Saints Row 4 Getting Well-Timed "GATV" DLC Pack Next Week

Michael Epstein

Sep 9, 2013
Saints Row 4 Getting Well-Timed "GATV" DLC Pack Next Week

Who needs GTA V when you can get "GATV?"

Saints Row 4 publisher Deep Silver doesn't want you to forget about their game when Grand Theft Auto V hits stores on Tuesday, and they've got a plan to keep you from fleeing Steelport for Los Santos: Selling you new clothes and guns! That's right, according to this week's PlayStation Blogcast [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/12/playstation-blogcast-089-no-strings-attached/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PSBlog+%28PlayStation.Blog%29], there are not one, but two new SR4 DLC packs rolling out next week: The "GATV" pack and the "Wild West" pack.

Never one to shy away from conflict, the anagram-tastic "GATV" pack is all about... Being more like everyone's favorite character, Johnny Gat. According to images leaked on the GameFAQs forums [http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/649270-saints-row-iv/67094324], the pack will include Gat's clothes, hair, and something called a "knifegun." It isn't exactly clear what will be in the "Wild West" pack, but the safe bet would be a set of Old West-style outfits.

While the podcast only confirms that the packs are coming to PS3 next week, it seems likely that they will be available on PC and Xbox 360 around the same time.

Source: Joystiq [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/12/playstation-blogcast-089-no-strings-attached/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PSBlog+%28PlayStation.Blog%29]

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
DLC? This soon? Come on, can you at least wait like 2 or 3 months first?

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Hey, look, Saints Row is releasing its first not-very-necessary DLC pack.

Ticklefist

Jul 19, 2010
MCerberus said:
While I did't miss the point of your joke, it's pretty funny, I would like to say that "necessary" DLC is a bigger problem than unnecessary DLC.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Glaice said:
Well if you're in Australia you get to wait a month or two. But watching the likes vs dislikes meter on Youtube was hilarious on the DLC adverts.

Wonder if they don't like it? 85% dislike rating.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
I regretted the money I spent on SRIV. I knew I shouldn't buy it because I didn't care much for SR3. But I did it anyway. Also, I don't buy stupid clothing/cosmetic DLCs. GO EFF YOURSELVES YOU RUINED MY SAINTS ROW.

Never again.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Mcoffey said:
Glaice said:
They barely waited two or three days. There are already a few costume packs for sale in the steam store.

Like with The Third, I'm gonna skip the filler DLC and wait for the story content and missions.
Or like I did with the PC version wait a little while until all of the DLC filler and normal are on sale on the Steam Store. Such bargin.

Captcha: For the gipper? No. Fuck the Gipper, he was a prick.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Volition, I appreciate what you're doing here to keep my attention. But costumes and weapons won't do it. Especially when you probably should have included them (among more options for clothes) in the base game. You want me to keep playing and hold my attention? Bring me more story-based content and things to actually do! That's what kept me coming back to Skyrim so much. It's what kept me invested in Fallout 3 beyond the main game. Try following their method of DLC content a bit more, please.

ThriKreen

May 26, 2006
In Search of Username said:
Why anyone would want to play this and not GTA V, I don't know.
Because I had fun with it and SR3, and put GTA4 down halfway through because it was just too boring and GTA5 looks to be more of the same boring, empty world.

Feb 22, 2009
ThriKreen said:
Because I had fun with it and SR3, and put GTA4 down halfway through because it was just too boring and GTA5 looks to be more of the same boring, empty world.
Maybe if a game needs to allow you to attack people with a massive dildo and fire shit at people and become the president and fight people off with a dubstep gun in order to not be considered 'boring', it says more about you than it does about the game? Just maybe.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
ThriKreen said:
Maybe if a game needs to allow you to attack people with a massive dildo and fire shit at people and become the president and fight people off with a dubstep gun in order to not be considered 'boring', it says more about you than it does about the game? Just maybe.
"I don't like so it's objectively the worst game ever! Anyone who disagrees with me is a 12 year old"

Or it could just be that they are comfortable enough in their maturity to enjoy immature things. Not everything needs to be grim/dark hard boiled serious game all the time.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
ThriKreen said:
Wow, I'm surprised you could see your computer well enough through all that smug to be able to type that sentence.

OT: No thanks Saints Row IV, I'd like some DLC with actual substance to it rather than your games equivalent of horse armor.

Feb 22, 2009
LordLundar said:
ThriKreen said:
"I don't like so it's objectively the worst game ever! Anyone who disagrees with me is a 12 year old"

Or it could just be that they are comfortable enough in their maturity to enjoy immature things. Not everything needs to be grim/dark hard boiled serious game all the time.
When did I say my opinions were objectively correct?

Yeah sure, enjoy immature things all you want, my problem is when people start to criticise anything that ISN'T immature as 'boring'. By any other standards than video game standards, GTA IV would be considered over-the-top and ridiculous, but this mentality of instantly rejecting anything that tries to be taken seriously persists in gaming, and it's part of the reason society sees us all as a bunch of children.

There's no problem with enjoying immature stuff, but there is a problem with enjoying ONLY immature stuff.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
ticklefist said:
MCerberus said:
While I did't miss the point of your joke, it's pretty funny, I would like to say that "necessary" DLC is a bigger problem than unnecessary DLC.
This.

I'd much rather have a bunch of extra costumes for sale as opposed to, say the ending of a game (Lookin' at you, Prince of Persia).

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
LordLundar said:
Beign mature enough for immaturity is a silly argument. You can enjoy immoaturity whether you are mature or not and you can enjoy matirity in both situations as well. some people like immature things and some people like mature things. nothin wrong with either, but you dont need to reach some "mature standard" to do so.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Saints Row 4 DLC?

**reads**

Costumes and weapons? **yawn** Never mind. Wake me up if they release some sort of extra mission pack.