Rumor: Sony Unveiling NGP as PS Vita

Googooguru

Jan 27, 2010
Damn .. Is it a gaming System or a $50 bottle of mineral water...oh well might as well be called the PSP Vidal Sasoon for all i care.

Still think PSP DOA is a better title..

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
gigastar said:
SomethingAmazing said:
Is it is going to be buggy, universally crappier than its predecessor and have outrageous system requirements?
Are you sure you know what youre talking about there? This is about the PSP2/NGP, not the PC version of Black Ops.
It was a Windows Vista joke. It seems that I'm not the only one who noticed the far too close for comfort similarity between "Vista" and "Vita".

And beyond that, it's one failure of a name anyway. Is "Playstation Portable 2" really that hard to figure out, Sony? You already figured it out for the regular Playstations. Why would you go and give PSP2 some weird name like Vita? This is one rumor I hope ends up being bogus.

Zer0Saber

Aug 20, 2008
PSV sounds OK to me, I think the general name of a console (PS3,360,Wii,PSP,DS) needs to be 3 syllables or less to roll off the tongue.

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
Braedan said:
You know what sucks? Leaks. Fuck leaks. Companies release things when they plan on it for a reason. Why can't we just get announcement?
Or, you know, you have a shortlist of names you could name your next big product, you can't decide, so you "leak" the information, see what kind of feedback you get. People don't like the name? Good, thank god you didn't make that mess with the official announcement. :)

I don't like Vita. I got used to Kinect and Wii, but i still hate saying Windows Vista. Sounds kinda ... odd. PS Vita, now with extra almonds and antioxidants!

Fensfield

Nov 4, 2009
And the only thing I can think of is a certain small, red-haired, tsundere magical girl with a hammer >.>

Oh well, in a way, I hope they go with it. The fanart alone will be awesome >.>

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Hey look! Duel-analog sticks!!

My interest has been grabbed. I'll wait until about 6 months after release to hear about battery life and, frequency of firmware updates though before making a buying decision. I can't wait to see the launch lineup but more importantly, see what format they come on. UMD, flash cards, other disk...I can't wait for more info.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
PSV... It's a Nut... You can play. *Ding*

OT: I honestly don't care. I've always been more of a Nintendo Man myself, and I already have a 3DS and am patiently waiting for the Project Cafe.

Sep 30, 2010
gigastar said:
SomethingAmazing said:
Is it is going to be buggy, universally crappier than its predecessor and have outrageous system requirements?
Are you sure you know what youre talking about there? This is about the PSP2/NGP, not the PC version of Black Ops.
HA! that was great, I tip my hat to you sir.

Anyway, I would be cool with Vita, it may need a bit of time to grow on me, but I wouldn't mind the name.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Ugh, I'm not really liking that name, but it's sure as hell a lot better than NGP, sounds like a terrible rap song to me.

Whatever, I'm still getting it, and I will wait until E3 to find out what the name really is.

Also, leaks suck.

killamanhunter

Mar 24, 2009
LightspeedJack said:
It's not too late to change that awful name Sony. How about: PSP Jupiter? (I was looking at a poster of planets).
because naming systems after planets worked so well for SEGA *SEGA Saturn if you needed a reminder*

OT:as is with all leaks the company puts out "maybe" fabricated information to see consumer reactions and depending on the reception works out it's PR speech about said leak. And while the abbreviation is crap Vita might be a good name for a hand held

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
PSV? Hmm...
Looks like a sweet handheld. Lets see some launch titles. I'm liking the dual sticks, makes FPS and TPS games a go for the system.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010

OH GOD! (The sad thing is I still use that on my Desktop... And I don't think it is as bad as people say...)

But seriously- Why choose the name Vista? Now I'm not sure if people are going to be refuring to the biggest OS fail sense Microsoft ME- or the PSPs sucessor...

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
sounds stupid, yes, but it is way better than just being "NGP: Next Generation Portable"

Googooguru

Jan 27, 2010
So what will the Acronym be ?

PVP - PlayStation Vita Portable
PVC - PlayStation Vita Console
PVNG3DSAKPGU - Playstaion Vita ,Next Generation, 3DS Ass Kicking, Portable Gaming Unit (nah thats way to long)

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Ya know what's also a terrible Name? Wii. I mean it sounds like the euphemism for pee! A much better name is Nintendo revolution that was the name they were going with before the official release. Wait. What year is it again?