Rumor: Arkham City Trailer Shows Joker/Batman Co-op

Royta

Aug 7, 2009
It's not using the ingame engine, and reusing a lot of old footage and soundeffects. But some animations are 100% new. Such as the double-counter. It looked identical to the screenshot one. So either the faker spent an insane amount of time copying that or it's real.

If it is fake, then the guy deserves a medal.

AngelicSven

Aug 24, 2010
Considering none of that was new dialogue. I'm gonna go on a limb and say it's fake. Though Arkham City is suppose to have Two-Face, Joker, and Penguin with their respective gangs fighting each other so it's not unheard of that this could happen.

Still, it doesn't make me any less excited for this game.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Fake as hell.

But also sweet as hell.

But also fake....just in case you haven't realised yet.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
It's a fake, a damn good fake, but a fake. You can see that the character models are all from the old game, while the move set of Batman and Joker is from the old game. When they actually interacted with each other, it must have required some form of modding. Someone must have done a spectacular job modding Arkham Asylum on the PC to do so, much props to whoever made this

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Definitely fake, first sign is the re-used sounds and the fact that Joker is in too poor condition to fight, I don't even think he can walk properly without some assistance.

That aside, very well made and hopefully Rocksteady might pick this up!

OmegaZXA

Mar 19, 2010
That Guy Who Phails said:
Also, why the hell is Joker fighting his own henchmen?
Because Joker is a lunatic with a very short leash. He's been merciless before, and he's KILLED his own henchmen for less than punching him. See Return of the Joker, because Joker kills off a henchman just for complaining.

There is supposedly going to be co-op, but it's with Catwoman.

Tarakos

May 21, 2009
No doubt it's a fake. It's the Crime Alley map from the first one, and Batman's character model is the same as the first one (same variant of the logo and same gauntlets, both of which were changed in Arkham City). The thugs are the same too.

Still though, nice effort. Looked pretty cool.

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
I actually like the idea, but not the Batman teaming up with Joker kinda thing. that would NEVER happen. EVER. but I think they said it would have multiplayer, and I kinda like the Bats v Joker kinda thing... like, maybe, Joker's henchmen fight the GCPD, then, if someone does really well, they can choose to play as Batman or the Joker (kinda like Battlefront or L4D)? Or maybe have one player be Batman, one be Catwoman, and have more complex, difficult challenge rooms that require teamwork to solve (ie. Portal 2)?
these are my 2 suggestions.

Antidrall

Mar 16, 2010
I'm guessing it's fan mocap. The last thing Batman would ever do is work with Joker no matter what reason.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Fake, the scenario is a level from the first game, the voices are from the first game, the characters are from the first game.

Everything is from the first game.

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
Very, very cool but also very very fake.

In a way I'm glad it's not a real trailer because that would imply that Rocksteady is reusing everything from the first game (character models, voice overs, est) and Arkham City needs to be more then just a rehash.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
They call this viral marketing.

It apparently is working since you posted it here instead of them needing to pay you for those side banners that SyFy invested in :p.

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
The dialogue lines were in the first game but the reading of those lines has been altered. So either this person has access to recordings cut from the original game, or it's been re-recorded. Keep in mind, as 'fake' as it looks, it could very well be a work-in-progress trailer, one that was leaked before it was finished. As unlikely as it sounds, it's possible. As for the re-used lines, go back and listen to those in the original game. The words are the same, but these have been read differently.

04whim

Apr 16, 2009
Oh great, "this content has been removed blah blah blah". That seems like some sort of 'this is real and we don't want anyone to see' from WB -.- Can anyone send me a working link?

Edit: Oo wait, I found one :D if that's a fake, its pretty damn good :)