Saints Row 3: What do you want to see?

Dane Tesston

Jul 27, 2010
Hello, Escapist! My very first thread, so I thought I'd try something simple.

Exactly what it says on the tin, ladies and gents. What is your ideal gameplay, features, what have you for Saints Row 3.

On the whole, I'm satisfied with how the game is now, though I do have some specifics I'd like to see in the next one.

-Bring back the Kenada, the bike your rewarded for defeating the Ronin, and the Pulse, the bike from the Ultor Exposed DLC pack, but make them customizable like the other bikes. Specifically, I really want the Kenada's neon accents as an option, both for the bike and as an add-on to other vehicles. I think it looks really cool, and even though I actually like yellow, not being able to change it bugs me some what.

-Make things like skateboards and rollerskate useable. Nothing too important, and I could live without it, but it'd just be a cool little detail.

-More options for dealing with rival gangs. Sure outright destroying them is fun, but why not form a truce and work with them, or steal members of their gang and add them to yours. Theres a whole spectrum of ideas that could make this work.

-Deal with Troy. I enjoy a good, solid story, and the loose end that is the Stillwater police cheif is driving me nuts. Kill him, redeem him, just do something.

-Better gang customization. Whats there now is kind of cool, but it feels lacking. I'd like to pimp out indiviual members.

-Cover system. In a game where bullets will fly at any given moment, this just seems natural, no?

So, heres what I want but may never get. How about you?

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
fighter jets, a bigger map and gun customisation will be quite good. also, safe robbing from the first game and investing in businesses should be better.

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
More realistic car handeling, the cars felt too clunky when I played it.
Also we need a trebuchet, it just feels so right in the SR world.

The Fork of Truth

Aug 10, 2009
More of the same, but better and more of it, if that makes sense.

Specifics:

1. The Cockney voice has to return.

2. Seaplanes, unless they're already in there, which I don't think they are.

3. Dex, but that's a given.

4. Agreed on better gang customization.

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
A massive overhaul on character graphics, and thats it. Judging from the sheer level of lunacy you got from the second compared to the first, the next one will be released from a mental aslyum.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
If they make a PC port again, they should make it work properly this time.

Pielikey

Jul 31, 2009
A decent goddamn port to PC. AT LEAST THAT. Also, stabler coop that doesn't lag on a LAN Connection. Basically all I want is for them to fix what should of been fixed in the original game.

Besides that, maybe 4-player coop.

mubobi7593

Nov 26, 2009
A not-retarded run animation. Seriously. But aside from that, just let the designers go ape-shit and make it the most ridiculous sandbox evar.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
I was pretty happy with the overall experience, but could do with a wider variety of mini games, or having some better effect to controlling a neighbourhood. Also, get rid of crib customization, you barely spend any time in your apartments anyhow!

I like the suggestion of skateboards, customizing the unique vehicles, etc

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
I want to get Julius back as a full character, I miss Keith David's bad ass voice over.

Customizable weapons is a must, I mean how can you call yourself gangster is you can't have gold plated guns?

Destructible environments would be nice, I mean Volition did it pretty well in Red Faction Guerilla, so why not Saints Row?

More insanity, I know that insanity is sorta the hallmark of Saints Row but I want 3 to be so balls out crazy that it starts getting difficult, cause you can't believe what is happening on screen.

I agree on Troy, but I also want to figure out what's been happening with Dex, He was like my favorite guy in the original and they never mention him beyond the first mission where you're driving home with Johnny.

AnarchistAbe

The Original RageQuit Rebel
Sep 10, 2009
Pielikey said:
A decent goddamn port to PC....
I would love to see this, above all else.

Otherwise, I want to see: more customization options (clothing and weapons), better driving, more crazy antics, and *crosses fingers* The Character Creator from APB.

EDIT: More voices as well. The voices sucked in SR2...

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Better car controls. Those are literally the worst car controls I've ever seen in a game, and I've played Crysis. Then again, I'm talking about the ones on the PC version. And less glitches... there were so many glitches that made the game nearly unplayable.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
It was a great game, but if anything I would ask for even MORE customisation! When I played through saints row 2 I ended up playing as an evil genius I called Dr Alienhead due to his strangely inflated upper head.

he driven a bright orange apc everywhere he gone and he wore very bright blue clothes with toxic green shoes. It was the most awesome thing I have ever played due to the customisation and I want even MOAR.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
as mentioned before, my number one would be a better PC version with continued support that includes the same DLC the consoles get; even at $8 I still feel like I got ripped off.

My second choice would be more assassinations; my favorite part of the game was dressing up my female character in elegant dresses and hunting people down with the katana.

I'd like a jetpack; yes, I know GTA had it already, but there are so many places I can't go unless I'm willing to fly a chopper around; which is a bit of a health risk on the PC version. Skates would be nice, too; I guess just an alternate mode of transportation would spice things up a bit.

Really, I just want bigger and better, like every sequel should be. Building interiors would go a long way to add to that.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Keep the cockney voice, let us customise our gangs and guns, and give us more intricate customisation. I want a shirt that's untucked with only the top button undone that isn't creased, but I can't do that in SR2.