Rumor: BioWare Mystery Project is Call of Duty: Mass Effect

Laxman9292

Feb 6, 2009
mance200 said:
....Fuck BioWare. They pulled me in with BioShock but now I think I'm going back to VALVe. Atleast when they DO make games there is some sort of consistency with them.
Bioware is consistent. They consistently make good games, I have literally loved every single Bioware game I've played. Were they not the ones who actually made a Sonic game that did not make people want to slit their throats? Hell, if they can do that then everyone loses the right to complain about them before anyone actually plays the game.

In short,

Hell Yeah

Kandon Arc

Mar 10, 2009
Harbinger_ said:
If they do it I will incinerate my Mass Effect games, throw away my Mass Effect novels and boycott the franchise from now until we all turn to dust. I hate Call of Duty with a burning passion and every single game that has ever come from the franchise. I hope that Bioware doesn't ruin a great series but soiling it with Call of Duty.
Yes because the mere existence of a ME FPS will retroactively make great games suddenly bad. Alternatively you could continue to enjoy the ME trilogy and pretend this game never happened.

Bebus

Feb 12, 2010
Don't Bioware have enough on their hands right now?

Anyway, this game could be interesting, as Bioware probably have the best track record of games out there and have yet to disappoint. I just hope this doesn't distract any valuable resource from ME3!

megs1120

Wing Commander
Jul 27, 2009
As long as it has a singleplayer element and I don't have to play as a human, I'll be happy.

Orthon

Mar 28, 2009
Bleh.. I was sort of hoping for a new IP or Shattered Steel. Very disappointed, I've had enough of Mass effect, thank you very much.

And yes, while not officially confirmed, all signs point to this being true. Still, would be happy to see that it's not.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well it surely won't be my kind of game, because I played Black Ops a few hours ago and just realized how boring this whole modern combat has become to me, I'm sure millions of other people will love it.
And this is where I'm hoping BioWare will take that pile of money this new game brings in and make another big rpg.

whyarecarrots

Nov 19, 2008
It's definitely a Mass Effect weapon. Admittedly one added in DLC, but it's from the ME universe, that's for certain.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/M-29_Incisor

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
... It won't work, plain and simple.

Call of Duty is currently the shooter equivalent of World of Warcraft.

Stop trying to surpass it in the shooter domain.

Dominate the market in general with an extraordinary game in a separate genre.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
WILD MASS GUESSING! WILD MASS GUESSING!

Well if it turns out that this is a ME multiplayer shooter, I don't know how good it will be. I mean I like the Mass Effect Series, but I don't really think that shooters are Bioware's strong point. Still it would be awesome to see some of the classes from ME get implimented into a multiplayer game.

Petromir

Apr 10, 2010
8-Bit Grin said:
... It won't work, plain and simple.

Call of Duty is currently the shooter equivalent of World of Warcraft.

Stop trying to surpass it in the shooter domain.

Dominate the market in general with an extraordinary game in a separate genre.
Why does everything have to be a something beater?

Who says they are expecting or aiming for a CoD sized share here?

Sir Prize

Dec 29, 2009
I'd like to see how they would handle a shooter/multiplayer game and it could work, depending on how they excute it. All those saying it would be a clone, yes it could be but there's a huge pontential here.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
IDK, combat has always been the worst part of just about any Bioware game, ME2 did a good job but i felt the focus on combat kind of detracted from the RPG elements of the RPG. So making an online ME fragfest really wouldn't ME at all, also I thought Bioware would forever be part of the small elite band of single-player RPG vanguards that protected us from the multiplayer hordes overrunning the citadel of games that don't suck and will be remembered a year from now.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
I have really mixed feelings about this game. If it was just CoD with a new paintjob of course I won't like it. Then I remember I was very skeptical about TF2. 600 hrs later I still love it. If they do it right, it could be EPIC. It could easily be crap as well.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
PipBoy2000 said:
Bobzer77 said:
Both had decent physics.
as far as I remember, an enemy who was hit by a grenade just fell dead... were there ragdolls or throwable items in any of them?
I know Mass Effect 2 had some pretty good physics. If an enemy was under the influence of pull they would rag doll through the air. Then push could be used on them and they would go flying into some object and smack off pretty realistically.
Put no there aren't any throwable items.

Kulingile

Oct 13, 2010
lol, Gotta love all those CoD haters crying foul already.

As long as they get ME3 out first, which they of course would not put on hold, I'll be happy. What they do with the ME universe after that is their business. If the game turns out to be good, I'll play it. If not, I won't acknowledge it's existence.

Simple, no reason for me to get upset.

Lacsapix

Apr 16, 2010
Zayren said:
I hope not. I want Mass Effect 3, not some crap shooter. Plus, it's not like a ME-based shooter will appeal to all the Call of Duty fanboys.
Valve made amazing half life games including a half life deathmatch this could be the same kind of thing.