Rumor: Kratos Coming to Mortal Kombat

phoenix352

Mar 29, 2009
honestly is there any exclusive characters on the 360 that can fit the mortal kombat frame ?

other then gears of war i cant think of any =/

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
nico74 said:
Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden. Who wouldn't want another ninja on the MK roster?
Ninja'd.

*snicker*

But yes, Ryu would be the most appropriate for this game. In fact, I'd vastly prefer him to Kratos.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
Gaderael said:
Seeing as the series has been on the 360:
I doubt Pyramid Head fit fit the Mortal Kombat canon.

I'd place my bets on Ryu from Ninja Gaiden.
That would be pretty cool, but I wouldn't bet on it, seeings as he's already in his own game, plus the Dead Or Alive series.

The Arbiter from Halo would be alright (better than Master Chief anyway). Mayhaps they could get Bayonetta?

Mar 26, 2008
Kratos is a perfect fit for the MK games.
Considering they had a Spartan in DOA4 I don't think it will be a Halo character. One of the Gears Of War characters would make a good inclusion.

THEoriginalBRIEN

Aug 23, 2010
GrimTuesday said:
Can those of us who own a 360 bget a good cross over character for once? I mean for fucks sake, we got Yoda in SC4 while the PS3 got Darth Vader. I don't want Master Cheif or anyone from Gears, I want someone who fits in with the rest of the fighters like Kratos does. Aren't there any good characters in any other games who would work better with the feel of MK? Why not Ezio or Altair from the Assassins Creed games? That would be cool.
Don't tell me you don't remember when Xbox owners got Spawn for SC2 while PS2 users were stuck with "the old guy from tekken". No, it's not "360", but Xbox had its time for exclusives. Don't even get me started on Ace Combat 6.

Speaking of Soul Calibur 2, can anyone say RIPOFF?? I don't have the complete history of videos games in my head, and I know Super Smash Bros. came before it, but last time I checked adding non-franchise characters to the roster was Soul Calibur's shtick.

AND NOW THE RANT:

Can Mortal Kombat really not think of a better way to rejuvenate the franchise than pumping it full of popular characters? While I admit beating the hell out of MK's Ninja Rainbow with the Blades of Chaos would be incredibly fun, I can't help but feel Kratos will only feel as clunky and slow as everything else in the game. Why not create some new imaginative characters? As in more than one? Why not take a try at a new control scheme? Maybe a faster one that makes fatalities a bit easier to use for the casual MK fan without degrading them to a cheap dismemberment combo?

I'd like to imagine all this was possible if it weren't for the unimpressive "Sub Zero" trailer that came out a couple weeks ago. New dog, same old tricks. Armageddon was a failure because of the fatalities and overall blandness in the characters' moves and appearances. Vs. DC failed because the inclusion of non-MK characters meant compromise in the classic style of the series. Take a hint: you must be doing something incredibly wrong if even Batman can't save you.

Midway, (or NetherRealm or whatever you go by these days) Given the market success of the past few MK games, this isn't a financial advisory as much as it is a humble fanatic plea: For the love of Kratos, please stop making Mortal Kombat games unless they're actually different than what's come before. Please don't rush this game out just so you can release "MORTAL KOMBAT X (<--pst it's a 10!) ANNIVERSARY br00tal ZOMG EDITION" in 2012. And please, the current title and plot synopsis being what they are, PLEASE DON'T REBOOT MORTAL KOMBAT.

In an age where interactive media is really trying to be taken seriously as art, do we really need a ninth Mortal Kombat? Let alone one that is riding on the coattails of a respectable franchise? No, this battle doesn't belong simply to Midway, and no, this was not at all the right place to express my thought on this issue, but I felt like I was on a roll.

Happy Holidays, Escapist.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
fenderstrat said:
all the other characters in the game wouldnt stand a chance against kratos... he did kill quite a few gods you know...
They held up well enough against Superman you know lol.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
SC2 also had a Gamecube exclusive, and Link actually fit well. (Surprised the heck out me, though.)

Oh god...there's a frightening thought. We've been debating who the 360 exclusive's going to be, what if they release this game for the WII?!? Who would be the exclusive on THAT?!?