Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Guy Jackson said:
tony2077 said:
there one gender so technically it can't be lesbian
Frozengale said:
Mono meaning singular
Gender referring to the Sexual Organs of a given individual
All Asari have the same Sexual Organs, their race is monogendered.
They may all resemble woman, and they all may refer to themselves as woman but that doesn't change the fact that they as a species are all the same gender. Making your point invalid.
Seriously, if you have to go to such lengths to convince yourself that you're not acting out a lesbian relationship...
i don't mind lesbian or even gay relationships but in this guess its doesn't work since there a different species and even Liara says as much

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Drago-Morph said:
Frozengale said:
archvile93 said:
I just hope they remove the "any potential love interest will start hitting on if you talk to them enough no matter what you do short of being a total asshole." Seriously, I thought I was clear to Jack I was not interested and yet she still later told me I had no chance with her unless I broke it off with Tali. I also hope some characters cannot be same sex romanced and some cannot be opposite sex romanced. Not everyone is Bi after all, except for Asari of course.
Yeah no kidding. I felt like I was navigating a mine field every time I started to talk to Jacob. I start talking to him and suddenly I have 3 conversation choices and all of them point to me hitting on him... I'm just like... uh what?!

And I would imagine that some characters would be very firm in their sexuality. I would think Garrus would be a Women only and Jack a Guy only, especially since Jack specifically states in ME2 that she has no interest in getting it on with a girl.
Actually, she says the exact opposite. During her stories, she shares two or three accounts of girl love.
Really? I guess I wasn't paying attention. I just know she shoots you down and says she isn't interested.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Guy Jackson said:
tony2077 said:
Frozengale said:
Mono meaning singular
They may all resemble woman, and they all may refer to themselves as woman but that doesn't change the fact that they as a species are all the same gender. Making your point invalid.
Seriously, if you have to go to such lengths to convince yourself that you're not acting out a lesbian relationship...
I never said it wasn't Lesbian. I just said that saying they aren't monogendered isn't true, since they clearly are. You said there isn't anything monogendered about Asari, which is very much false.

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
Well, Bioware is trying to make at least ONE press release that won't have Mass Effect fans up in arms over it. Doesn't seem like they're getting any closer with this one than their 'we're trying to bring the shooting closer to main-stream' release or the 'no more silly stat games' release.

bob-2000

Jun 28, 2009
Frozengale said:
Guy Jackson said:
No it isn't.

This makes me rage and facepalm at the same time. Asari are monogendered so technically it's not lesbian? Come off it! Liara is a woman with blue skin and a funky hairdo. There's nothing remotely monogendered about the Asari.
Mono meaning singular
You, sir, deserve such a nerd high-five right now.

Anyway, I'm really glad they have this option. Now I wont have to ever play as male Shepard!

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Well, good for homosexuals i guess. It won't impact me in any way, but at least it gives players more choice in who they shack up with, and i'm all for more choice.

Fanboy

Oct 20, 2008
I'm in the same boat as most people here; Cautiously optimistic. I am completely open to including homosexual relationship options so long as they don't change established characters.

Of the existing characters, I couldn't see any of them becoming suddenly attracted to the opposite sex, except maybe Jack. Then again, Commander Shepard is so awesome I'm sure there are plenty of straight individuals who would go gay for him/her.

de5gravity

Apr 18, 2011
I've never played the ME games (well i'm at the start of the first one) but I always thought it was always a part of it when I saw this video a while back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrMMOteSqOE

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
binvjoh said:
Radeonx said:
I didn't even know that Mass Effect was purely heterosexual
It's not. There's been female-female homosexual relationships, but not male-male.
If you go on YouTube, you can see dummied romantic dialogue (and the love scene) with Kaiden and Ashley as same sex partners. Its accessible in the PC version only so far as I know.

All I really care about, so to speak, is that I can get some kind of continuation (after the very heart warming reconnecting) of my relationship with Liara. BioWare has this power over me, I pretty much fell in love with Merrill in DA2 as soon as I met her, and it was the same with Liara.

Come on BioWare, Fem!Shep/Liara OTP, show us the love.

Epic Fail 1977

Dec 14, 2010
Frozengale said:
Guy Jackson said:
tony2077 said:
Frozengale said:
Mono meaning singular
I never said it wasn't Lesbian. I just said that saying they aren't monogendered isn't true, since they clearly are. You said there isn't nothing monogendered about Asari, which is very much false.
Oh, you mean you were just trolling. Sorry, I mistook you for someone making a point.

radioactive lemur

May 26, 2010
Excellent! I thought femShep should lez out with Miranda or Tali for some time now. However,I hate to say it, but to make it believable that male Shepard would so much as consider a roll in the space hay with Jacob, they need to improve his dance animations. There is just no way a dude who dances like Shepard is even a little bit bicurious.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Guy Jackson said:
Frozengale said:
Guy Jackson said:
tony2077 said:
Frozengale said:
Mono meaning singular
I never said it wasn't Lesbian. I just said that saying they aren't monogendered isn't true, since they clearly are. You said there isn't nothing monogendered about Asari, which is very much false.
Oh, you mean you were just trolling. Sorry, I mistook you for someone making a point.
How is that trolling? Because I proved you wrong? You presented an argument. I presented a counter-argument with facts. I thought I was nice about the whole thing also. If this is trolling I still have much to learn about the Interwebs.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Wasn't this always the case? Granted, I didn't see a lot of same sex options with my female Shephard in Mass Effect 2, but I think there was the option to have a fling with the psychiatrist chick who keeps an eye on your crew/mail.

Oh well, good to hear anyway, the more options the better :)

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Saviordd1 said:
feauxx said:
Casey Hudson of BioWare just tweeted this:

CaseyDHudson
Happy to confirm #ME3 supports wider options for love interests incl. same-sex for m&f chars, reactive to how you interact w/them in-game.

Finally! I'm so happy with this news, needed to share it!
Its about time

I am now happy, thank you bioware
This.

Yay! My dream of FemShep/Tali will finally be a possibility! ^^

Or maybe Garrus/MaleShep, just for fun. ^^

ViaGalactica

Mar 18, 2011
Guy Jackson said:
Frozengale said:
No, it means you are that dense. What he means is that the Asari are a monogendered species because there are only female Asari. If what you are arguing is sexual orientation, then Asari would all be considered pansexual. A pansexual, monogendered species.

Get it now?