"S**t just got real" moments

Thoric485

Aug 17, 2008
When you go to that haunted hotel, pass through a washroom, read in a newspaper in the next room about a baby's head being found in the washroom and having to pass through the washroom again. Fuck.

Koganesaga

Feb 11, 2010
Area 51 on the original xbox, all of your remaining squad-mates die in front of you except the one that turns and you have to kill. That feeling of loneliness in the fact that you're the last living thing surrounded by darkness which is filled with things that want to kill you, simply terrifying.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
In Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines when bloodhunt gets called on your head that's when I felt like the shit hit the fan. Time to dust off that wooden stake of yours and get you some good ol' fashioned revenge.

WINDOWCLEAN2

Jan 12, 2009
For me its The two moments in Gears 2 when:

No.1 - Marcus's Tribal friend kills himself from going insane.

AND

No.2 - Dom being forced to mercy kill his wife after freeing her.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
A recent one:

When BioWare unveiled their "Epic Community Event" (BioWare Bazaar) and it turns out that this epic event is only available to a fraction of their community.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
For me, in Ace Combat 6 when
Strigon Leader goes on his suicide mission against you, on Ace difficulty
completely different ballgame, let me tell you what D8

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
CokeColaForTheWIn said:
In any battlefield game, when buildings and explosions are going off all around you your mates are getting blown away by missle laucnhers and blood is on your screen. Its just epic.
Battlefield games have come the closest to mimicking the feeling of true battle confusion.

The smoke and gunfire of all directions only aids this.

Yumi_and_Erea

Nov 11, 2009
Serious Sam.

Right around the time the 180-foot tall, four-armed, nigh-onto-God, cybernetically enhanced sorcerer-giant showed up.

xDHxD148L0

The Dissapointed Gamer
Apr 16, 2009
The Hairminator said:
In MW2, when Shepherd shot both Roach and Ghost in the same cutscene, poured gas over them and lit them up with his cigar. I got a tear in the corner of my eye, and it was a real "Shit just got real" moment.
This, and some of the God of War boss battles.

DeleteThisPlease

Mar 26, 2010
In Fire Emblem (for the GBA) when you reach the final battle and you get into combat with a dragon.

Also, when you get to ride a Brumak in Gears of War 2. Crowning Moment of Funny and Awesome. "WE'RE RIDING A BRUMAK!"

Classic.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
When you duel logain, and you have to do it by yourself. 2) when you free your cousin in the City elf origins.

Noobstick

Mar 28, 2010
In Freespace 2, when the Colossus shows up (huge-ass image spoilered for your viewing convenience)

Of course, the über-ship that's at least 5 times bigger and better armed than everything else we got to see that far into the game only lasts us like a half dozen missions, but its sudden appearance and the can of whoopass it proceeded to unleash on the enemy cruiser was awesome beyond words.

Oh yeah.
EDIT: Damnit, now I need to go play this game again. Where did I put my joystick?

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
In MW2, the part where Makarov shoots u in the head, and the Russian retaliation.
Also, where Price launches the nuke, that was entertaining.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Mass Effect 2, when
you come back after your crew gets abducted by the collectors.
Less of a "shit just got real", and more of a "you just fucked with the wrong person, buddy."

Joe Deadman

Jan 9, 2010
Monicro1 said:
When Winston died. Damn that was depressing
He doesn't die isn't he the guy who gets wounded? At shorepoint?
Your either thinking of
Laszlo ("the finest mind of his generation")
or
Eli
which I think I will take as mine which is odd as its at the end of the game rather than during.