Rumor: Next Xbox Uses Touchscreen Controller

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
FUCK TOUCH SCREENS!

Seriously, I hate them so damn much. Mainly speaking about my phone here, but I hate the touch screen for so many reasons. I can't feel for which button I want, nor rest my fingers on them. My fingers are so cold sometimes (bad blood circulation) that my fingers are too cold to use the touch screen. It gets dirty easily and is a pain to clean.

If a touch screen was introduced into console gaming I would be seriously pissed off. I'm just thinking of how horrible it would be for me. I love the buttons, they always feel familiar, resting my thumbs on them is easy.

*annoyed rant over*

Hopefully this stays a rumor. I would not like this at all. Keep the old controller over something like that any day.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
I know I'm already too late, but here come the "Oh no's! Things must never change or it will be the death of gaming as we know it!"

What happens happens, and if I have the money, I will get it.

VMK said:
Oh those rumors.
In a week, there will be information about X-box 720's "shoot lazers and make sandwiches" function.
Didn't you hear? It does all that plus transforms into a hover car which will whisk you away to your own personal holodeck, which is the real system. It is kept cheap by being only one massive holodeck that creates smaller holographic holodecks inside it, instead of actually constructing and trying to sell real personal holodeck models.

It's kind of like that "I heard you like" meme. I heard you like holodecks so I made you a holodeck in my holodeck so that you can make simulations within a simulation.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Yeah I'm hoping this is just a rumour too, firstly it would probably make the console more expensive. but why would you need a touch screen on a controller? I don't get it.

mad825 said:
Ha! I would now like to see people throw their controllers in a fit of rage.
Maybe they're hoping for it, they would make more money that way.

Blue Hero

Aug 6, 2011
Rumor: Next Sony console uses dildo for controllers.
Rumor: Next Microsoft console after this next Microsoft console uses TWO dildos for controllers.

I'm kinda getting sick of all these rumors. Most of these rumors are just stupid.

jayzz911

Nov 9, 2010
Next up: microsoft opens an app store so you can play games exclusively on your controller!

I bought a wii once. It's controller didn't really do what I asked of it half the time.
Then I bought an xbox360 and that controller does exactly what i ask.
If all 3 follow the same gimmick there will be no escaping said gimmick and I hope that if that happens they atleast continue to release xbox360 and ps3 games...

Bob Hoss

Oct 26, 2009
Oh, god. I hope this just ins't true. there is nothing good about touch screens. especially not

since touch screens require you looking at them the entire time, and the last thing anyone

should be doing when gaming is staring at the controller the whole time they should be staring at the screen.

I honestly don't see whats wrong with controllers. Less carpal tunnel syndrome than keyboards and less thumb-joint pain than keypads and touch screens.

I hope they make it optional for most games.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
More shit that breaks easily and makes you buy another accessory triple the markup

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
GreatTeacherCAW said:
It fucking better not. If everything starts going the way of touchscreens and motion controls, I will have absolutely no problem with not playing video games anymore.
We of the glorious PC gaming master race will open you with open arms.

farscythe

Dec 8, 2010
meh... i hope they dont put a touch screen on my controller as is the chunky regular controllers dont last me more than about 8 months before wear n tear starts giving them issues (n thats assuming the lil one doesnt drop em every other day) so yea.. thinking having a controller that will be more fragile and probably a lot more expensive is not a good thing.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
If it has tactile pixels, it would rock (http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2011/07/08/tactile-pixels-let-you-feel-textures-on-touchscreens/ ). Hell, I might even consider thinking about buying one.

geizr

Oct 9, 2008
Many rumors turn out to be nothing but vain attempts to reshape reality into one's own fantasies of desire, and this seems especially true with tech-products. But, I have to agree, if this is true, then it sounds like Microsoft is bandwagoning on Nintendo's ideas rather than innovating for themselves.

There was an Internet blog once by Sean Malstrom about the "bird-man fallacy"(unfortunately the website is no longer active, so I can't link to it). He was specifically talking about the casual gaming market and why most game developers kept getting it wrong, but he also demonstrated how the general concept of superficially copying the appearance of something without understanding its actual operation generally leads to poor results.

Addendum: It's been a long time since I looked at any of his articles, but, for those who may be curious, here's a link to his Wordpress blog: http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/ [http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/].

Ogargd

Nov 7, 2010
I hope this is just a stupid rumor set off by the Wii U, in my opinion we don't really need an upgrade, it's just a waste of time and money.

And to anyone who thinks this means console gaming is dead or console gaming is alive then you're wrong either way, this rumor signifies nothing and no matter whether Microsoft release another cheap gimmick in the next two years or not people will still play on consoles.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Next thing you know there will be a touch screen or touchpad on the xbox unit itself. Aye aye aye I just want things to go back to the sixth gen.

Dec 28, 2011
Outcast107 said:
D.W.M.A Swag Meister said:
xbox has offically lost me with the used games bullshit. fuck them
You do know that just a rumor right?
yeah but rumors start beacuse there may be some truth to them, mabey someone leaked that through a focus group or a disscussion or something and called it a rumor.