San Diego Comic-Con Cosplay Gallery

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Is the guy dressed as the Engineer really that buff or did he add some stuff on? (Whoa.)

The guy dressed as Leia was downright hilarious and both Wonder Woman costumes were great.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
AbstractStream said:
Is the guy dressed as the Engineer really that buff or did he add some stuff on? (Whoa.)
He's probably already pretty buff, but the makeup is assisting in the definition. The airbrush applied paint is giving the appearance of shadow and greater muscle definition.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Hilton Collins said:
Specifically, the Weeping Angels ( see this Wikipedia post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weeping_Angels)
Dude. We know. I have two weeping angels on my desk. We're aware. :D

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Greg Tito said:

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. Wait, there's a Gold one?
*Warning: Power Ranger fan incoming*

That isn't Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, that's Power Rangers Samurai, the 18th and currently running Power Ranger series. And yes there is a Gold Ranger, although he isn't the first.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
I don't mean to be picky, but... well actually I do mean to be picky.

Number 24, Gandalf. You've written "he arrives precisely as he wants to". The correct line, and I don't know how you got this wrong, is "he arrives precisely when he means to".

Pretty please, with a cherry on top, fix that? It would make me ever so happy.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I was kinda hoping to see DanzNewz's Bane in there. But gosh the first red Twilek and first Catwoman was soooooo hawt. I should start going to these.

Kyoh

Oct 12, 2010
Mr Thin said:
Number 24, Gandalf. You've written "he arrives precisely as he wants to". The correct line, and I don't know how you got this wrong, is "he arrives precisely when he means to".

Haha, I noticed that too!

I love that Deadpoolmau5 shot. Fantastic.

Sep 14, 2009
holy crap these are amazing, and frickin christ that engineer is extremely cut, looks just like he walked off the set of prometheus!

goodness, all of my costumes i've ever worn in life are put to shame by every single one of these :/

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Aaaah, including Kroenen was great. Pity he didn't show off his blades ;).

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
These are consistently excellent. Makes quite a change from the previous Steam Punk festival. Is that because San Diego is a bigger affair? I'm not too familar with cosplay conventions.

EDIT: Isn't 46 just a generic gladiator? I don't see anything space agey or alien on him (yes, gladiators were supposed to have helmets like that).

Mortuorum

Oct 20, 2010
Crimson_Dragoon said:
I'm pretty sure that Bumblebee wins. I don't care if it wasn't a contest. He wins.
I don't know... the Lost in Space Robot costume was pretty awesome.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I'm surprised that a shot of Gav wasn't included.

Anyway, cool stuff, and I can't wait for NYCC (where hopefully I'll have my Commander Shepard, Ethan [Pokemon HG/SS player character], and Skyrim Novice Mage Robes done, and the Escapist will show up this year).