Rumor: PSP 2 Features Reverse Touch Screen Controls

Kiithid

Aug 12, 2009
Begone the claw!
A new age of controllers are coming, behold the crab, since the claw doesn't hurts your hands enough.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I actually quite like the idea, and, could work! I think its awesome they are experimenting with something new!

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Here is how you make a PSP. Take a Dualshock controller, and strap a screen to it. It might look ugly, but it would be functional.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
My phone has a reverse touch screen, and I keep the thing turned off, because it's impossible to hold it without accidentally using the touch screen. I hope Sony finds a way around such a problem.

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
I've thought for years they should just put some buttons on the back of controllers, in some instances it would be much more comfortable and usable with extra buttons and you can't put more than six face buttons on a controller comfortably (and even six seems to be pushing it), why don't they just do that? Games industry, are you really going to be outdone in this by Nintendo?

Sir Moomin

Apr 16, 2010
Wish they would just design a handheld that would'nt get finger marks or a scratched screen :/ i would pay good money for this!

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Interesting. If they bring 20 launch titles that properly show this new tech, then I might consider taking a gander at this.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
This is all we want sony, 2 analog sticks, not a Dreamcast special, TWO analog sticks. Stop messing around and just stick that second part on. And they better stick with making things like their six axis optional in games so I can turn it off. Unlike Nintendo where they mostly force controls on you even though you can use 10 controllers on the damn wii! >:C

pneuma08

Gaming Connoisseur
Sep 10, 2008
Ugh, I'd have to try it and perhaps get used to it before I can stomach the idea. It's interesting and could be great for the system, but I just don't know how well and comfortably it'd control.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
I think the title is a bit misleading, I mean reverse touchscreen controls? Slightly more understandable with "touch sensor on back"

DrScoobs

Mar 6, 2009
i would settle for two decent sized analog sticks, but touch and motion controls seem to be the thing these days so eh, why not?

Rubashov

Jun 23, 2010
Hmm...so basically a mouse-pad on the back of the PSP? It sounds like it could be a little awkward at first, but I could probably get used to it pretty fast.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
So long as it comes with 2 analog sticks i could care less if they straight up copy Nintendo

2 ANALOG STICKS SONY! EVERYONE HAS BEEN ASKING FOR IT SINCE THE PSP!

I mean i figure it was just the logical step since it makes porting games over so much easier >.<