RTD steps down from Doctor Who.

Ares Draxus

May 6, 2008
Madmurch, its already been stated that the Doctor is Merlin, not King Arthur. Try watching the Seventh Doctor's episode called "Battlefield." Sylvester McCoy's best episode in my ever so humble opinion.

Kayevcee

Mar 5, 2008
"Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow" was Pertwee's favourite- as you so rightly say he was notoriously bad at technobabble and that was one of the few lines of scientific gibberish he liked the sound of and was willing to repeat out of a script without making a fuss. Shame neutrons aren't polar, innit?

I think Russel T Davies did a fantastic job of bringing back Who and has shown that you can put a fan in charge and still make a commercial success. However, I think we've witnessed the full extent of his playbook by now and the show will be all the more healthy for having a new perspective at the top.

-Nick

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
Yes it doesn't seem to be very good anymore probably due to Catherine Tate being in it. Seriously what were they thinking. She can't act.

Ares Draxus

May 6, 2008
I thiknb Tate is doing a wonderful job as a companion. Rose and Martha always placed the Doctor on some sort of pedestal, and here comes Donna... knocking him on his arse. I love it.

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
But after watching the Catherine Tate Show i just cant stand her. I just keep thinking of the nan when she talks.

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
Tate just doesn't seem to work so well to me either. It just seems somehow... not in keeping with the theme. Tate never does fear, and I think unless one character is afraid you can't really click with the fact they are often supposed to be in genuinely terrifying situations.

Feb 13, 2008
conqueror Kenny said:
But after watching the Catherine Tate Show i just cant stand her. I just keep thinking of the nan when she talks.
I loathed the Catherine Tate show, but I think as an actress she's very good. Her being cute as well (Yes, I know I'm perhaps the only one to think that) does help.

And Cleverly, much as I disagree with your summation, I'm dead jealous you have a Baker scarf. :)

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
And Cleverly, much as I disagree with your summation, I'm dead jealous you have a Baker scarf. :)
yes many ppl are, sadly few ppl know what it is, mom was on a knitting kick so i got her to make me one, she likes the season 18 scarf might get her to make me one of those

rayxofxsunshine

Mar 13, 2008
Ares Draxus said:
I thiknb Tate is doing a wonderful job as a companion. Rose and Martha always placed the Doctor on some sort of pedestal, and here comes Donna... knocking him on his arse. I love it.
I think I agree with you. I always *hated* Martha. She's so whiny and annoying, and she's jealous of anyone else with any connection to the doctor. I love Rose best, but probably only because she was there for so long and I got used to her. I love how Donna and the doctor interact; I'm glad she got toned down from the Donna Noble in the christmas special. All I can say is, no matter what, I'll still watch the show. So, I'm glad that changes are taking place, and all we can do is hope for the better. That and a cryo pod to keep me asleep until 2010. (it's so far away!)

electric discordian

Apr 27, 2008
conqueror Kenny said:
Yes it doesn't seem to be very good anymore probably due to Catherine Tate being in it. Seriously what were they thinking. She can't act.
He was the one that decided she would be a good person and fought for her to return after the god awful christmas special! Russel T Davis occasionally gets it right, he didnt horribly cock up the Sontaran/Unit episode which came as a massive shock. I was expecting UNIT to be rendered entirely impotent by his lazy political correctness.

Oh and Captain Scarlet Im sorry Torchwood, what a pile of pusilanemous crap, the stories lulling lets chuck in some awkward homoerotica, lets make several time travel episodes which virtually all have the same Romeo and Juliet style doomed romance overshadowing the actual plot. Run out of ideas lets lazily kill a central character to prove were edgy and adult!

I have heard theres going to be a spin off with his daughter in it where she joins this family of brothers and they go out rescuing people from crashed aircraft and all live on an island together!

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
If he was behind the orignaly named "dialects in manhattan", you know the Ep. that ruined itself in the first few moments, screwed around with the lore and made pour boiling hot wax in my ears.

Then we should be very happy.

Emmitt_Nervend

Jan 23, 2008
I'm really excited that Doctor Who is getting a fresh start with a new project lead and new doctor when Tennant leaves the cast after the '09 specials.

As much as I love him as the Doctor, I think Tennant's performance is starting to get stale and dull.

Strafe Mcgee

Jan 25, 2008
Stephen Moffat, woot! Out of interest, did anyone else see Coupling, the sitcom he wrote back in 2001? It features the immortal line "I've got the keys to paradise, but I've got too many legs!" It's funny in context, trust me.

Heh. On the whole companionn thing, I think that Donna's actually the best and I've been surprised at how good an actress Catherine Tate is. Martha is undoubtedly the worst, continually fawning over the Doctor and whining about anything and everything in that particularly annoying accent she has whilst Rose, though good, was slightly too helpless at times. Donna's far more fun than either, and as someone mentioned before, knocks the Doctor about all over the place. Which is fun.

Clairabel

May 28, 2008
I'm so glad he's going. Stephen Moffat is a leg-end and I can't wait to see what he does with it. I hope Mr Tennant stays around though. As for Catherine Tate, I like her in this. Better than Martha, slightly better than Rose.

As for the Coupling reference... I LOVE THAT LINE!!

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
electric discordian said:
I have heard theres going to be a spin off with his daughter in it where she joins this family of brothers and they go out rescuing people from crashed aircraft and all live on an island together!
funny part about that character is that's peter davidson's daughter, so she literally is the doctor's daughter

and i've heard otherwise, they have enough spinoffs with torchwood and the sarah jane chronicles

electric discordian

Apr 27, 2008
cleverlymadeup said:
electric discordian said:
funny part about that character is that's peter davidson's daughter, so she literally is the doctor's daughter

and i've heard otherwise, they have enough spinoffs with torchwood and the sarah jane
chronicles
Okay so that was a missed thunderbird reference then, i was pointing you that yet again Torchwood is just a live action Captain Scarlet

1 an unkillable hero, who was rendered immortal by aliens.

2 an entirely ineffectualy team who don't serve any purpose other than to reflect how awesome the lead is.

3 In both of the series the leading actors are wooden.

4 Both series in some part feature a floating skybase.

The only difference was that the plots were stronger and the effects were better when Gerry Anderson had it!

MissDumpling

May 19, 2008
Now I await the stepping down of Catherine Tate.

and the return of Martha.

Yes I said it, NOT Rose.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
tho other news to prove that doctor who is the best sci fi series around

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36901

personally i'm giddy about it

MindBullets

Apr 5, 2008
Moffat wrote the episode that was just shown today, "Silence in the Library". And it kicked arse.

I fully stand by putting him in charge of the whole show.

Apone

Jan 13, 2008
I'm glad there'll be a change. Personally I've just lost interest this season as the plots have been too often week (from last season) or relying on plagiarised Sci-Fi plots. And the use of famous faces to the point of casting Catherine bloody Tate just annoys me. Trying to pull ratings off the back of the popularity of her bland comedy show when she's such a one trick pony acting wise...