Rumor: George Lucas Thinks the World Will End in 2012 UPDATE

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Oh George.

I may or may not have a small niggling doubt about the 2012 event, though I'm unsure if its an end of the world thing.

HellspawnCandy

Oct 29, 2009
Why was George Lucas discussing releasing all the movies in 3D and making a new trilogy soon after which would be like 2016-2017 if he thought the world would end in 2012? George Lucas is not Charlie Sheen, he's not crazy.....I hope

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Zhukov said:
I can't wait until 2012 passes without event.

Then people will finally shut up about it.
Without event? December 2012 is gonna be an awesome month, people will stockpile food, water, prices may rise. We may see fights break out since people will assume they are gonna die anyway. Mass suicide is a possibility, I personally want to see the end of the world parties oh the decadence.

If this turns out to be true it will be further proof that Lucas is degrading fast.

Devi Darkside

Sep 3, 2009
Honestly I like Seth Rogan, and I may be one of the few who finds him to be cute in his own awkward way. But if that conversation really happened he just became crazy awesome and I hope to at least high five it for that one day.

dls182

Viva La Squir
Jun 15, 2009
Mr Ego probably just means that he'll retire the Star Wars brand in 2012, causing the economy to collapse and resulting in mankind's destruction.

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
Desperate publicity stunt for all involved, I'm thinking. I don't really care what Lucas believes, at any rate, since he's not even capable of properly steering a franchise that prints money, though he's still successful in spite of himself on sheer inertia alone.

Also, any stories about the end of the world in 2012 will be a welcome distraction from the US presidential campaign, which is already underway as we speak. You'll probably be ready for it to all be over by that point.

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
Disaster Button said:
Oh George.

I may or may not have a small niggling doubt about the 2012 event, though I'm unsure if its an end of the world thing.
I pretty sure it won't.

Fat_Seth

Jan 14, 2011
Why does everyone think that George would build the Millennium Falcon? If anything its probably an escape pod to his fully functional Death Star.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
If the world DOES end in 2012 (which it won't), I will personally apologise to every idiot who believes this.

oh, wait...

milkkart

Dec 27, 2008
thenumberthirteen said:
Wait. So does this mean no 3D Phantom Menace. It was all a joke?
lets hope so,watching that godawful thing in shitty 3D conversion will probably be enough to blind people. ugh i can see it now, maybe they'll even re-render the CG bits for actual 3d-ness causing them to clash horribly with the cardboard-cutout-o-vision converted live action bits. the mental imagery alone is giving me motion sickness.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
The end of the world is a small price to pay if it means we don't need to suffer The Force Unleashed III.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Lucas is retarded? Big surprise. I knew that when I realized how poorly he handles one of the coolest things in the universe

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
Riiiiight. Sure he does, Seth, and I'm the Pope. Hey, I've got this bridge in San Francisco that I want to sell you.

Lucas greenlit the 3D re-release of the Phantom Menace for 2012 and has re-releases of all six Star Wars films planned up through 2018 or so. Kooky though Lucas may be, I don't think this guy is telling anything in the same galaxy as the truth.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Nah, I don't believe this. People are crazy...but there's no one who actually...
Ok fine, I don't believe a famous celebrity would really fall such non...sense...
You know what! I didn't like him anyway!

I would just like for people to stop yelling about the world ending. It's annoying.