Rumor: Gearbox Taking Over Duke Nukem Forever

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
uhhhh this could be bad for them
just think what could happen if they don't have up to the fan's expectation then it could ruin their reputation (and it might not due to fandumb [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanDumb]

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Dfskelleton said:
sketch_zeppelin said:
Jesus Christ when will this end? Duke Nukem is a lame character. The only reason he's even rembered today is because Duke Nukem Forever is one of the longest and best know running gags in video game history.
I do respect your oppinion, but I have proof why Duke is awesome:
Screw Nukem, I want to know who the chick with the mouth is, damn!

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Im torn, on one hand I still want a duke nukem game but on the other 2k hasnt ever released a good pc version of a game, they all have some kinda problem with them that tends to get patched but they are just sloppy

Busdriver580

Dec 22, 2009
Sure it won't be worth the wait, but FPS tend to take themselves way too seriously these days.
We need Duke, hopefully if Forever actually lands it could get the franchise going again.

Mikester1290

Jun 29, 2010
Which one's coming first?

DNF (also stands for did not finish)

or HL2 EP3?

RRRRaaaaaGaggGGGGeEEEE!!!

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Oh thank God Gearbox is taking over.
I was worried that DNF wasn't going to be generic or buggy enough.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
I just asked a friend that worked at Gearbox about this and
WHY THE FUCK THEY AREN'T WORKING ON COLONIAL MARINES
and he is being extremely tight-lipped about it and fed me an obviously rehearsed line about how nothing will be disclosed until PAX.

smartmoose

Genre Wars Winner
Feb 17, 2009
They should call the game Duke Nukem Forever 2 and state that while it does continue where DNF1 left off; the story will still be accessible to new players. With that they will lower expectations and hopefully word off the curse of DNF.

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
Im so glad this happened. DNF is the greatest thing ever, and a news story every 6 months with a new piece of media is just hilarious. i hope this curses gearbox and they are forced to sell the ip to someone else

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
I love how everyone keeps saying "Let it die already!" however we actually learned that it would have gone Gold earlier this year had the lawsuit not happened.

It is obvious who grew up with Duke and who did not.

VanBasten

Aug 20, 2009
I'll be damned, looks like this rumor is REAL, new trailer has been released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d38Hx2xpIM