Rumor: Kratos Coming to Mortal Kombat

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Hey! A crossover character in a fighting game that fits in pretty well!
I have a 360 though, but a Marcus Fenix wouldn't be that bad.
Aw heck. All I care is that I get to throw harpoons at people and yell "GET OVER HERE!, and then proceed to tear my mask off to reveal a skull and spray fire all over someone.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
MattRooney06 said:
Ha ha ha this is awesome :D

When they put Darth, Yoda and Starkiller into Soul Callibar 4 it didnt really work....Kratos looks like he would fit in the MK universe...i cant wait for this ga,me
You mean to tell me that you believe Kratos being in Soul Calibur wasn't a good idea?

Dfskelleton said:
Hey! A crossover character in a fighting game that fits in pretty well!
I have a 360 though, but a Marcus Fenix wouldn't be that bad.
Aw heck. All I care is that I get to throw harpoons at people and yell "GET OVER HERE!"
Link was actually pretty good in Soul Calibur 2. Can't really vouch for Spawn or Heihachi though.

Beat14

Jun 27, 2010
Alan wake for the 360 version. Those beams of light are sure to annoy you!

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
GrimTuesday said:
Can those of us who own a 360 bget a good cross over character for once? I mean for fucks sake, we got Yoda in SC4 while the PS3 got Darth Vader. I don't want Master Cheif or anyone from Gears, I want someone who fits in with the rest of the fighters like Kratos does. Aren't there any good characters in any other games who would work better with the feel of MK? Why not Ezio or Altair from the Assassins Creed games? That would be cool.
Part of Ezio and Altair's gameplay is free run. Though I would love to see Ezio cut down everyone with his counter moves.

Oh and I can't wait to kill Kratos again and again and again. I am not sure I have ever hated a character as much as him.

nico74

Feb 11, 2007
Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden. Who wouldn't want another ninja on the MK roster?

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
Well, he's gonna have to be dulled down a bit, since as it is, he'd be the most overpowered enemy of all time. Still I can't wait to punish Kratos for what he did to our beloved Lasercat. ;_;

Vozati

Jun 8, 2010
Its like Super Smash Brothers all over again, only with more violence.

Yay!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Gaderael said:
Seeing as the series has been on the 360:
I doubt Pyramid Head fit fit the Mortal Kombat canon.

I'd place my bets on Ryu from Ninja Gaiden.

Midniqht

Beer Quaffer
Jul 10, 2009
I really hope it's not Master Chief for the 360. They put a Halo Spartan in DOA4 and it was terribly implemented and just felt so clunky, heavy and out of place.

That said, a Gears character wouldn't really fit in well either. Someone from DOA might be able to wing it.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I read it at first as "Krabs". As in Mr. Krabs from Spongebob Squarepants.
If I'd read it right, I'd so be getting this game. But it's just Kratos, think I'll still give it a miss.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
I can imagine that playing Kratos will be a lot like playing Ivy in Soul Caliber...

"Ha, long ranged attacks, eh? Well, okay, as long as I can get in close."
"Okay, that ranged grab is a little annoying, but whatever, it's easy to dodge".
"Stop swinging your blades around like that, you stupid spammer! How am I supposed to fight when the screen is covered in death?"!
"That's it, I'm done. Pick another character".

/sigh. I love Ivy, maybe I'll love Kratos!

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
WHAT! NO! aw man i dont want MK to turn into soul caliber i hate soul caliber, plus i dislike god of war. :(

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
Xbox has no exclusives left worth a damn other than Gears, so I think it'll be Marcus Fenix too.

Although I'd support putting the Fable guy in just so I can chop his ass off when he farts at me.