book, but oh well.

Sylveria said:
There's a trope for that: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RonTheDeathEater

RandV80 said:
The North remembers.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
Also:
putowtin said:
Carrotslayer said:
no he's Mr Hermione Granger, we all know who wears the pants in that relationship!
XD Thanks, i needed that laugh.
pleasure! I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress!

James Mann

Feb 25, 2010
Trade ron for dumbledore? And have gerard butler play snape to kick ron off the ledge. he should sparta kick more people in more movies.