Rumour: Left 4 Dead 2 at E3?

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Khazoth said:
You're a smart cookie, I don't own it. I returned it to buy Saints Row 2, a much better game.

I did play it, however. I was stupid enough to pay 50 dollars for it.

I even downloaded the survival mode.
You can't return games with Steamworks on...

I think....

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
oliveira8 said:
Khazoth said:
You're a smart cookie, I don't own it. I returned it to buy Saints Row 2, a much better game.

I think....
I'll be honest, I had to Wikipedia this to find out what the hell you were talking about.

Regardless, Gamestop took the game.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Khazoth said:
oliveira8 said:
Khazoth said:

I think....
I'll be honest, I had to Wikipedia this to find out what the hell you were talking about.

Thats weird...Retail shops usually don't refund games cause of the DRM.

Also if you payed $50 for it means that you bought somewhere around the time of release and March, before the price cut.

And the DLC only came in 21st of April so how did you exactly did return a game with full blown DRM after the DLC came out?

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
Still got no idea what you're talking about, but gamestop took it without asking me any questions.

Edit: Isn't Steam only for PC?

Nisara

Apr 15, 2009
gRiM_rEaPeRsco said:
i want valve to release Half-life 2: episode 3 before they do anything else
There won't be a Half Life: Episode 3 as far as I know. The way Episode 2 ended was more of a teaser of a Half Life 3 rather than a new episode. All spoilers aside, it was pretty damn climactic.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Khazoth said:
Still got no idea what you're talking about, but gamestop took it without asking me any questions.

Edit: Isn't Steam only for PC?
Ooooh. 360 version right...nevermind then.

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
I knew something was screwed up, regardless I remember that day well.

They took back my Guitar Hero Guitar, Guitar Hero 2 and 3, and Left 4 Dead.

..Then I bought Crackdown, Saints Row 2, and placed a preorder for Prototype.

Gamestop <3

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
I still think they should make a 2 Player version called Left 2 Rot.

But that could be DLC as well. I highly doubt they're releasing a sequel.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Khazoth said:
Left 4 Dead sucks, pay fifty dollars for a DLC worth of content? No thanks.

Why do you want a sequel?
left 4 dead does the reverse of sucking. you do not understand how awesome the AI director is. makes 4 campaigns into at least 400 hours of gameplay.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Nisara said:
gRiM_rEaPeRsco said:
i want valve to release Half-life 2: episode 3 before they do anything else
There won't be a Half Life: Episode 3 as far as I know. The way Episode 2 ended was more of a teaser of a Half Life 3 rather than a new episode. All spoilers aside, it was pretty damn climactic.
valve has made the HL2 episodes to be a trilogy. do you think they will just say "fuck it" and make a new game?

Reversed Insanity

Jun 4, 2008
Khazoth said:
scotth266 said:
Khazoth said:

This, I will call you out for. You get as much out of L4D as you're willing to put into it. Sure, there are only four acts, but they never play the same way, so it feels unique every time.

Considering this will likely be the announcement of even MORE levels, I'm happy. This game will likely get the TF2 treatment: extra content added over time. Survival Mode is a example of this.
Survival Mode in any game is boring. You sit in one location and fight the same enemies over and over until you die. In Left 4 Dead you play the same four campaigns over and over and the kicker is sometimes the enemies spawn in different places. Ooooh, thats TOTALLY worth fifty dollars.
My flatmate seems to think the same thing about 'that stupid game' as he calls it. Thing is infected, setting and gameplay aside running the same maps over and over again is not much different than a game of football (i'm a brit). Same pitch each time just different outcomes from the different players. And people can pay hundreds to support their team.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
Ollie596 said:
Could be intresting but I rather see a expansion with new survivors and locations, rather a whole new game.
I'm still praying for a gas masked government guy :D

And yes its probably just dlc

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Reversed Insanity said:
Khazoth said:
scotth266 said:
Khazoth said:

This, I will call you out for. You get as much out of L4D as you're willing to put into it. Sure, there are only four acts, but they never play the same way, so it feels unique every time.

Considering this will likely be the announcement of even MORE levels, I'm happy. This game will likely get the TF2 treatment: extra content added over time. Survival Mode is a example of this.
Survival Mode in any game is boring. You sit in one location and fight the same enemies over and over until you die. In Left 4 Dead you play the same four campaigns over and over and the kicker is sometimes the enemies spawn in different places. Ooooh, thats TOTALLY worth fifty dollars.
My flatmate seems to think the same thing about 'that stupid game' as he calls it. Thing is infected, setting and gameplay aside running the same maps over and over again is not much different than a game of football (i'm a brit). Same pitch each time just different outcomes from the different players. And people can pay hundreds to support their team.
Horses for Courses I s'pose.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Khazoth said:

I just got my hard copy from Amazon for $25 a few weeks ago. Still a little much, but I don't regret it at all. $50 IS out of the question.

DM.

Mar 27, 2009
By the information they are saying if you just remove "Left 4 Dead 2" Then it looks alot more like DLC.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Khazoth said:
oliveira8 said:
Khazoth said:

I think....

In which case they broke policy (not sure who does the policy though, Steam or Valve, or their own). Here in the UK I tried to sell L4D (PC copy) to Gamestation, since it lags too much on my PC so I haven't been able to play it, then I would have bought it again on Xbox 360 instead. However, they said they couldn't take it as it had already been activated on Steam when I first tried and failed to play it. You can't sell Steam activated games because they can only be activated once, though that activation stays present for as long as the account exists on Steam. Hence if Gamestop took it from you then they're idiots because they won't be able to resell it (I'd imagine they'll still try though, douches that they are).