Run Forrest Run

Dec 14, 2009
Eh, it's alright. 10/10 - IGN

If there's money to be made off of controversy, you can bet your arse someone's gonna do it.

Pipeline

May 5, 2013
Daystar Clarion said:
SacremPyrobolum said:
What's so controversial about this?
Really?

For the same way this is controversial.

[ video snip ]
It lacks a very distinct amount of tastefulness.
I don't get what the first or third games are supposed to be referencing. Could you explain?

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
There might as well be a Forrest Gump MOBA while we're at it.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I don't think there's a facepalm meme big enough to cover this one, but I'll try...

*prays to Google*

This is the best I've got:

Dec 14, 2009
Pipeline said:
Daystar Clarion said:
SacremPyrobolum said:
Really?

[ video snip ]
I don't get what the first or third games are supposed to be referencing. Could you explain?
The first game is based off the movie Forrest Gump, a movie about a mentally handicapped man. The third is a movie based on the Rwandan Genocide of the 90s.

Pipeline

May 5, 2013
Daystar Clarion said:
Pipeline said:
Daystar Clarion said:
SacremPyrobolum said:
Really?

[ video snip ]
The first game is based off the movie Forrest Gump, a movie about a mentally handicapped man. The third is a movie based on the Rwandan Genocide of the 90s.
I see, thank you. Yeah, I can understand why that would be controversial.

Haru17

Mar 1, 2014
So Forrest Gump as an infinite runner, 911 as a flappy bird clone, and Hotel Rwanda as a tower defense? Clever, horrible and clever; just the way I like it.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010

So it's a shitty Subway Surfers rip-off, except offensive and insensitive? Is there a level that Hollywood execs won't stoop to? I didn't even think it was possible to have this little shame and self-awareness.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Hazy992 said:

So it's a shitty Subway Surfers rip-off, except offensive and insensitive? Is there a level that Hollywood execs won't stoop to? I didn't even think it was possible to have this little shame and self-awareness.
Hi! I see you're new around here. This is a planet we like to call Earth. If you look to your right, you'll see the human race. Please don't stare at them; they are fiercely territorial and will perceive it as a challenge. They'll throw poop at you.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I'm more confused by this game existing than anything.
Why did they think this would be a good idea? No, rather, that this would sell?

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Lieju said:
I imagine it will sell, because I've met plenty of people who would find the idea hilarious. The fact that it's off-colour will be what sells it.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
If there is a Vietnam level I am going to buy the shit out of this and give it a 5 star review...

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I'm still waiting for them to release Schindler's "Herr Direktor" simulator, it's a factory sim where... you know what, I don't even feel like joking right now, I don't care. I'll leave it up to other peeps to determine whether it's offensive or to serious a film to make crappy little apps for as it's been a while since i've seen the film and I can't remember a lot of it.

The game looks crappy though.

Grape_Nuts

Mar 23, 2011
Lieju said:
Of course it would sell. Look around you. Controversy sells.