Rumor: GTA V Radio Info Leak

BartyMae

Apr 20, 2012
I recognize like only five of these artists...apparently, I don't know much about popular music.

(edit) Sorry, I actually recognized a total of seven artists...and five of them are "pop" artists that I only know of by pure name power.

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Very strange for me, seeing as i always fall back on metal eventually.. the country station is the most appealing to me of all these, and by the by the most familiar.

Ozark Mountain Daredevils ... awesome choice! Every other station seems sub par, though admittedly i know not a whole deal about the electronic stuff.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Kalezian said:
neonsword13-ops said:
Needs more Queen. One Queen song is not enough.

We need all of the Queen.

Anyway, the Classic Rock station looks decent. But I doubt any rock station in a GTA game will ever match the one in San Andreas.

There Non-Stop Pop has a few good tunes, and the Unknown section has a few good songs, as well.

Other than that, can't say I like the other stations. I hope 5 will give you the option to make your own playlist like you can in the Saint's Row games. That would be baller.

I'm surprised they put Radio Ga Ga instead of something else.

Say, oh I dont know, something that would sound epic when robbing a freaking bank?

something like:

Rockstar seriously missed a golden opportunity here for some really good getaway/robbery music.....
flash gordon would be so much better than dont stop me.

I can wait to wheel spin away from a bank listening to elton john saturday nights alright. With R* being fundamentally british some of the songs from lock stock or snatch would be cool.

Fuck me ive just re-read the list. It has redeemed its self with jerry rafferty. Driving a getaway with the ominius sax solo in the background. I think i just creamed my pants

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
No metal station, but they put in 2 hip hop stations?

Lame. Guess I'll have to listen to my own music, which sucks because it plays over cutscenes.

TommyChong

Aug 25, 2013
there's two hip hop stations cuz trevor is too hillbilly to know good music, michael likes pop and we also play as a damn nigg*r

just kidding, this is not the full list, rockstar is well known to try and appeal to everyone (3 different characters?!) so ima guess there's gonna be a metal station in there. But i dont care about that, hearing axl ermm...i mean tommy smith voice on the radio is all the "metal" i need

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Seeing as this is set in "Los Angeles" it's a bit disappointing that there isn't an 80's sunset strip era station. Motley Crue, Poison, Quiet Riot, Guns N' Roses, that sorta stuff.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
wow, pretty underwhelmed there. usually GTA has some awesome radio, being one of my favorite parts of the game, but these lists seems really, meh...

Jiveturkey124

Jan 13, 2009
Wheres the metal?! No Mastodon!? No THE SWORD?! They could be capitalizing on that sweet underground Stoner Metal shit and instead they are putting in all bullshittttttt.

RickyChinese

Aug 19, 2013
Kinda wish they picked a different Kendrick song. Not complaining, though. Alchemist is tight as dick skin.

Genocidicles said:
No metal station, but they put in 2 hip hop stations?
Rap's kind of a bigger genre than metal. Way broader appeal, too.

TommyChong

Aug 25, 2013
Verlander said:
Seeing as this is set in "Los Angeles" it's a bit disappointing that there isn't an 80's sunset strip era station. Motley Crue, Poison, Quiet Riot, Guns N' Roses, that sorta stuff.
Please do not put the name Guns N' Roses in the same sentence as Poison and Motley Crue, i can think of a few gnr songs that would single handledly surpass all of the motley crue and poison discography combined.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Jamash said:
GonzoGamer said:
Jamash said:
UPDATE

Sony have taken responsibility for their fuck-up and have sincerely apologised for the leak:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/08/24/grand-theft-auto-v-update/

It's not great, but I suppose it's better than nothing and in reality, is probably the least and the most they could do now the cat has been let out of the bag.
Thanks for the update...and the warning. However, ever since I found out there are 3 protagonists, I've kind of had an idea of how the climax will go. But I do want to play through with the hope that I'm wrong and that they will surprise me.
Word on the street is that the ending has been spoilt on Reddit, so people may want to avoid it if they don't anyway.

I think the main problem in the upcoming days and weeks is going to be trolls who make throwaway suicide account on any gaming website just to spoil major GTA V plot points in the thread title.

I think The Escapist should enact some kind of pre-emptive moderation on all new and seldom active accounts, meaning that all posts (and subsequent edits) from new and inactive users get automatically delayed and hidden until a moderator can read their post and vet it before it goes live.

This is probably the biggest gaming release of the generation and the magnum opus of one the biggest developers in gaming, so it's sure to be troll bait now that the game has been leaked.
I'm not too worried. If I know the internet well enough (and I think I do) there will be plenty of trolls trolling the trolls, making up fake endings of their own to just fuck with everybody. If I see a subject line with a spoiler at this point, I wont know if it's a legit spoiler or someone just having fun with the whole situation.
You got to admit, it is pretty funny; if there are people working that hard just to spoil the plot of a GTA game (once again, not that necessary in the first place) they will end up suffering from a Cassandra complex of their own making.

Ultratwinkie said:
So even if someone does try to post the ending, many more will contradict it with other believable endings. We won't know for sure until launch.
Exactly.

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
shootthebandit said:
tuff gong couldve had a load more iconic bob marley tracks especially since little jacob is such a big part of the game.
Cone on man, Tuff Gong in IV is just Marley central and it's not the best purely because of that. I can see you're more of a rock fan but honestly it's all about the Massive B, especially if you want to bring Jacob into the picture. Smasher after smasher.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
GoaThief said:
shootthebandit said:
tuff gong couldve had a load more iconic bob marley tracks especially since little jacob is such a big part of the game.
Cone on man, Tuff Gong in IV is just Marley central and it's not the best purely because of that. I can see you're more of a rock fan but honestly it's all about the Massive B, especially if you want to bring Jacob into the picture. Smasher after smasher.
tuff gong was ok but it couldve had loads more memorable bob marley songs such as one love, buffalo soldier, no woman no cry, redemption song, iron lion zion etc etc etc

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
shootthebandit said:
GoaThief said:
shootthebandit said:
tuff gong was ok but it couldve had loads more memorable bob marley songs such as one love, buffalo soldier, no woman no cry, redemption song, iron lion zion etc etc etc
I think the selection was wise as it's not just the same old cliché Bob. It really would have been, if it wasn't bad enough already. He was much more than breaking through into pop territory and it's great to see that recognised in game form at least.

As said though, Massive B fully fits the rude boy and Soundsystem junky. Ire. ;-)

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
GoaThief said:
shootthebandit said:
GoaThief said:
shootthebandit said:
I think the selection was wise as it's not just the same old cliché Bob. It really would have been, if it wasn't bad enough already. He was much more than breaking through into pop territory and it's great to see that recognised in game form at least.

As said though, Massive B fully fits the rude boy and Soundsystem junky. Ire. ;-)
you have a point but i always thought the beauty of the GTA soundtrack was that it was cliched and iconic. vice city was just 80s cliche, radio los santos was 90s rap cliche and KDST was classic rock cliche. sure tuff gong was good no doubting that it couldve been a lot better and more GTA

massive B is pretty good too, its not really my scene but i enjoyed it....hear me now rude boy!!!