Saints Row: The Third Review

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Saints Row: The Third Review

So much to do in Steelport, so little time ?

Read Full Article

Feb 13, 2008
Greg Tito said:
with no lock-on mechanism
YUSH!

BTW Greg, what lost it the half mark? Too many QTE's/pop-ups?

(I've already ordered it, but I can't play it until I finish Nanowrimo. Rewarded deadlines are necessary)

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
I hadn't given this game a second thought - aside from LoveFilming Saints Row 2 and never playing it I hadn't had any involvement with the series.

Muting this review and then watching what stuff there is to get up to, I've realised the error of my ways. I'll definitely be getting this.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
Was that some sort of character voice or something? That was really weird and uncomfortable. Kinda detracted from the review.

I guess I see the appeal of the game, but seems like the hollow kinda fun. Like an old game with alotta crazy mods thrown in.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
That review was... Different. It didn't really go well, i'm glad the written part comes with these.

That said, i'll be getting it. This only cements my choice :p

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
Yeah...I'm not sure it would be wise to do that voice again in a review. There was something a little...off...about it.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Yeah, I'm gonna have to say, I didn't like the voice. I don't think it works well.

All in all though, I don't think I'll be getting this game. Not my type.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
The voice thing was a bit weird, I want to hear about the pc version, but I'm assuming because its not mentioned that it doesn't have the problems that saints row 2 had.

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
Too bad Skyrim left me with too little moolah to get get this one. Great to hear it's still awesome, though.

Reynaert

Jan 30, 2011
Love the way this review was done, it actually made me wanna play that game. I probably won't get it though. I don't have a current-gen console and the previous Saints pc port wasn't playable. At all.

Father Tunde

Dec 8, 2010
Liking the look of the game, and might get it for/after Christmas, but I didn't like this style of reviewing.

wkim564

Sep 21, 2009
Reynaert said:
Love the way this review was done, it actually made me wanna play that game. I probably won't get it though. I don't have a current-gen console and the previous Saints pc port wasn't playable. At all.
This version is not a port, pc version for the third is developed in house.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
A reminder: People intentionally trying to sound "gangsta" when they're not is nearly unanimously looked down upon, and is therefore an ineffective way to draw interest to the review. I was done after one minute. Don't care about your review enough to tolerate the voice, don't even feel like muting it and continuing, or reading the text portion either. A person who makes that bad a judgement call probably has nothing meaningful or insightful to say anyway.

Spy_Guy

Mar 16, 2010
I liked that review.

Hate the "gangsta" culture in general... but I liked that video a lot.

Good work.

Arizona Kyle

Aug 25, 2010
Reynaert said:
It is on Onlive you know lol

Gregg Lonsdale

Jan 14, 2011
Reynaert said:
The PC version wasn't ported this time, it was properly developed for PC. And the PC version comes with its own features, like HUD-free recording for sweet youtube vids and TF2 costumes for your saint.