Rumor: George Lucas Thinks the World Will End in 2012 UPDATE

bruunwald

Feb 26, 2010
Rogen is occasionally funny in his movies, but after having to put up with his appearances on practically every television show leading up to the release of Green Hornet, I have serious doubts about him being long for the industry.

He was a chuckleheaded monstrosity on Letterman: he seemed stoned out of his mind. His Mythbusters special was half him guffawing and half him being a completely idiot jerk to the build team, probably due to a hangover. Or a huge ego. Or both.

This sort of half-stoned, half-jerk blabbermouthing may explain why most of his appearances in film are in his own/his buddies' flicks, and probably speak to somebody who won't be around much longer.

Personally, I think Lucas is one of the great tragedies of Hollywood. He's someone who started out with such promise, whom millions ? including myself - idolized when we were kids, who eventually lost all that promise and seems to surround himself with yes men who never question his lousy ideas. But I don't believe he is this stupid. And all things being equal, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the simpler answer is (take your pick):

1. He was talking about an Indiana Jones plot and Rogen was too stoned to realize it.

2. Rogen was so stoned he hallucinated the whole thing.

3. Rogen is just stoned.

LitleWaffle

Jan 9, 2010
MolotoK said:
That man thought Jar Jar Binks was a good idea. What does he know?
*High Fives*

OT: George Lucas is obviously using the force at it's full potential to make a death star in order to destroy the Earth and in great strain has caused his conscience to go insane while his sub-conscience keeps working so he could get rid of the people who mocked him, rule the universe, rid the existence of his 3 horrible prequels, while as a side bonus dumping off the horrid memories of those Star Wars extensions he kept thinking about, find a new planet to call his home, make a castle using the force, bend nature to his will, create a new race after constructing a new human like being to be his bride, create a perfect race to raise as an army, enslave planets around him until he rules the galaxy, become a deity and have people finally respect him while making sure he doesn't look like he is overcompensating.

[small]obviously...[/small]

UberNoodle

Apr 6, 2010
Ooooh. SOmebody on TV said something unflattering about somebody unpopular, so therefore it MUST BE TRUE!

AK47Marine

Aug 29, 2009
Seth Rogan is a third rate actor and an absolute crap comedian. I'd sooner believe that god descended to earth in a fiery chariot and told George and Spielberg to make a third Star Wars trilogy and leave out the angst this time.

Apparently Lucasfilm agrees with me,and if we ask nicely may confirm the above theory about where the third trilogy comes from.

Nice to see they have a sense of humor about it though.

Baby Eater

Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Aug 27, 2009
Canid117 said:
FalloutJack said:
Seth! He hasn't got a ship! HE'S A HITCHHIKER!! Check his thumbs for a signaling device!
Sorry but Douglas Adams took the secret to hitchhiking to his grave.
Or did he!? *DUN DUN DUN*

Contact the dolphins at once! They must know!

OT: I'm more worried about the whole aliens created stonehenge and the earth being flat thing/sarcasm

AngelOfBlueRoses

The Cerulean Prince
Nov 5, 2008
standokan said:
Now I have to choose, was Lucas being crazy or was Seth Rogen just stoned?
Knowing Seth Rogen, probably just stoned. At least this time. Lucas is still crazy, though.

standokan

May 28, 2009
AngelOfBlueRoses said:
standokan said:
Now I have to choose, was Lucas being crazy or was Seth Rogen just stoned?
Knowing Seth Rogen, probably just stoned. At least this time. Lucas is still crazy, though.
I guess we can't believe Rogen OR Lucas then, for all we know either one of them just had an lucid dream -,- .