Rumor: Assassin's Creed III to Feature 60 Minutes of PS3-Exclusive Gameplay

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Fappy said:
In before the irony of 360 users complaining about PS3 getting exclusive content. Seriously though, to both sides: some consoles get exclusive deals.

Damn, ninja'd.

But yeah, PS3 users usually are the last ones to get the cool stuff (Dawnguard, Map packs, Minecraft?) so it's nice to see the PS3 get something extra than the 360.
Although I'm pretty sure the 360 won't be left behind and they might throw their money at Ubisoft later to make up for it...

But honestly, if the 360 would have got this deal, I still would have got it for the PS3 even though I own both consoles. PS3 is just my console of choice and I think it's the same for everyone else. The only thing that would make me side with one or the other would be exclusives, such as Journey for the PS3 or Minecraft for the 360. Obviously.

Yes.
Azuaron said:
I really don't understand system exclusives (except Soul Caliber, which gives you a character from that system's other fighting games, which makes actual sense, instead of, "Here's an hour of general content").

Why would Ubisoft want to favor PS3 players? Are they predicting sales of the PS3 version will be low, and want to say, "See? You're SPECIAL if you buy this!" with the hope that more PS3 players will buy it?

Or will they release this "exclusive" content as paid DLC on other systems in the future, and are banking on low DLC sales for the PS3 so they "might as well" give it away there to generate buzz?

Or were the managers trying to think up marketing tactics and were like, "I don't fu--PS3 EXCLUSIVE DO IT!"
Well, now that you mention it, Ubisoft kinda favors the PS3 when it comes to AC, dunno why. It's just like when AC: Revelations came out and the PS3 version had AC1 in it for free.

jaing1138

May 25, 2010
Why is this a big thing they already did this with the copernicus missions in brotherhood?

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Hmm... It depends on what kind of content it is.

Type 1 = stuff like the Gamestop pre-order bonus mission for Assassin's Creed Revelations: a free-running challenge mission that granted a bonus sword upon completion; it was completely tangential to the story and overall experience

Type 2 = stuff like EA/Bioware removing a player character and all missions/quests/story related to that character from the game unless you buy new or pay $10

If this is Type 1 stuff that was ADDED to the PS3 version after the development of the complete game, then I don't see the big deal.

If this is Type 2 stuff and 360 players will simply get the shaft or have to fork out money to get the complete experience as DLC, then that's a dick move, Ubisoft and you should be ashamed.

All in all, one console version getting exclusive stuff compared a competing counterpart is as old as gaming consoles themselves. This isn't new. It sucks for the side that misses out, but "business is business" as they say. Ubisoft has some vested interest in the PS3 over the 360? That's their choice, dick move as it MAY be.

(I emphasize "may" because of my earlier argument. I really don't see how missing out on challenge missions that are unrelated to the core experience is anything worth getting bothered over.)

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
The 360 owners don't understand why Ubisoft would dare promote the PS3 version?
Yeah, this thread is the least surprising thing I've read all day.
All those exclusive deals the 360 gets apparently go unnoticed.

Chill out guys. It's nice that the PS3 is getting some third-party love for once. Although to be fair, hasn't Assassin's Creed had the PS3 as it's primary system for, like, 2 or 3 games now?

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
So is this the joy that all the 360 owners feel with Skyrim? PS3 owner here still waiting for that...

Anyway, I'm sure the missions will be available eventually on the 360. Still, can't help but feel a little excited about this.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Fappy said:
In before the irony of 360 users complaining about PS3 getting exclusive content. Seriously though, to both sides: some consoles get exclusive deals.
I'm a xbox gamer who thinks it's stupid even when we get something exclusive. Sure, i'll jab at PS3 players every now and again in good fun, but it really is a horrible practise.

piclemaniscool

Dec 19, 2008
It's funny whenever I see these kinds of articles because in my circle of friends maybe 1 person in 100 has a PS3. I know there's probably an equal amount to 360 owners, but I have yet to be asked what my PSN account is. Half the people I know asked me my gamertag in the first conversation when I met them.

Whatever, Going to buy this on PC anyway. Can't wait for a mod that turns all weapons into rubber chickens. (I'll settle for something equally comical)

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
"This is why the PS3 is better than the 360!!!!1!!!!!11one"

These sort of things don't encourage me to use one console over another. Really, all they do is remind me that my eyes do indeed roll. I wouldn't want to forget that, shit!

Dumoras

May 15, 2012
SonicWaffle said:
Dumoras said:
anyone want to explain giving exclusive content to a Japanese company over the dominant American company, for an American game, about the American revolution, in the American market where roughly sixty percent or more of games are going to be sold.
Aren't Ubisoft French, and weren't the last few games primarily developed in Canada?

I'm not really disagreeing with the thrust of the point, but still.
I'm talking about it as an American game considering how much AMERICA is in it.
You do speak truth, though Canada is close enough to America to be a brother- in-law.
Plus one hour...really? That's hardly a good deal to make when it's gonna irritate a lot of Xbox players.
It's not good for a companies stock when over half of your costumes are yelling at you.