Rumor: Russian Skyrim Map Leaked

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Bloodstain said:
Looks considerably smaller than Morrowind. Which is strange, because Vvardenfell is supposed to be much, much smaller than Skyrim.
Pffffffft. You see Hammerfall/High Rock on the color maps? See the bay dividing the two of them? See how not-big it is?

http://i45.tinypic.com/s0yfie.png

In-game, it's the size of TWO GREAT BRITAINS.

The Elder Scrolls people don't really know how to make consistent map sizes. Illac Bay is about one tenth the size of Skyrim, twice the size of Vvardenfell, and one sixteenth of the Imperial Province, despite being about a hundred times larger than all of them combined in-game.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Before logging on today, I never thought it would be possible to fap to a map.

I am wiser now.

pwnzerstick

Mar 25, 2009
NinjaDeathSlap said:
SmugFrog said:
The world of Elder Scrolls isn't something they just come up with in each game:

This has even more detail about Skyrim - as far as ciies and interesting places anyway.
Hang on. I thought they just said that Skyrim was bigger than Cyrodiil. It looks quite a bit smaller on this map.
Thats just how the map looks chances are it is gonna be scalled so that it actualy will be bigger. Plus that map isnt official.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I can't wait to hang that up in my room. It's my desktop already, AND I GET A CLOTH VERSION!

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Bloodstain said:
Looks considerably smaller than Morrowind. Which is strange, because Vvardenfell is supposed to be much, much smaller than Skyrim.
In Morrowind, you only played on the central island of Vvardenfell. The majority of mainland Morrowind (Bar the capital) was inaccessible land.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Romidude said:
Am I the only one noticing stuff like this is always in Russian for some reason? Looks like what I assumed the map would be like, anyways.
well it is TRUE that russian have much less procedures of hiding stuff from leaking and it is also TRUE that they get many things earlier (just look at region 5 dvds, almost every movie comes out in there first).

On topic, now i dont know how big it will look in-game, but i expected more. Then again the only game i saw which in my opinion had a map "big enough" was grant theft auto: san andreas.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Captain Pancake said:
Bloodstain said:
In Morrowind, you only played on the central island of Vvardenfell. The majority of mainland Morrowind (Bar the capital) was inaccessible land.
Having played through Morrowind over 20 times for the past few years and still playing it, I know that, thank you.
Look again:
Me said:
[...] because Vvardenfell is supposed to be much, much smaller than Skyrim.
So the playable map of Skyrim being smaller than the one of TES III is very astounding considering the rather small size of Vvardenfell.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Bloodstain said:
Pffffffft. You see Hammerfall/High Rock on the color maps? See the bay dividing the two of them? See how not-big it is?

http://i45.tinypic.com/s0yfie.png

In-game, it's the size of TWO GREAT BRITAINS.

The Elder Scrolls people don't really know how to make consistent map sizes. Illac Bay is about one tenth the size of Skyrim, twice the size of Vvardenfell, and one sixteenth of the Imperial Province, despite being about a hundred times larger than all of them combined in-game.
I wish they would be more consistent and use the scale established by Morrowind...Cyrodiil and Skyrim would be huge. I remember walking across Vvardenfell just exploring the many secrets and wonders. Those were the days.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
i look at the maps and i like to see them, but beside skyrm and morrorwind im lost. forgive me for the blasphemy but i never played elder scrolls, can somone tell me which area belongs to which game?

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Still not interested its bigger but it prolly means its just got more unclimable mountains and more goblin lairs. I never really got into Bloodmoon and as a result im not surprised that skyrim isnt resonating for me.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
coldalarm said:
Poisoned Al said:
Yeah but Oblivion was the same 10 yards of Sussex copy-pasted to ... well oblivion. This might be big, but if it's all the same again I won't be that impressed.
I didn't know Sussex had snow-capped mountains. Well, you learn something new every day ;)

Blunderboy said:
Looks good. I hope there are a few more towns then shown on the map. I love discovering little villages.
Now they need to release the PC specs so I know what format to get it on.
Simple, get it on PC. You shouldn't even need to think about it.
Yes, buy Skyrim for the PC even if you don't know if you'll be able to run it. That should be obvious, nub.
Zhukov said:
Clearly this map is proof that Skyrim will be the best game in the history of ever.
Clearly. I mean, how would it not? Just look at how mappy it is.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Scott Bullock said:
And there is a lot of world to fill. Don't get me wrong, Oblivion featured a hefty amount of Cyrodiil to play around in, but a side-by-side comparison of Skyrim and Cyrodiil (which is pretty easy, considering they share a border) shows that while Cyrodiil seems large, it isn't quite as large as you might think, due to being hook-shaped and featuring loads of boring, bland water. Skyrim, on the other hand, features no such trickery. It is a seriously solid block of world, no doubt about it.
I hate to break it to you Scott, but skyrim is littered with impassible mountains.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
.No. said:
Yes, buy Skyrim for the PC even if you don't know if you'll be able to run it. That should be obvious, nub.
Well, if he's even considering buying it for the PC then he's going to have at least some capable hardware.

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
I just love the fact that 2 assignments i have are in on the 10th, so as soon as i get home i hit the preload button, then at midnight it's all out war! considering friday is a day off for me...well this plan will work provided steam allows the uk to play at our midnight rather than something like the us's midnight..