Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
doggie015 said:
DVS BSTrD said:
JediMB said:
The big question is... what features are they removing this time? :p
Silly Jedi you know they won't remove features until they've already advertised them.
They'll probably remove hardware support for the OtherOS feature and they might even remove the free PSN network access. The PS3 still sold well after removing it's main feature so let's see what happens when the next main feature is removed!
The PS3's main feature is to play PS3 games.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
This might be what it takes to make me pick up a PS3. Not one of the new models, mind. But the price of the current model would no doubt go down under AUD $300 and then I'll nab it. Then I can play... um... I dunno, Uncharted? I'm mostly just getting it to spite my Xbox 360 and Wii sitting in the same room, if I'll be frank.

There are a few PS3 exclusives I'm interested in, just not off the top of my head. That's not a good sign, is it.

J Tyran said:
PS3, now with 100% added fugly.
The original model with the Spider-Man font wasn't exactly a looker, either... ol' George Foreman grill and all that.

ScruffyMcBalls

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah, I agree with the general consensus forming that it ain't pretty. Still think I could design a better looking console.
It does make me intrigued that the older models might come down in price now though...

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
JediMB said:
The big question is... what features are they removing this time? :p
"Ya, after we removed the ability for four people to play and all backwards compatability entirely, we also decided that, since the majority of people playing on a PS3 are going to be playing games like CoD and Battlefield, we designed the PS3 specifically so that it would only play games that were immensely popular and had Multiplayer compatability. To make sure this worked, we tried Mass Effect 2 on it and, lo and behold, the PS3 incinerated the copy the minute we put it inside. We are now completely confident in this machine's success."

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
CardinalPiggles said:
loa said:
Who is this for?
Unless it can play ps2 games, who cares?
Anyone who has just recently had a PS3 break on them, and has yet to get a replacement?
Yeah, I have a few older consoles with backups. This might be nice if I can stick my old HDD into it and it's cheaper.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
faspxina said:
That's actually the new controller.
You put it on your head and dance while your brainwaves are registered and emit orders to the console, it's pretty intuitive.

Still better than Kinect XD

Owyn_Merrilin said:
Consoles were so expensive this gen that I wound up going with a PC for my primary gaming machine

WUT?
CardinalPiggles said:
loa said:
Who is this for?
Unless it can play ps2 games, who cares?
Anyone who has just recently had a PS3 break on them, and has yet to get a replacement?
Or wants to get one at the end of the console generation? Like what Microsoft is doing with the $99 X360?

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
ResonanceSD said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Consoles were so expensive this gen that I wound up going with a PC for my primary gaming machine

WUT?
Pretty simple. I needed a new computer for school anyway. It wasn't too hard to add $100 or so to the cost of a base model and get something that would work for gaming. $600 for a launch PS3, or $250 + a monthly fee for a 360, on the other hand...

lostlevel

Nov 6, 2008
For Sony's sake I hope its fake as it looks hideous, with each successive console they punish any potential latecomers with a worse console each time.

Starting to wish I'd got a PS3 at launch and been done with it rather than having gone through 3 ring of deaths.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Owyn_Merrilin said:
ResonanceSD said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:

WUT?
Pretty simple. I needed a new computer for school anyway. It wasn't too hard to add $100 or so to the cost of a base model and get something that would work for gaming. $600 for a launch PS3, or $250 + a monthly fee for a 360, on the other hand...
what kind of specs do you end up with?

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
Depending on the price, I might get it just to play the PS3 exclusives now at a lower price. InFamous, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, Motorstorm... Waiting 5 years might just pay off.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
ResonanceSD said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
ResonanceSD said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:

WUT?
what kind of specs do you end up with?
Pretty low end by gaming standards (the primary goal was a laptop I could take notes on in class, which limited my options), but high enough that it can run pretty much anything released prior to 2008, and plenty of stuff released since. There's still new games coming out with low enough specs for me to run, thanks to the extended console cycle, which has driven the specs way down on multiplatform games.

If a desktop had been an option, I'd probably still be running everything on high.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
So no one is noticing how the power plugin is smaller and as such the power supply would be less powerful and as suck this is obviously not a PS3.
Good night.

Jodan

Mar 18, 2009
hey if i can play ps2 and ps3 games on it im cool with it. dont even care about the ethstetics, as long as it works. i can put a box over and ugly ps3 not an ugly cat

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Golan Trevize said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Golan Trevize said:
AbstractStream said:
A slimmer PS3 model? Eh, I don't really see the point aside from it looking nice. IF this is true, of course.
It´s a cost reduced revision of the other cost reduced revision.
A Cost reduction WITHIN a Cost Reduction?
COST-CEPTION!
BWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
You wish, it´s more like how your girlfriend and or wife starts looking like her mum as years go by. :D
Hey! There are some girls on here! And I look nothing like my mother....... she's a migget!

OT if this is a new cheaper PS3 I can tell me mate who's always wanted, but couldn't afford

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
It is ugly as heck, so that seems to be about rigth for a PS3. (Not a statement about the quality of it's games ^_^)

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Looks kinda weird to be honest but taking up less space is a bonus for most people, I'm happy enough with my regular slim but if you haven't picked up a PS3 so far, why not this one.