Rumor: Next Xbox Will Feature Blu-ray, Anti-Used Games System

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Igen said:
they could include a small burner that would tag new disks for your system id number only.
Bingo.
I was going to reply with that, but waited to see if someone else picked up on it first.
I would also expect extra DRM enforcement like "One game registered to one account" and "One account per system".

Get out your wallets kids; you're about to get gouged by monopoly and proprietization.
HARD.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Microsoft can kiss the darkest part of my white ass if they believe I'd ever buy a console that forces me to buy every game for it new. The rest is just sounds like them trying to make console as powerful as the PS3.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
"Piracy is a big problem and we lose money because they would rather take the game than pay for it" - gaming companies.

"Used game sales are a big problem and we lose money because people would rather buy used than new and we don't see a dime from that, so we're going the SOPA path by throwing 8 crates of c4 in your back yard to clear up your ant problem by installing anti-used game technology." - Rumor

If this is true, then I can't help but worry for the mental well being of the people who would think this is a good idea, and the people who gave them the green light to do it...

Overreacting to problem B is only going to increase problem A... By like... A lot... If this turns out to be true, then as far as I'm aware of, the new xbox doesn't even exist in my book, for I will refuse to even acknowledge it.

Which is hilarious... Good for you! You no longer have to worry about people buying your games used and now you make ALL the money on sales... Except... Now you make even less money because no one will purchase your system, and thus no one will be buying your games. Hope it was worth it!

nikki191 said:
ah the final last stands of the big publishers and manufacturers before they surrender and jump on board they way the music industry has
That's precisely what was going through my mind. We've been seeing some severely EXTREME counter measures as of late that do nothing but piss off the entirety of the community instead of the people that they're trying to target. The answers to their problems are right there in front of them, yet they would rather chase away their fan base before committing to them by doing this nonsense.