Rumor: Wii U CPU Twice as Beefy As Xbox 360

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
It disappoints me that there are still some console players who will bash the Wii for being 'under powered'. I bet you if I started talking about PCs here, I would be called an elitist. Get over it. The Wii did what it was meant to do, and that was not run the normal home titles. Any console player has no right to complain about hardware being underpowered, unless they completely accept it when someone else bags their console for the same thing.
I agree with the majority of users in this thread however that twice as powerful as a 360 isn't exactly good in 2012. In 2007 maybe, but 2012, nope. I wonder what the WiiU will turn out as on the whole though. Will be somewhat interesting to see just which path it takes.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
In my mind the best thing Nintendo can do this generation, is use it's massive user base of the wii and ds and just royally jack up the price on them.

Go all out make the full 5-600 dollar console, Let it be in the race with everyone else and they can come out on top on this. Ditch the retarded nanny stance opting for parental controls, so that oh I dunno, they can get all the multi platform games onto their console with out devs going, pffft way too weak to run this here have angry birds you should be able to run that.

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
DanDeFool said:
Commercial success =/= Good console.
True, I remember a few good consoles that failed horribly commercially.

The Neo-Geo AES & Sega Dreamcast as prime examples

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
I see anything Wii related, especially Wii U and I'll I think is "Who cares?". Of course there are people that care, but I certainly don't.

Bomberman4000

Jun 23, 2010
Why are people putting so much focus on it being compared to the 360 or the PS3? It's not like there's anything more recent to compare it to. Cut Nintendo some slack guys, damn.

To me, graphics are not the most important thing in games. I still fire up several N64 games a few times a week because the games are damn fun. And let's be real here, the only way graphics are going to get much better at this point is if they figure out how to actually film real people as the characters and have us controlling movies.

I guess my point is, I don't own a Wii because I found a majority of the games to not be that fun not because of graphical issues. There were a few gems for me but not enough to garner me owning a console for them. Make the games fun. Ultimately that is what will win a "console war" (I feel ridiculous even typing that). It's been like that since, well, ever. The system with better games will survive.

Also, this is one person's ESTIMATION of what the WiiU will be able to do. Stories like this don't do much besides rile people up about something that's not officially been disclosed yet.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Even if the Wii U ends up more powerful as the PS4, xbox 720, or the latest, most powerful PC, it doesn't alter the fact all we're getting are more Marios, Zeldas, Pokemons, Metriods, Smash Bros, etc, so even caring about how powerful the console is just seems kinda pointless.

crimsonshrouds

Mar 23, 2009
I dont care if the wiiu dispences milk and cookies and gives bjs. Unless nintendo can start bringing out games that are good and dont require gimmicks, im just never going to care.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
And how much more powerful are modern gaming PCs than any console to ever hit the market?
And how old is the Xbox 360?
Does nintindo still think we're fighting in the bit wars?

DarthSka

Mar 28, 2011
Next Xbox is this powerful, Wii U is this powerful, blah, blah, blah. As long as there are fun games like there were on their predecessors, I'm game.

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
Rumor: The XBox 360 is the computational equivalent of a toaster.
Rumor: It doesn't matter because if the wii was any indication nintendo isn't going to be able to pull 3rd party support for shit, and their games are almost entirely devoid of textures.
Wait, neither of those are rumors.

noble cookie

Aug 6, 2010
GreatTeacherCAW said:
Twice as powerful as a system that came out in 2005? Color me completely unimpressed.
Exactly my thoughts, this is hardly suprising news.

It's still going to be less powerful than the next Xbox and Playstation.

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
Nalgas D. Lemur said:
Greg Tito said:
This quote is just heresy and rumor
Heresy? Really? Your articles have been full of weird things like that lately. Have you started writing/speaking them into Dragon, or are they being auto-corrected by your iDevice or something? Heh.
BUUUUUURRRRNN THE HERETIC!!!!!

OT: I hope it has better third party support then the wii, that's what worries me most.

Cyrus Hanley

Oct 13, 2010
Forget about whether or not the Wii U is more powerful than a Xbox 360. The REAL question is...

[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/willitblend.jpg/]

devilmore

Nov 18, 2009
GreatTeacherCAW said:
Twice as powerful as a system that came out in 2005? Color me completely unimpressed.
^That.
It's completely pathetic how Nintendo is so proud of the WiiU being more powerful than last generation's competitors. How about you compare your current Gen console to current Gen Hardware? Last time I checked "twice the power of the Xbox360" was about the equivalent of 3 Cellphones.
If the rumors about the Xbox 720 (AMD 6xxxCard) prove to be true, even THAT one won't be able to compare to CURRENT PCs. Let alone the weaker WiiU.

Too little too late.

Alone Disciple

Jun 10, 2008
I don't care if it 3x better than a 360, if developers continue to make 85% shovelware crap for the system, I'm still not getting it.

Other than the small, very small, catalog of AAA titles for the Wii, I'm very disapointed in it after owning one for almost three years now.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I just can't believe they're going with Xbox 720 - in a world obsessed with HD, surely you go for 1080 or nothing - especially as a mere name doesn't serve as a legal guarantee everything will run at 1080. :D

As for the Wii U, try to take the console seriously after this.