Rumor: PSP2 Images Hit the Streets

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Layzor said:
Just make a PS3 controller with a screen, I'll buy it
Yes, a PS3 controller in your pockeet would be so comfortable and portable :p

OT: Eh, I'm not much of a handheld gamer in general to begin with, but this does look interesting. I was meaning to get a PSP, but laziness and disinterest with most handhelds put me off of it.

Let's see what Sony come up with here. Say what you will about the PSP franchise, it is not dead. Anything will look "dead" compared to the DS franchise, and 60 million units is nothing to scoff at. It would be a damn shame if Sony was to get dragged off the handheld scene, Nintendo needs some competition damnit!

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
VicunaBlue said:
Am I the only one who thought FINALLY!, when they saw the dual analogue sticks?
Not at all. I have an original PSP-1000. Hopefully this one will be better than the original software wise. But a lot of the software fail was because of the failure to include the second stick. Shooters were terrible. As long as it is more powerful then my cell phone, and can do its share of my portable media needs that my phone does not already do, I may get it. We'll see.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I'm not impressed, at all. Sony's playing catch up with Nintendo and all they do is add a second thumbsticj in an akward position and... what the hell am I supposed to do with that "trackpad"?

The PSP should die already, Sony's poking a dead horse with a stick.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Ahlycks said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Ahlycks said:
Asuka Soryu said:
This thing better not be 'download' games only.
Lol guess what?
Guess I'm gone to avoid this thing.
Hey, downloading is not THAT bad. Get ps1 games and no whirring noises and no scratched up games.

Too bad now you need to worry about losing unmarked small as fuck memory chipz.

1: Wireless out here is bad/I don't have wireless nor intend to get wireless internet.

2: I like to have the actual games, for my library/incase I need some quick change I can sale the game.

3: Don't care for PS1 games.

To me, this is just an updated PSP Go and I'm not buying into that.

K^2

Nov 18, 2010
aeric90 said:
I'm going to be a bit optimistic and believe that if this is the real deal then it's just a prototype shell for the dev-kits in which case things could change following test play and things.
Likely. Remember original PS3 controller design?

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Ahlycks said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Ahlycks said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Ahlycks said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Lol guess what?
Hey, downloading is not THAT bad. Get ps1 games and no whirring noises and no scratched up games.

1: Wireless out here is bad/I don't have wireless nor intend to get wireless internet.

2: I like to have the actual games, for my library/incase I need some quick change I can sale the game.

I thought the psp go was hors shit but i'm still interested about this.

And why the fuck do they base the designe AFTER THERE FUCKING WORST THING

They're stupid? They thought Blu-Ray would be so appealing to gamers, yeah, a 600$ console. How appealing.

They didn't add rumble, but they added Six Axis. (Yeah, Six Axis... when was that used)

They removed the backwards compatability of playing PS2 games. What a great saling point, it's slightly cheaper and it can't play PS2 games anymore. But they kept PS1 apparently.

And they made fun of the DS, wich to this day is still kicking their asses in the handheld battle.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Asuka Soryu said:
Ahlycks said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Ahlycks said:
Asuka Soryu said:
Lol guess what?

You do realize they are not going digital only for this device right? They stated that they won't be using UMDs but switching to another physical medium like memory cards or something similar to what the DS uses. The reason we don't see any place to put games is mainly because that is a prototype dev kit for all intents and purposes.

In any case, don't overreact until there is clear cut proof. Seems too many people are jumping to way too many assumptions way too quickly without anything to really back it up. They aren't going all digital, and switching to a better storage medium is smart. I don't mind UMDs, but they are fragile and not as ideal as memory carts which can hold more memory and are sturdier than mini disks.

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
Here's hoping this one is worth the price tag.

My problem with the PSP was the games. If it wasn't a GTA or God of War spin-off then it wasn't gonna sell. It did redeem itself by re-releasing the likes of Breath of Fire 3, Tales of Eternia and Star Ocean 1 + 2 tho.

Oh and don't bother with the UMDs this time please. That was just stupid too. (Or if they are. Make them a lot cheaper than DVDs instead of twice the price.)