Rumor: Leaked Concept Art Hints at New Valve IP

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
wow.... ok i have no idea what the art relates too but it will officially haunt my dreams

Mar 29, 2008
With the malformed faces and stark uniforms it looks like valve is making a David Lynch styled Space Opera, and if that is the case sign me up for like 5 copies.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
I'm in the minority, but I really like that art.

Which is a shame, because I know that if this is a new IP, the resulting art will look nothing like the concept art.

Marik Bentusi

Aug 20, 2010
Wow, all of this either looks bland and generic or fed to the "I warp my face so funni lulz XD" app. Didn't expect that from Valve. The technical quality of the concepts is high tho. But doesn't look interesting at all. Hope it's a reject.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
ryai458 said:
Speaking of new stuff from Valve,
It's being made by an indie developer isn't it?

OT: Looks awesome, could it be a part of HL2: EP3/HL3 where Gordon may travel into the future as the result of tampering with something on the Boralis? Or it a new IP? Or maybe its prank as has been already stated...

If it's real and its good, I most definitely will get it. Whatever it is. [sub]Dues Ex. mixed with EVE. mixed ME type game plz?[/sub]

Captcha: owledy obtained

IvoryTowerGamer

Feb 24, 2011
Man, am I the only one that's psyched about what kind of weird sci-fi game would have characters like this? Too bad it's likely just a prank...

Alar said:
This looks kinda neat, but why is it that most games have to make aliens seem so... human-ish? I mean, most of these are just pictures/artwork of humans that have been altered slightly to make them "alien". Long ears and a different skin tone does not an alien make, dammit!
Who said they were aliens?

smv1172 said:
With the malformed faces and stark uniforms it looks like valve is making a David Lynch styled Space Opera, and if that is the case sign me up for like 5 copies.
Me too, I'll gladly buy extra copies to make up for everyone here who didn't like this amazing artwork. =)

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Akalabeth said:
Actually what was funny was a press release or some blurb a few years ago where some Valve guy tried to bullshit his way into saying episodic content didn't mean that the game should've been finished already. And several years and at least 3 games later, we're still waiting. What a joke. Episodic content means regularly releases Valve! Get your head on straight.

But seriously I've stopped caring. If it ever comes out, I'll probably play it. But in the interim I'll go and play something else, because nothing Valve's coming out with is remotely interesting to me.
Agreed except I won't play it, this long time between them has really broken the flow of the story for me