Rumor: PlayStation Move-ing Arms in September

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Rumor: PlayStation Move-ing Arms in September

It's rumored that Sony's PlayStation Move [http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Move-Starter-Bundle-3/dp/B002I0J4NE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276714559&sr=1-3] will be making arms flail wildly just as kids are forced back into school.

Sony's plans for the release of its lollipop-like motion controller that you can lick but probably shouldn't, the PlayStation Move, were set for a general fall 2010. Thanks to Jason Bradbury of the UK's Gadget Show (on Five), rumors are hovering that September will be the month of Move's release.

Bradbury tweeted: ".. another thing I was meaning to say. Sept for Playstation Move!!! I'm sure of it. Can't say why. Just.. September 2010." The Gadget Show is a technology news show, so maybe Bradbury caught a whiff of some PlayStation Move information somehow.

Sony sent a statement to VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2010/05/14/playstation-move-release-date-in-due-course-says-scee/] that said: "SCEE will confirm the launch date for Move in due course, and any dates mentioned at present are just rumor and speculation." A rumor also leaked out earlier this week that Microsoft's Natal would be launching in October, so maybe Sony wanted to make sure they hit a month earlier. It looks like E3 2010, which runs from June 15-17, will hold many an announcement about release dates, including Natal's, Move's, possibly the Nintendo 3DS's, and lord knows what else.

Via: VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2010/05/14/playstation-move-release-date-in-due-course-says-scee/]

Baby Eater

Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Aug 27, 2009
The title pun! It hurts my eyes!

OT:pity I was hoping to accidentally break my windows before school.

airwolfe591

Dec 11, 2009
I'm actually excited for Move, as much as I tend to hate gimmick heavy games, I just want to crack some skulls in Motion Fighters, if the game is made well that is.

GodKlown

Dec 16, 2009
Still one of the most ridiculous looking controllers to come out, and I will laugh at one in person in September

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Am not want this.

But at the very least I hope it actually creates some games that use the controls properly, and shuts people up about the wii.

Maybe if people see how easy it is to make a good game with good motion controls using move and natal, they will stop saying stuff like "good for a wii game".

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009

Oh god.

I never thought the others would follow Nintendo's horrible suit.
Consoles are dying, I just hope they don't make motion controls compulsory for PC...

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
dementedartist22 said:
Love sony. Love what they do. Love my ps3. Do not love Wii. Do not love Move.
That is what I think. Also, why is everyone obsessed with motion sensor technology now? I know Nintendo has made a lot of money on the Wii but most of that is owed to a HUGE fanbase and the casual, pick up and play easily crowd.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Redlin5 said:
dementedartist22 said:
That is what I think. Also, why is everyone obsessed with motion sensor technology now? I know Nintendo has made a lot of money on the Wii but most of that is owed to a HUGE fanbase and the casual, pick up and play easily crowd.
You answered your own question there.

As for motion controls on the PC, to be frank, I can't see it happening when the mouse already does a brilliant job at being a pointer (see: any FPS for the PC).

Natal and Move's success will be indicated by how many games launches with it. The Wii had over a dozen, and Natal & Move must build up a library rapidly, or they'll wind up like the rest of Nintendo's accessories this generation; forgotten and underused.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
I'm guess I'm looking forward to this. I'm gonna need better applications than prettier Wii sports which is the only game I play on my wife's Wii.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
Really? I could have sworn this technology was released four years ago. Oh right, SONY are releasing it now. With complimentary light globes.

Jory

Dec 16, 2009
I think the controllers look awesome personally.

Still don't know how good it will be for actually playing games.

CLEVERSLEAZOID

Mar 4, 2009
I can't wait for all of this motion bullshit to fall on its face and devs can concentrate on what gamers actually want, which is not to flail around like morons.

Wii has never interested me [apart from the Resi Light Gun games, damn you], Natal has annoyed me [by the way of Microsoft jumping on the bandwagon, not that I expected them to do otherwise] and I'm really not surprised Sony are doing the same.

I work long days and I savour sinking into my couch with my controller in my hands, and not having to move for a few hours apart from toilet breaks.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
dementedartist22 said:
I couldn't have said it better.

Also, that controller is just... wrong, man. Folks might confuse it for...

... a novelty flashlight. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE GUTTER!