Rumor: Bethesda Making Direct Sequel to Oblivion

cybran

Jun 15, 2010
no.. nononononononnono, bethesda, dont do this. Now you're shooting yourself in the foot. most players want a NEW gameworld with a NEW story. Dont continue on the bullshit storyline in oblivion.

Oblivion was great because it had great new graphics, and alot better gameplay than Morrowing had. The gameworld or the story wasn't half as good as the one morrowind had. So if you're going to use the same gameworld while continuingthe same story I will be VERY disappointed. Cause I dont see you guys brining much new to the table in terms of graphics and gameplay this time around.

But I guess you might surprise me. But if this turns out to be some generic sequel to oblivion that didn't require any effort at all, then the elder scrolls series is dead to me.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
I hope we see something about it soon or get information. I can only play so much Morrowind and Oblivion, even with a million mods installed.

I'll also need a sweet computer when it comes out. No way will I buy a console version when I could get a bunch of awesome mods, and my laptop can barely run Oblivion properly. I can't wait!

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I want to do and say something that I don't normally.

And that is,....

"SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"

*cough* Thank you.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
TriggerHappyAngel said:
A sequel to Morrowind would be even better :)
I agree!

I am still excited that there's going to be a new Elder Scrolls game, but I'd much rather have a sequel to Morrowind than Oblivion.

Still, I'm excited!

DayDark

Oct 31, 2007
The eurogamer person has translated it into chronological sequel so I believe that is what he meant.

Sneaky Paladin

Jan 21, 2009
Nannernade said:
How many voice actors will they have this time? 4?
WHOA doubling the amount of voice actors? Good on Bethesda.

Also. I want any new place as long as it isn't Black Marsh or Cyrodiil. Something colorful.

Zedist

Jan 26, 2011
I guess I may be extremely late. I was searching google for more info about TESV but you guys do realize that www.elderscrolls.com now has a preview up that tells you it is taking place in SKYRIM!

The only question left to ask is this: Is there a long connection between a relative of the septims who was perhaps another illegitimate child's descendant that is not known about by anyone in the empire but happens to be a Dragonborn because of the blood in his veins?
Or will we actually get the ability to play as AKATOSH!?

Check out the preview guys, it's got me SO PUMPED!

Also, on a note about the sequel deal. It is a chronological sequel, as the preview states: "We were told it would happen...- After the gates of Oblivion were opened, Skyrim blood would spill. "

So basically what that means (as far as I figure), is that the plot is in direct correlation with the previous TES; OBLIVION.

Another GREAT thing to mention. Is that I"m PRETTY SURE. We will get to fight DRAGONS!!!!

Watch the preview and tell me what you think.

lemurjay101

Feb 2, 2011
The Zango said:
'In the stage of recording voices'

Hopefully they have more than three voice actors, with more than five lines each this time. It'll be good to have another Elder scrolls, preferably with snappier combat.

I am keeping my eye on this...
I think that they should at least keep TES interesting

AudienceOfOne1

Oct 22, 2010
Fumbleumble said:
A direct sequel?.. really?..

This just sucks... Oblivion is the flatest, dullest 'rpg' I've ever played.. and now we're getting 'more of the same'.

definate no buy.
This.

th3xile

Aug 9, 2009
Zedist said:
I guess I may be extremely late. I was searching google for more info about TESV but you guys do realize that www.elderscrolls.com now has a preview up that tells you it is taking place in SKYRIM!

The only question left to ask is this: Is there a long connection between a relative of the septims who was perhaps another illegitimate child's descendant that is not known about by anyone in the empire but happens to be a Dragonborn because of the blood in his veins?
Or will we actually get the ability to play as AKATOSH!?

Check out the preview guys, it's got me SO PUMPED!

Also, on a note about the sequel deal. It is a chronological sequel, as the preview states: "We were told it would happen...- After the gates of Oblivion were opened, Skyrim blood would spill. "

So basically what that means (as far as I figure), is that the plot is in direct correlation with the previous TES; OBLIVION.

Another GREAT thing to mention. Is that I"m PRETTY SURE. We will get to fight DRAGONS!!!!

Watch the preview and tell me what you think.
Aha, you're about two months late buddy. The posts before you were all made before the teaser was revealed. But yeah, I'm pumped.