Rumor: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake Likely in 2011

DVS Storm

Jul 13, 2009
I loved the first Halo and this remake thing sounds pretty cool. Although it releases at the same time as Skyrim and ME3 so I'm going to buy this from sale(if it is any good of course).

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
I think i see why they are doing this, it brings them into the world of Halo without ruining the canon, it's basically like saying "we are doing this, do you like it? If so we will carry on creating these games, if not, we won't"...if that makes sense...

I'm all for it, Halo hasn't exactly aged well...It may look pretty, but look carefully, and the cracks start to show...

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Zayren said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
this could be cool but what about equipment or armor abilities?? Will they be in this game??
God I hope not.

Armor Lock is literally the worst idea anyone has ever had. It's pretty much the Buzz Killington of online multiplayer.
It's a counter for Ghost's, which are even more annoying...

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
They'd better keep it uberfaithful to the original. If they do, then I have one thing to say, and one thing only:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
mixed feelings on this one. Would like multiplayer for Halo: CE on the 360 but when they say graphical overhaul and supports 3d, it throws up some red flags. I actually like the way Halo CE looks a lot.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
If it has online co-op, it's a must buy.

Without it...I'll stick to my original copy.

stone0042

Apr 10, 2009
Excellent, I got into the halo games around a year after Halo 3 was released, and although I played through CE and 2 multiple times, I was spoiled by Halo 3's graphics. Not that I didn't enjoy the earlier titles, they'll just be that much better with HD. I also hope they at least modify the game a little, not the exact same thing with new graphics.

imagremlin

Nov 19, 2007
This one was kind of obvious...

As I finished Reach and the first lines of Halo CE are heard, it immediately popped into mi mind: I want to replay Halo CE with these graphics.

I'm happy they will be putting this out, although we will get again the fanboys raving and the haters whinging.

And we'll get to replay the Library in HD.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Elder Scrolls, Halo and (presumably) Call of Duty all releasing within a week of each other? Sounds as if things could get interesting.

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
Didn't they already do this? I don't follow Halo very much, but I was pretty sure it was called... Reach. Or something.

SillyGodDisco

Oct 17, 2008
Halo:CE should stay where it belongs. In my memories.

If you want to do something with the franchise 343 studios, fix the ending to Halo 3.

But then again I won't really care. Two MUCH better franchises are releasing games in the same time frame. (Elder Scrolls V and Mass Effect 3)

RocksW

Feb 26, 2010
who needs this when you have halo CE on the PC?

sigh... I love that game, and I will never change :]