Rumor: This Is the New PS3

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Slap a $99 price tag on that sucker like they did the slim PS2 and the slim PS1 before it, and I'm sold. I always wanted a PS3, but the consoles were so expensive this gen (/especially/ the PS3) that I wound up going with a PC for my primary gaming machine. Not that I don't love PC gaming anyway, but there's something to be said for the kind of games that don't often get PC releases.
I think the slim PS2 was $149 for awhile.

3 models:

16GB (flash memory), probably $149. 250 GB, probably $199 and 500 GB, probably $249.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Golan Trevize said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Golan Trevize said:
AbstractStream said:
A slimmer PS3 model? Eh, I don't really see the point aside from it looking nice. IF this is true, of course.
It´s a cost reduced revision of the other cost reduced revision.
A Cost reduction WITHIN a Cost Reduction?
COST-CEPTION!
BWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
You wish, it´s more like how your girlfriend and or wife starts looking like her mum as years go by. :D
Except PS3 is getting skinnier instead of letting itself go with cakes and bonbons

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Unless its restoring Linux capacity, and backwards compatibility,which they wont, then... Nope!

Edit: Also... not fond of how Asymmetrical all incarnations of the PS3 look when rested horizontally.

FantomOmega

Jun 14, 2012
Golan Trevize said:
AbstractStream said:
A slimmer PS3 model? Eh, I don't really see the point aside from it looking nice. IF this is true, of course.
It´s a cost reduced revision of the other cost reduced revision.
Which could reduce the sales price sooner than later, heck if they announce a price cut in October before the Wii U launch...

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Slap a $99 price tag on that sucker like they did the slim PS2 and the slim PS1 before it, and I'm sold. I always wanted a PS3, but the consoles were so expensive this gen (/especially/ the PS3) that I wound up going with a PC for my primary gaming machine. Not that I don't love PC gaming anyway, but there's something to be said for the kind of games that don't often get PC releases.
Shit... if they do that, Ill be set...

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
If it had PS2 playback with better filtering I would get one, sadly this is not better than the 60GB launch console....

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Yes let's trust Brazil's agency of telecommunications. That seems like a good idea! Seriously, this sounds like I'm getting an e-mail from a Nigerian prince. I'll believe it when I have more then one source.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
CardinalPiggles said:
I'd say it's a hoax, Sony already released a slim, so unless this is the super slim?, I reckon it's fake.
Oh yeah, because you know Sony would never release multiple revisions of a product.

It says Playstation 3 on label, next to the big SONY, FYI.
Nothing they won't fix with a sharpie.

jedizero

Feb 26, 2009
the only reason I would give a fuck is if it was backwards compatible, and then it would only earn my ire.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Twilight_guy said:
Yes let's trust Brazil's agency of telecommunications. That seems like a good idea! Seriously, this sounds like I'm getting an e-mail from a Nigerian prince. I'll believe it when I have more then one source.
I'm confused. Is it that this news comes in part from one of the fastest developing nations of the past few years that's throwing you off, or that there's only two rumors from different places that seem to be concurring in a nod that this might be legitimate that has you skeptical? Because if it's the former, I hate to tell you friend, but Brazil and Nigeria are leagues apart in terms of technical efficiency.

faspxina

Feb 1, 2010
That's actually the new controller.
You put it on your head and dance while your brainwaves are registered and emit orders to the console, it's pretty intuitive.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I went thru 3 xbox360's in a month and half. I raised a big enough stink to get a full refund bought a ps3 never looked back. Sure glad I got the first run of ps3's sure they were expensive but it has all the gizmos as advertised. I put in a 700gb hd and I haven't had any problems ever.
Seems like all the newer versions have less and less features.

It's probably the thrown together bootleg ps3 they sell in the black markets of brazil/nigera.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Sony Exec: Leak images of the new slim PS3, then deny there is a new slim PS3.

Thought of that LRR Microsoft skit they did a couple of months back.

Johnson McGee

Nov 16, 2009
I would ask why they would release a slim ps3 while the ps4 is upcoming in the medium term but that is exactly what happened with the ps2 slim...

Prof.Beany

Apr 22, 2011
Depending on the price point in comparison to the current slims this might be a pick-up for me. Of course thats only because my last PS3 died (40Gb fat model) and the repair costs are ludicrous (unless theyve recently come down at all).

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Tyra1337 said:
Hey man, just a heads up. writing this much in a post will give you a warning for low content. Maybe write something that contributes to the topic?

Imthatguy

Sep 11, 2009
FOOLS! Little do you know All electronics are powered by pipe cleaners and cheap injection-molded plastics.

captcha: brand spanking new