"S**t just got real" moments

Bovver

Jul 31, 2008
Mass effect 1 what happens to Nihilus.
and on Left 4 Dead Zoe and Francis were both dead, the horde was on its way then Louis...

gave me his pills.

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
"Hellwarping" in act 3 of Survival Crisis Z. THAT is farked up.

Also, any of yahtzees games. whenever someone dies, ITS EPIC.

In particular, 1213. O'hagan's death. sad. westbury's? almost as much. planet earth's? sad and unexpected. but the last 2 dont count since its at the end.

That is the first time i figured out how to /spoiler something! Yay me!

Vacancie

Mar 27, 2009
Fable 2

Your dog dies.

Mario
When you find out the princess is in another castle.

IHateDaManSkirt

Nov 21, 2009
In Battlefield: Bad Company 2, when Sweetwater says "...spec-ops douchebags with heartbeat monitors on their guns...", I was all like "Shit just got real!"

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
In Modern Warfare 2 when MacTavish is doing anything.
In Okami when the Empress is killed by Ninetails.
In Fallout 3 when Liam Neeson dies.

slowpoke999

Sep 17, 2009
Bovver said:
Mass effect 1 what happens to Nihilus.
and on Left 4 Dead Zoe and Francis were both dead, the horde was on its way then Louis...

gave me his pills.
Louis...

gave me his pills.

Guess mine was on Ratchet and Clank up your Arsenal, they invade the god damn ship you've been hanging out on the entire game, furry muthafucka aint gonna take that

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
In God of War just about every time a boss shows up, but especially when you confront Ares at the end. That's also the point where the game's difficulty "gets real."

Another good moment is the Dante and Vergil fight at the end of Devil May Cry 3.

51gunner

Jun 12, 2008
Battlefield Bad Company 2, oddly enough in multiplayer. (Playing Rush)

My squad and I were holding one of the last stations between our team and defeat, but the attackers were almost out of tickets (respawns, for those unfamiliar. If the attackers run out, they lose). We'd been playing pretty solid for a while, and for a team of randoms we'd been communicating and stuff pretty well, but it just hit the fan.

An RPG roars in and blows out the wall I'm taking cover behind as a medic, distorting my hearing and taking out a squad member. I revive him, and start taking sniper fire. I mark the engineer lobbing rockets, and the sniper near him, and the sniper in my squad wastes them both.

That's a typical ten-second excerpt from about three minutes of flat-out insane fighting to hold the station. DAMN do I love that game when I have a good squad.

radio1314

Sep 24, 2009
GTA IV: When your GF gets shot at the end.

Portal: Going into the room of fire.

Any moment in L4D1 or L4D2 when someone on your team becomes a tank.

Borderlands: Getting a better gun.

MW2 multiplayer: Hearing the beeping sound of the Nuke.

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
Vacancie said:
Mario
When you find out the princess is in another castle.
The first time that ever happened... I think that was the first time I ever experienced the feeling of being ripped-off.

DeleteThisPlease

Mar 26, 2010
The first time you faced a tank with other new players on the first release day of Left 4 Dead.

'S*** just got real.'

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Wakizashi74 said:
In Saints Row 2 when...

Carlos died. The game took a very serious turn. That cutscene where Carlos is shot was actually pretty hard to watch.
im not trying to be mean, but i saw this comming, when i was playing the other missions, i dident see him helping out, so i knew he was going to die.

OT:
FF8: when rinoa was being controled, sence she is my favorite final fantasy female, i continued to try to stop her, but i was being pushed back every time.

FF9: when Garnet's "mom" died

FF10: ITS ALL A DREAM!

Generator

May 8, 2009
I agree with the Borderlands one; I was out for blood when I saw that.

Also:

In Daxter, when that bastard killed Tik. I might have ripped his head off right there! (Even though I think Tik really only showed up one time before that in the game, when you very first met him.)

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
z(ombie)fan said:
"Hellwarping" in act 3 of Survival Crisis Z. THAT is farked up.

Also, any of yahtzees games. whenever someone dies, ITS EPIC.

In particular, 1213. O'hagan's death. sad. westbury's? almost as much. planet earth's? sad and unexpected. but the last 2 dont count since its at the end.

That is the first time i figured out how to /spoiler something! Yay me!
Play his 5 Days a Stranger series, pretty much, as soon as the first death is found, you WILL go 'S**t just got real'.

Also, that certain part in Portal, involving you, an item, and some fire. :(
On the topic of Valve, RIP Robert Culp.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
Losing any survivors in Left 4 Dead.
Russia declaring war on the USA in Hearts of Iron.
Nukes getting launched in Rise of Nations.
Arroyo getting destroyed in Fallout 2.
(Actually, that pissed me off more than anything. And then you find another GECK in the Oil Rig?! WHAT THE FUCK.)

51gunner said:
Battlefield Bad Company 2, oddly enough in multiplayer. (Playing Rush)

My squad and I were holding one of the last stations between our team and defeat, but the attackers were almost out of tickets (respawns, for those unfamiliar. If the attackers run out, they lose). We'd been playing pretty solid for a while, and for a team of randoms we'd been communicating and stuff pretty well, but it just hit the fan.

An RPG roars in and blows out the wall I'm taking cover behind as a medic, distorting my hearing and taking out a squad member. I revive him, and start taking sniper fire. I mark the engineer lobbing rockets, and the sniper near him, and the sniper in my squad wastes them both.

That's a typical ten-second excerpt from about three minutes of flat-out insane fighting to hold the station. DAMN do I love that game when I have a good squad.
I know what you mean! Being a medic is probably the best class for defending - running around the battlefield, reviving your squad amidst a hail of gunfire and mortar shells. And then when you think all is well, bam. A tank crashes through your frontline and the defecation hits the oscillation big time.