Rumor: Goldeneye 2010 Coming to the Wii

tk1989

May 20, 2008
PuppetMaster said:
further proof that nintendo ignores new ideas in favor of digging up their old titles
Lol, and the remake of Perfect Dark for XBLA is now meant to be innovative and new? And what about the re-release of God of War 1 and 2 on PS3, is that not digging up old titles either?

Cmon man, all companies do it time and time again and that is because people keep buying the games.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Nothing about this could be bad, really. I'd like this, and I'm proud that I actually purchased Perfect Dark.

strwrs_freak

Apr 16, 2009
I'm down as long as they fix the controlls, played it again a year ago and it ruined all my memories, I have no idea how i played an FPS without 2 analog stix

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Frankly I am more interested in an HD remake (nothing but graphical updates) of Perfect Dark. I see it mentioned. Might be reason to dust off my 360.

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
I don't need to buy a Wii.

I still have my N64.

Perfect Dark on XBLA sounds interesting though, hopefully it will be online multiplayer and 2-way / 4-way split-screen multiplayer and the unique cooperative and counter-operative campaign modes.

Yum.

It could look as nice as this - *crosses-fingers-whilst-typing*

JLrep

May 8, 2009
I don't see why people should be oh so excited over GE. It's very much a game that was significant for its time.

As mentioned, if you're just looking for a good game of that style, then PE is basically an upgraded GE ... and, baring a few losses, TS is a much-upgraded PE (at least, FP, in which they ironed out most of the garing mistakes in the first two iterations).

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
This place seems to be split. Half are saying "why? It shouldn't happen" others are saying "We have the source version anyway", which to be honest, while great, isn't GE or PD. The reskin/cleaned up version will be though.
JLrep said:
I don't see why people should be oh so excited over GE. It's very much a game that was significant for its time.

As mentioned, if you're just looking for a good game of that style, then PE is basically an upgraded GE ... and, baring a few losses, TS is a much-upgraded PE (at least, FP, in which they ironed out most of the garing mistakes in the first two iterations).
TimeSplitters was more arcade like though, it was much more frantic.

And PE? Do you mean PD?

AceDiamond said:
Snotnarok said:
Or if you enjoyed Goldeneye you could play one of the three Timesplitters games since it was made by the same people
They also made Haze.

Oh wait you probably didn't want that mentioned. Not to knock the Timesplitters games at all I just figured I'd take the piss out of something besides the Wii. Can we get some new joke material in here, folks?

Anyway having played GE: Source I have to say it is pretty awesome...but severly underplayed. Also they nerfed the DD44 and completely overpowered the PP7. And they got rid of my favorite sound, the Klobb's "typewriter" noise. I could make other complaints like the severly limited Character roster but really the thing is only in Beta version 3.1 and it's unfair for me to say it's technically unsound because gameplay wise it's great.

And seeing as how I own a Wii and a 360 I win no matter what comes out or doesn't.
If you got more than 6 people in a game, I'm envious. Like I said above, I've never seen anyone in PD Source before. Ever. And both of those games are fun, but they aren't GE or PD, so to speak.

PP7 is broken though.
PuppetMaster said:
further proof that nintendo ignores new ideas in favor of digging up their old titles
Yeah, good thing Microsoft doesn't do that, Perfect Dark or SonyGod Of War Collection eh?

Oh wait...

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
it woulda been nice to see Goldeneye on XBLA cuz I really never got into it on the N64 because by the time I tried it I couldn't get the controls right...guess the N64 controller was comfortable albeit way too weird for FPS games IMO

but yeah Perfect Dark, guess I'd best give that game a spin, I played mostly Mario in those days lol

can the Wii handle Goldeneye's graphics? haha I kid =P I'll be sure to make my friends download it onto their dorm Wii

Georgeman

Mar 2, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Georgeman said:
Tom Goldman said:
Would the Wii really be the best place for GoldenEye 007 anyway, at least from an online multiplayer perspective?
I don't recall the original Goldeneye being online focused (or actually having any online multiplayer at all). Considering the Wii's focus on local multiplayer and the fact that Goldeneye was famous for its local multiplayer, I think it's a fine fit. Having said that, it might be a pain in the arse to play 4 player split-screen on a small screen. Personally, I'm not that excited about it. For all we know, it could be like Rogue Agent and this wasn't exactly stellar material.
What I meant was, if we actually want to play GoldenEye 007 online, it would be better on Live than on the Wii.
That's debatable, but I won't debate. I'm not into the mood for this.

AceDiamond said:
Who's to say you'll be playing it on a small screen though? In the past 12 years since the game came out TVs have gotten bigger and cheaper
Yes they have become bigger and cheaper. Of course, a good question would be: Should we go ahead and buy them when our small tvs are perfectly serviceable? I know a good amount of people who are still playing their consoles on the good old 14".

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Well, if it's console-exclusive, then they can't blame us PC gamers for jumping at the first pirate port that comes our way. I it's not console exclusive, my wallet is right & waiting.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
God, who cares? Do we REALLY need a remake of this game? 007 is a game that was good for it's time. Yes at the time it was really cool to have a game you could just pop in and have 4-player MP fun with, but in this day and age it's all been done again and done better. I personally thought the game was so-so at best, but I was biased because I always felt that the N64 controller was a collaboration between Satan and Hitler to make the most unintuitive controller since the Jaguar..
I'll wait for the Perfect Dark remake. At least it'll be released on a system that can truly enhance a game..

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
Free Radical Design got bought by Crytek and has been renamed Crytek UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Radical_Design

It would be nice to see a Perfect Dark 2 using CryEngine 3.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Flos said:
AceDiamond said:
Flos said:
AceDiamond said:
Flos said:
I don't think people should be too hyped for a Goldeneye remake.

Let's look at our long history of remakes and see how many of them were good. :(
Starfox 64 (is totally a remake/reboot of the original)
Metal Gear Solid (is totally a remake of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake with a few boss battles changed and better puzzles)
Mario Bros. DX
Super Mario Advance
Super Mario Advance 2
Super Mario Advance 3
Super Mario Advance 4
Many remakes of Tetris

Huh a lot of these are done by Nintendo...hmmmmmmmm
Metal Gear Solid wasn't a remake of SS. .-. And absolutely none of those games are shooters. It's fairly hard to bugger up a Mario remake. Or Tetris.

Does it even count as a remake if all you've done is reskin everything?
Are you trying to say that Goldeneye being remade for the Wii won't be a reskin with motion controls added? Isn't that what many remakes end up being? And yes, Metal Gear Solid is a remake in the sense that 75% of the story elements are lifted from SS.

I mean come on they even copypasted the Ultrabox fight

As for shooter remakes hardly anybody redoes a shooter (except Doom 3) unless it's a mod. But you didn't specify
I'm saying that I doubt Goldeneye can hold up to the test of time. Yeah, it's a great game for nostalgia purposes, but this is 2009. What was good ten years ago might not be good today.

So, Metal Gear Solid isn't a remake in the sense that the game isn't made to follow SS line for line, and the location, bosses, and story changes. That's not a remake, it's a 'reimagining', which is different.
You nerds and your nitpicking. A simple understanding of basic English could solve this.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Well, I think it would make more sense and do what the XBOX live arcade is doing and remake Perfect Dark, Goldeneye Multiplayer was fun at the time, but compared to shooters nowadays is pathetic. Even Perfect Dark, which has great multiplayer is a little dated for nowadays.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
To the naysayers, I would ask: what FPS were you playing on your PSONE's when Goldeneye came out in 1997? Another crap-ass version of Doom? Goldeneye and Perfect Dark redefined the genre. The sniper rifle, the local support, all the various explosive weapons - to this day I've never had more fun with an electronic device than I had, along with three other gamers, playing license to kill, first to 20 kills, in the library, with proximity mines. One hour and fourty-five minutes. We were screaming at each other.