Rumor: Sega Preparing Sonic for Natal Debut

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
The Riders games were pretty good. This would work.

Hey, it can't be worse than Tony Hawk: Ride, right?

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Holy bejeevus Sonic, whay 'ave they done to ya? IMO, Riders was terrible, and Natal sounds to gimmicky for me to actually care about.

Still, Sonic 4 is coming out soon. That's good news, right? Let's just hope that it make up for all those other terrible Sonic games.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
"Free Riders" wasn't a terrible game, it just didn't feel like a Sonic game.
And I fail to see how a racing game can be made more fun with motion controls. Since it's a surfboard-like racer, weight distribution seems like it'd be key to control so how can they pull this off without some sort of WiiFit board?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I can only imagine how tired this game will make people whom play it!

...Why cant trhey stop flogging a dead horse?

Raithnor

Jul 26, 2009
This has to be some exercise in Epic Fail. This is the same basic idea of Tony Hawk: Ride only replacing the WiiBoard with a Natal and putting Sonic in it.

I remember a hoverboard-ish game way back when they had the EyeToy out it didn't do well either.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I love gaming controls. I would happily go back to the original XBox controllers if all this motion control hype went away.
midpipps said:
Reminds me of this
Wow, that seemed to include about everything that was just described for Sonic Free Riders.
So basically Sega is coming out with something unoriginal with their first Natal game. Normally expected with the ordinary library out there, but when there is probably, what, 3 titles set to come out with Natal? Sad.
Brad Shepard said:
God, PETA, get off your asses and save Sonic from his pain and suffering!
You honestly want PETA getting in on the action of protecting digital animals now? I hope you aren't big into Pokemon, because PETA will be all over them(Digimon, too. Sorry Jack and Calumon). Though what Daxter would have to say about all that would be worth listening to.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Anybody else remember what happened last time a Sonic game was debuted with a piece of Microsoft hardware? You don't? Let me remind you...

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
You may have missed the band wagon but Sonic Colors was just announced for late 2010 a few days ago, So Sonic 4 already wasn't the only game slated to come out this year.
http://www.sega.com/games/sonic-colors/

Shadowtalon

Apr 14, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Maybe Sonic Low Riders, or Sonic Ghost Riders of the Whip, but not Sonic Riders translated to a controller-less motion game.Permalink[/B]
Or Sonic Riders on the Storm?
Sonic Raiders of the Lost Ark?
Sonic Writers?

I like this game.

Mar 26, 2008
I never thought I'd say this but thank god it is a hover-boarding game. The thought of having to run Sonic-style to propel Sonic along was hearting my heart. If I was playing he'd barely get through the first loop in the Green Hill Zone before stopping for a 10 minute rest and pint of beer.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Sonic's current state of affairs. [http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=Zombie+sonic?#/dp720i]

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Rumor: Sega Preparing Sonic for Natal Debut

Then again, who knows, maybe Sonic Free Riders will be an amazingly fun title and will show off the true genius of Natal.

Yeah and maybe the next Sonic game won't have a buggy camera and physics model.
Maybe Koreans won't play Star Craft 2... I know i will be mmmm already addicted.
Maybe Nintendo will stop making Pokemon.