Rumor: Liara DLC Coming to Mass Effect 2

Caprice0083

Jun 24, 2009
They should do a DLC of Liara's issues with the Shadow Broker taking place alongside the timeline of the ME2's main mission or the time from the original Normandy being destroyed to the revival of Shepherd. I would say have Liara rejoin the crew in ME3 and resolve the Shadow Broker story then.

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
LiquidGrape said:
The fact that you want to get rid of Jack of all people really has me wondering about your well-being.
I can't even go into the basement of my own ship without that crazy ***** screaming at me to "fuck off!"

Seriously, the Krogan is better behaved than she is.
I'm guessing you went for the casual sex!

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
...the Illusive Man hiimself...
Typo?

OT: I was never really into Liara. I didn't mind the Asari as a species, but Liara was... I don't know. Annoying? That's not quite the right word, but close.

Najarana

Aug 16, 2008
Liara is boring and less attractive than any other typical Asari in the game. Don't miss her one bit.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
LiquidGrape said:
The fact that you want to get rid of Jack of all people really has me wondering about your well-being.
Really now? Only one character died during my first playthrough, and that was pretty much intentional. And that character was Jack.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
LiquidGrape said:
Wait, what? You want her with you?

Liara + Tali =

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Jack may very well be one of the few characters in the game who's got a legitimate and well-rounded persona.
Plus, she's the best looking of the bunch. Always a plus.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Meh, I barely used Liara in Mass Effect 1 and that proably isn't gonna change in the sequel when I have biotics like Jack and Samara. I don't like Liara and her change to a secretive brutal killer on a quest for revenge doesn't help in the least.....Wait...that's technically 1/4th of the crew you were sent to get!

Dec 14, 2009
LiquidGrape said:
Jack may very well be one of the few characters in the game who's got a legitimate and well-rounded persona.
How is being a psychopath 'well-rounded'? She's a bloody nutjob and I really don't go for the whole, bald headed punk bullshit.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
LiquidGrape said:
How is being a psychopath 'well-rounded'? She's a bloody nutjob and I really don't go for the whole, bald headed punk bullshit.
Face-value. What you should pay attention to isn't so much, bluntly, what she's saying; but rather whom it is she's saying it to.
A quite large chunk of her dialogue seems more like an implied catharsis of sorts than a traditional call-and-response.
- The latter perhaps most blatantly shown in the conversations with Tali, which end up in borderline hero worship.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I really hope Liana can come along for the ride! Would be awesome to have her around again!

I was a little dissapointed she didn't first time bit this will make up for it!

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
She has to show back up.

They brought back Tali. (Who is AWESOME!)

Even wrex had a little bit more to offer. (I really wanted Wrex back, but grunt was a good stand in).

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
LiquidGrape said:
It really is a shame that you have to romance her to get her full story, since I know there's a lot of people out there who don't want to.

(She was my first choice, though.)

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
Icehearted said:
I won't be gouged and pecked by these cheaply made cash grabs. They can have my cash when their DLC (if any more really is coming) is either worth the money, or when all o these are released in some sort of fairly priced set.

In all honesty, I'm really amazed people are so readily willing to have their pockets picked by poorly made tack-ons like these DLC adds and map packs.
Oh boy do I ever agree!

With Fallout 3, I should've just waited and bought the CD from Walmart where all 4 DLCs cost less than the 2 I ended up buying.

Dec 14, 2009
JediMB said:
Daystar Clarion said:
LiquidGrape said:
It really is a shame that you have to romance her to get her full story, since I know there's a lot of people out there who don't want to.

(She was my first choice, though.)
The whole 'I'm a ***** because I've had it rough' routine? Been done to death. It could have been instigated better if she was heavily sarcastic and distrustful. Not a blatant crazy person.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
The whole 'I'm a ***** because I've had it rough' routine? Been done to death. It could have been instigated better if she was heavily sarcastic and distrustful. Not a blatant crazy person.
That's not the point. Jack could easily have fallen into that pit, but her characterisation is sufficient enough to side-step it.
She's not "broken" or "psychotic". She's just a person who's never found a reason to trust anyone; and finds the prospect of someone actually having an interest in her which amounts to something more than exploitational both absurd and frightening.
She isn't a character you "mend". Her personality remains the same, regardless of your actions.
What changes is her ability to accept the fact that the universe isn't as cold as she's previously chosen to see it.

Ralen-Sharr

Feb 12, 2010
LiquidGrape said:
How is she even attractive? Much less the best looking?
She's barely better looking than Grunt IMO.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Ralen-Sharr said:
LiquidGrape said:
Why would this cause you to question anyone's well being?
Jack is a horrid character IMO and I wanted to take Grunt's advice concerning getting her on the ship.
I almost get the feeling when laying out her character they set out to make the most aggravating and antagonistic (not to mention ugly) ally imaginable.

Really I find no redeeming qualities to her character...
Well, they failed at ugly, Miranda's sausage boob and camel toe got me to swear off sex for quite some time while I try to swallow the bile. Other than that, Jack IS probably the worst character design in the game.
Andy Chalk said:
LiquidGrape said:
I can't even go into the basement of my own ship without that crazy ***** screaming at me to "fuck off!"

Seriously, the Krogan is better behaved than she is.
Prettier too.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Nevyrmoore said:
I'm guessing you went for the casual sex!
Ewwwwww. I never laid a hand on her. We had some conversations, things seemed to be progressing nicely (toward civilized discourse, not sex) and then bam, I go down one day to see how things are going and she's turned into a bald, rabid dog.

Danik93

Aug 11, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
But... but... then she'll know about Tali and Shepard. I don't want to sleep when there's a scorned biotic god on board.
Abedeus said:
LiquidGrape said:
Wait, what? You want her with you?

Liara + Tali =
don't forget rule 34 mate!