Rumor: Russian Skyrim Map Leaked

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
The world of Elder Scrolls isn't something they just come up with in each game:

This has even more detail about Skyrim - as far as ciies and interesting places anyway.

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
Has anyone else rode to the border of Cyrodil and Skyrim yet, and tried to pass the invisible wall out of sheer will and excitement for Skyrim?! The creators purposely block your field of view with some even higher mountain ranges. I just hope you can enslave all the NPCs to work under your Lordship. If not, then i shall try the modder community. What's the point of an NPC's life if not to work for the User? ;) Imagine what an NPC could do while you are off taking your exams or at a job..A minute in the real world could be hours in the Digital...Ahh the Artificial Intelligence which we have barely touched in the Simulation and Gaming Industries...

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
SmugFrog said:

This has even more detail about Skyrim - as far as ciies and interesting places anyway.
Holy crap thats Sausatralia (a million points for getting the reference)!

Dusk17

Jul 30, 2010
How can you tell that its a big map? for all that map shows us it could be half the size of oblivion. there is no information on the scale size.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Dusk17 said:
How can you tell that its a big map? for all that map shows us it could be half the size of oblivion. there is no information on the scale size.
Its already been confirmed to be the size of oblivion, but it will seem larger because Oblivion was L shape and had a really big river.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
SmugFrog said:

Hang on. I thought they just said that Skyrim was bigger than Cyrodiil. It looks quite a bit smaller on this map.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Looks considerably smaller than Morrowind. Which is strange, because Vvardenfell is supposed to be much, much smaller than Skyrim.

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
Romidude said:
Am I the only one noticing stuff like this is always in Russian for some reason? Looks like what I assumed the map would be like, anyways.
We, Russian, are resourceful. That, and local publishers are really careless. Russian version of Assassin's Creed leaked way before release because guys from localization studio gave the master disk (yes, facepalm) to some random guy they knew to play for a couple of days.
Since Skyrim is being localized I expect every bit of it leak and make it's way to certain Russian sites.
Not that it really concerns me, if I ever buy Skyrim that will be on PS3 and in English.

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
Corporal Yakob said:
SmugFrog said:

Snippity snip snip on that there image..

"A collection of islands in the South Pigcific, recon has shown that these islands are rich in swill.. chortle chortle.. SHUT UP!"

Are we reading from the same hymn sheet here? Hogs of War..

OT: I'm sure PC gamer had this map a month ago.. but looks awesome anyway

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
Lord Kloo said:
Corporal Yakob said:
SmugFrog said:

Snippity snip snip on that there image..

"A collection of islands in the South Pigcific, recon has shown that these islands are rich in swill.. chortle chortle.. SHUT UP!"

Are we reading from the same hymn sheet here? Hogs of War..

OT: I'm sure PC gamer had this map a month ago.. but looks awesome anyway
"Swill is the life-blood of pigs! Control the swill and you control the world: and that means WAR! What does it mean?" "War Sargeant!"

Good God-Emperor I loved that game so much!

Enkidu88

Jan 24, 2010
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Hang on. I thought they just said that Skyrim was bigger than Cyrodiil. It looks quite a bit smaller on this map.
I think they meant that the actual gameplay area of Skyrim will be bigger than what was present in Oblivion, in terms of geographical canon, Cyrodil is bigger than Skyrim.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Shamanic Rhythm said:
At least 30% of that map appears to be mountains. I bet at least half of those mountains are completely impassable, and most of what remain only have one path each. But we'll have to wait and see, won't we.
My thoughts exactly.
I probably won't get it based on just some of the main selling points wouldn't make me love Skyrim more then I liked oblvion. Again, your probably right, the mountains only exist to give the FEEL of a large place, when its really not.

darkfire613

Jun 26, 2009
I thought that Todd Howard had confirmed in an interview that they were only doing five cities this time around, but putting more effort into making them more unique than the Oblivion ones. Still, I'm not complaining. Nine cities is fine by me.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Scott Bullock said:
And there is a lot of world to fill. Don't get me wrong, Oblivion featured a hefty amount of Cyrodiil to play around in, but a side-by-side comparison of Skyrim and Cyrodiil (which is pretty easy, considering they share a border) shows that while Cyrodiil seems large, it isn't quite as large as you might think, due to being hook-shaped and featuring loads of boring, bland water. Skyrim, on the other hand, features no such trickery. It is a seriously solid block of world, no doubt about it.
Actually, with any official elder scrolls map that shows the entire map of the land will show that even with the water, Skyrim is still a hell of a lot smaller than Cyrodiil, which seems to only be rivaled by Morrowind.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=https://forums.playfire.com/_proxy/%3Furl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.nerevarine.fr%252Fimages%252Ftamriel.jpg%26hmac%3Db5602dc298893c8e9df75d2f6ec8ad5c&imgrefurl=http://forums.playfire.com/general-discussion/thread/92643&h=606&w=840&sz=312&tbnid=pNSdP3XipGLpaM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=125&prev=/search%3Fq%3Delder%2Bscrolls%2Bmap%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=elder+scrolls+map&docid=QRyC2T7h44cfoM&sa=X&ei=NqKTTrPJDM-DsgLi8OTQBg&ved=0CCUQ9QEwAQ&dur=330