Sackboy Does Plants vs. Zombies To a Tee

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Sackboy Does Plants vs. Zombies To a Tee

The LittleBigPlanet 2 version of Plants vs. Zombies is so similar to the actual version, it's scary.

Plants vs. Zombies [http://www.amazon.com/LittleBigPlanet-2-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0K780/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298765545&sr=8-1] right down to the traffic cone helmets.

If you've played Plants vs. Zombies, there's really no learning curve for Foggles's Plants vs. Zombots. Sun falls from the sky, and is emitted from sunflowers at regular intervals. Peashooters are used to take down the zombies... I mean zombots. The game even has wallnuts, which the zombots stop to chomp on.

Foggles also inserted sound effects and music that are just like the real thing. He's only created this one tribute level so far.

While cool and all, the question remains: Why play Plants vs. Zombots when you can play Plants vs. Zombies? I'm not sure, but Plants vs. Zombots is still a marvelous piece of work.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/25/plants-vs-zombots-a-littlebigplanet-2-re-creation/]

jakefongloo

Aug 17, 2008
Wow i didn't realise little big planet was so complex in it's creation tools. Or is this extra? Like a mod or something?

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
thefreeman0001 said:
how long before this gets taken down from the lpb2 servers due to copyright infringement?
That's exactly what I was thinking. Still cool though.

Natdaprat

Sep 10, 2009
I bought LPB2 and my friends laughed at me. Who's laughing now?! I essentially bought every game ever made.

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
I've never played LBP2 so I don't know how the creativity tool works but this is AMAZING. I can't believe how accurate everything was like the plants, the zombies and the gameplay. Hell, even the music was dead on. I also hope nobody is going to take it down because it looks like hours of effort were put into that.

Ozzythecat

Jul 12, 2010
That's pretty cool, I just wonder "why bother?", that must have been a fair share of work to make even if it's just one level.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Natdaprat said:
I bought LPB2 and my friends laughed at me. Who's laughing now?! I essentially bought every game ever made.
They laughed at you for that? Fuck them, Littlebigplanet is awesome :D

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Great job, but other than to have people say "great job" I don't see much point. Excellent tribute to PopCap though.

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
Well thats just insane.. That seems like a perfect replica of the real thing..
But my first thought was "somebody is gonna get sued for this"

Amazed by the stuff you can do in LBP2.. Have the first one, not tried this...

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
jakefongloo said:
Wow i didn't realise little big planet was so complex in it's creation tools. Or is this extra? Like a mod or something?
No, I think it was a major selling point of the game that the level designer was so clever that you could create all kinds of games on it.

milhouse46

Oct 17, 2007
This article just made me try it. It was awesome! I definitely want more!

And yeah, for those that never tried LBP2, its creation engine is crazy. Knowing how complex it can be, I appreciate the effort when I see cool levels even more!

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Natdaprat said:
I'd laugh at you for buying LittlePigBlanet, too. When LittleBigPlanet 2 is out!

...your typos, my pleasure. Oorah.

Natdaprat

Sep 10, 2009
Andy of Comix Inc said:
Natdaprat said:
I'd laugh at you for buying LittlePigBlanet, too. When LittleBigPlanet 2 is out!

...your typos, my pleasure. Oorah.
I saw your ninja edit ;)