Rumor: Next Xbox Could Run Windows

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
I believe MovieBob expressed my thoughts on this in a Game Overthinker episode, namely, that this is what happens when you let a non-gaming (computer software) company make a game console. The games become secondary to trying to peddle the other stuff the company makes to you.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Xaio30 said:
Fuck you, Microsoft, for seriously trying to kill PC gaming.
What? How are they trying to kill PC gaming? This means there won't be crappy PC ports (or at least less of them) because they would run on the same OS.

If anything, this could actually help it, as it means the PC would have a fuckton more games.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
arc1991 said:
Xaio30 said:
Fuck you, Microsoft, for seriously trying to kill PC gaming.
What? How are they trying to kill PC gaming? This means there won't be crappy PC ports (or at least less of them) because they would run on the same OS.

If anything, this could actually help it, as it means the PC would have a fuckton more games.
Are you sure it will be the same Windows and not a "Windows XBOX" OS?
Look from my perspective: An XBOX that can run programs, surf the web and play games developed for the Windows XBOX OS.

How does that NOT make the PC obsolete if Microsoft plans on releasing all their future "PC" games on the XBOX instead?