Saints Row: The Third Review

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Yeah good stuff

Nice review it fits you know the style. Pimpalicious!

Anyhow I should go you know luchadores don't launch themself in the air. All hard work for me *grin*

Zero_ctrl

Feb 26, 2009
Greg Tito said:
If you want the more informative stuff without the character, check out the written review. It's got all of the the things you wanted to me to discuss. The two parts (video and article) are best when consumed together, especially with this review, but with all our reviews.

Greg
I realize that the written review is generally the emphasis for the Escapist, but to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if most people just watch the video and call it good. Perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea to keep those people in mind?

As for the game itself, I'm probably going to be picking this up for Christmas. I've got Skyrim to occupy me until then and forever.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Hey guys,

Thanks for all of the comments. The idea for this kind of video seemed to fit Saints Row more so than any other game, but the general response seems to state the execution could have been better. Every piece we produce at The Escapist is a learning experience, and I will consider your thoughts when making a similar video in the future.

I want to express my gratitude that this thread didn't devolve into slander or flaming. You all were polite and honest with your criticism and that is something to be commended. Thank you.

Greg

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Greg Tito said:
Hey guys,

Thanks for all of the comments. The idea for this kind of video seemed to fit Saints Row more so than any other game, but the general response seems to state the execution could have been better. Every piece we produce at The Escapist is a learning experience, and I will consider your thoughts when making a similar video in the future.

I want to express my gratitude that this thread didn't devolve into slander or flaming. You all were polite and honest with your criticism and that is something to be commended. Thank you.

Greg
I can assure you that we appreciate that you were willing to take the criticism above all else

Thank you for that.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
This review style is just bad ... bad bad bad. Inaudible muffled responses to your own awkward monologues is bad bad bad. Not funny, not helpful, not good.

Whoever started such reviews on this site should be done away with.

Final outcome of this review: it's the same damn game as sr2. You don't help.

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
Game looks fun, but...that was definitely not my favorite review ever.

It was only 5 minutes long, but I looked at the timer at about 2 minutes in and I felt like I had been watching this forever. The whole voice and style of the review was definitely a poor choice, but I'll forgive ya Greg, as I bet you're liek the rest of us:

Deprived of sleep due to Skyrim.

Arizona Kyle

Aug 25, 2010
mjc0961 said:
Arizona Kyle said:
Reynaert said:
Love the way this review was done, it actually made me wanna play that game. I probably won't get it though. I don't have a current-gen console and the previous Saints pc port wasn't playable. At all.
It is on Onlive you know lol
Uhm, that doesn't speak to the PC version's actual playability when you have a real copy at all. As everyone knows, the Onlive version is of course not playable, because streaming games is just about the dumbest thing anyone in the gaming industry has ever come up with. Why anyone would ever say "it is on onlive you know" to try and say that the regular PC version is good is beyond me.
Not Playable ha

This gameplay was recorded on OnLive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBxeaTTPDXY

So was this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8SGzB4Yklo&feature=related

it is very playable so dont you tell me that its not playable

GeoPB

Jun 10, 2009
Worst... Review... Ever.

I'll buy the game though, that much I have learnt today.

Seriously dude, don't do that again.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I had my doubts before buying this game, seeing how messed up the PC port for SR2 was, but i didnt regret it one bit, its the most fun i had with gaming in years and im doing a second playthrough already, skyrim can wait.

mjfisher

Mar 5, 2010
That was a horrible review of the game. I don't care what the hell you have in your crib and what dope rides you have. Tell me about the game. I understand you need to play it to review it but come on. And the stupid voice....really. I can only image you are white....act like it. You sound like a special needs child.