Run All Night - Keep Running, Neeson

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Run All Night - Keep Running, Neeson

Another generic Liam Neeson action-thriller. How can one not be taken for a walk among the tombstones by the non-stop onslaught of them?

Read Full Article

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
And just when I was done with seeing Movie reviews on this website, it keeps pulling me back in....

On the other hand I haven't seen any of the Taken movies & might see this tomorrow.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
I now have Get Lucky stuck in my head and I'm trying to make it fit with the film

Will update when I get it

Good review though! Who came up with the name? :p

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
PAID GIG! Way to go, bro!

It's going to be weird seeing star ratings on your reviews now. xD

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010

Seriously though, congrats Marter :D

As for the movie itself, as bang average as it sounds, I'll probably end up watching it if and when it hits Netflix. Lord knows I'm a sucker for Action Neeson.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Thanks for the read Mr Marter - and congratulations again. I don't know if I'd even heard of this one before the review, or if it was just so generic I failed to register.

Edit:

Whaat? Everyone else is doing it. D:

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014

I'm just going to continue the trend while also saying I'm proud of you. Good read. Here's hoping you only get bigger and better.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Caramel Frappe said:
.. I- I don't .. what? Why are the Staff Members and a random dude with one post overall doing this to Marter??
Here's a better question: Will they get warnings?

Each of them has posted only a single picture or quote with no text of any kind. This is against posting rules.

It'd be a bit like the judge judging himself. It's like the Inception of forum etiquette...[footnote]Yes, I'm being "that guy". >:p[/footnote]

O.T.

Great review. Can't really say it's a surprising review, as all of your sticking points were ones I presumed I'd have with the film, but a great review nonetheless.

Glad to see movie reviews will be sticking around the site, in an official capacity.

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
Great job! For once, I was able to get an insightful review of a movie that focuses on the actual movie and not taking the review as an opportunity to call half the people reading (or watching) evil because they happen to disagree with the reviewer's politics. Keep it up, Mr. Marter. One review in, and you're already doing a better job than Moviebob ever did.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Vigormortis said:
Caramel Frappe said:
.. I- I don't .. what? Why are the Staff Members and a random dude with one post overall doing this to Marter??
Here's a better question: Will they get warnings?

Each of them has posted only a single picture or quote with no text of any kind. This is against posting rules.

It'd be a bit like the judge judging himself. This could be interesting...
Eh, in certain contexts, flagrantly abandoning the posting rules <link=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.297629-HEY-Who-wants-to-play-bubble-breaker>has <link=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.857393-Escapist-Illuminati>gone <link=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.380059-dont-read>swimmingly.

Oh, and...

http://cdn.snowboards.net/docs/wp-content/uploads//2011/11/Shaun-White-sell-out.gif

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Caramel Frappe said:
Look what you did. LOOK at what you did. Here, this is for you now Vig.
Hope you're satisfied by being 'that guy' :p
Yes....YES!!! IT'S HAPPENING!

I was only kidding! It's not my fault!

Jux

Hmm
Sep 2, 2012
Andy Shandy said:
I must confess, the only Action Neeson films I've seen to date are Taken 1 & 2. While I enjoyed the first, as much as the 'father knows best' stuff made me roll my eyes, the second was entirely forgettable. Good luck with the new gig Marter!

Aerotrain

Sep 7, 2014
>In 20 years, nobody is going to be able to remember if Run All Night was another entry in the Taken franchise
I get the feeling they were kind of hoping people wouldn't be able to distinguish even now.

Also, this is an hilarious thread. We're off to a good start.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States

Great article Marter, glad to see someone around here doing something with their life. :p

Still, congrats man.

I do blame Andy for this though. XD

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I was really excited at the prospect of Ed Harris as the villain. What a shame they didn't capitalize on it.

*insert sell out picture here I guess*

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j396/AndrewCMills/allthesellout_zpspr38drhi.gif

Because... because.

(All credit/blame goes to Andy Shandy for this.)

(We all <3 you, Marter.)