Rumor: Mass Effect 3 Getting "Better with Kinect"

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Ah EA the shining beacon of backwards innovation, ME3 is a definite buy "go to youtube and watch walkthrough"

Vapus

May 15, 2010
Lol this was bound to happen, IM pretty much Done with bioware anyways, The Cancer with the company now runs too deep to let me believe anything they make will be triple a ever again .. But then again the warning is there for all to see on thier main site .. Bioware, A division of EA.

All my hate aside, if they actually do impliment Kinect then one should expect even less from the game. Dragon age 2 demonstrated how they have no time to make a game now so much as spew out as much tripe as quickly as possible to make a buck . This wreaks of a corporate idea to sell hardware and more fluff titles implimenting kinect in the future .
The sad thing is none of them bring anything to the RPG genre at all . Nor does 3 D for that matter. {cant say there are any action adventure games of the more adult nature that make use of it as well to any immersive effect}

Not to worry says EA !! Theres plenty of suckers out there wanting to be new and kewl, and dont give a rats ass about quality !! . Alas, they just might be right .

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
AxelxGabriel said:
Ah EA... always finding someway to &#%$ up the Mass Effect games

First it was the Mako in ME

then the Mining in ME2

And now Adding Kinect for ME3

If anyone from EA is reading this, tell me: Do you guys stay up for NIGHTS on end to come up with this crap?!
Okay, I'll bite. Just how is EA responsible for any of that? I mean, maybe the Kinect, but they're not supervillains. They don't stay up thinking of ways to ruin their games or force developers to waste their money on bad ideas. They leave that to the marketing department.

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
Savber said:
...are we really raging over a rumor?

Really?
What internet have YOU been surfing on all these years?? Of coure we'er raging over a rumor... it's what we do. >.> <.<

In all seriousiness... I can't say i care THAT much if ME3 has kinetic support, maily because i'll be on my PC and it won't much matter to me. And i doubt, SERIOUSLY that kinetic support is going to have that much impact on combat... they've already stated that combat is faster, more fluied, and harder then the first 2 games, and, i can't see them being able to accoumplish that if *I* have to be the controller. My livingroom isn't big enough for me to be doing any combat rolls and my back couldn't take it. LOL

So, i'm thinking if it is in game, it's going to be, maybe gestures in converastion, driving the ship, planet/resorce related, maybe, MAYBE biotic/tech power activation... like instead of press a button, you fling an arm... at most that'll be it. And that isn't that bad. Granted, if it's the reason the game was delayed 3 or 4 months,that kind of tickes me off... but, eh, what can you do?

Yosato

Apr 5, 2010
Shamanic Rhythm said:
Wait, who has actually been clamouring for Kinect in ME3?

I have visions of the internet erupting about it being 'dumbed down' like it does everytime EA or Bioware mention anything about the game.
Whoever it is needs to be shot. Seriously though, I don't see how ME could be improved in ANY way by Kinect - this sounds like a bad idea to me.