Sandwich Reccomendations

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
My college standby was grilled chicken, some good mozzerella, and pesto on crusty bread. You can't go wrong with it, though I'm not sure how common mozzerella is in most college cafeterias.

Jun 16, 2010
The best Christmas-themed sandwich ever is Turkey, Bacon, Brie and Redcurrant jelly, lightly grilled in the oven so the brie melts into a delicious creamy goo. Uhh...

Captcha: milk was a bad choice
(?) I guess Captcha doesn't recommend milk with it.
Probably good advice actually.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
For all of the following, add the following: Lettuce, Pickles, Onions.
Chicken cutlet, Ham, Mozzarella on a hero.
Meatloaf slice, any cheese of your choice.
Roast beef, turkey, cheddar.
Those are the sane ones.
I am keeping the Weapon of Mass Deliciousness secret.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Just walk up and say everything minus Tomato and Mayo. Or just go up and order "a sandwich" with no Tomato or Mayo.

In college I became known as the guy who would just order "a sandwich", it lets you try new things and lets the worker have some fun.

If you feel daring ask for "something different" then add your food alergies.

Thoff09

Jun 12, 2010
Roast beef, turkey, cheddar, pepper jack, lettuce, (tomato optional for OP's sake), and an apple slice drenched in honey dijon.

M K Ultra

Nov 27, 2012
Get a broodwich, forged in darkness from wheat harvested in Hell's half-acre, with cheese boiled from the rancid teat of a three-headed fanged cow & layered with 666 separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood.

klown

Jun 6, 2012
Well, depending on what they have. I really like to take baby aged swiss, roast beef, carmalized onions and steam them together in a pan with a tiny bit of burbon. Go Beef > Onions > Cheese so they all stay together. Then put it on a bun and eat. You win!

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Any type of meat + cheddar or mozzarella cheese never steered me wrong, particularly if you're allowed to toast it and melt it along with onions if you like.

deanospimoni

Dec 7, 2010
Sand Witches are pretty awful. My favorite sandwich is a Reuben. It's the most delicious sandwich in existence as long as it is made at a proper deli. Cuban sandwiches are awesome because they have pork and ham.

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
Get a big Vienna loaf. Cut it in half, (i.e. open it.) Pour good olive oil on both open sides. Get a can of flaky tuna, spread it over one side. Add capers, kalamata olives, anchovies if you have any, (anchovy sauce works fine too if you don't want a strong anchovy taste,) about two sliced capsicums, (different colours, doesn't matter which,) and then carpet it with Basil - a lot of Basil. Put the other half on top and, this is important, squash the shit out of it. Get it nice and flat, as flat as you can. Then wrap it tightly in cling film, (some people use string but fuck that,) and squash it flat some more. Just press your forearms down onto it and lean on it. When it's nice and flat put it in the fridge, preferably under a heavy book to keep it flat, and leave it overnight. When you want to eat it slice off a generous portion and bon appetit. Probably one of the freshest and best-tasting sandwiches you'll ever eat... that is if it still classifies as a sandwich.

No tomato, no mayo, but probably a bit too beyond what your college is capable of. I recommend it nonetheless.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Chunko said:
wintercoat said:
Roast beef, turkey, pepperoni and pepperjack on white, with lettuce, tomato and mustard, mayo on the bottom slice. Pure perfection.
I'll be sure to try that one minus the tomato and mayo.
I usually omit the mayo myself, but this is one of the few times I like tomatoes on sandwiches. Make sure the roast beef is on the bottom though, or everything else tends to drown it out completely. Oh, and if you can, get buffalo turkey, or some other heavily seasoned turkey. It's usually moister than plain turkey, and without the tomato, you'll need a bit of moisture.

Chefsbrian

Jun 25, 2012
Might be out of your College's selection, but I find Honey glazed Ham, with some Dijon Mustard and Havarti Cheese is delicious. and not the stuff made as sliced sandwich meat. The actual ham. Best results if you slice off the skin, so that you don't drag all the meat out in one bite. Lettuce or sliced onion is nice on it too.

Damn, shouldn't have read this thread at midnight, now I want a sandwich...

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
Peanut butter and pickles/gherkins/whatever you call them.

Don't knock it 'till you try it. it's glorious

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
A couple of my favourites:

- Kahunaburger: Yeah OK it's not technically a sandwich, but you can put all the ingredients on a sandwich, so there. Burger patty, cheese, lettuce, avocado, bacon, fried egg, onion, roasted garlic hommus, and of course, pineapple.
- PB&C: Simple, salty and delicious. Peanut butter and plain potato chips.

And of course, Media Sandwich. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/media-sandwich]

deanospimoni said:
Sand Witches are pretty awful.
Nah, they're just misunderstood. [http://www.viruscomix.com/page537.html]

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Chunko said:
My College has a deli in the cafeteria where you can have someone make you a sandwich. I'm running out of ideas, does anyone have any suggestions for what I should order.

Also I am allergic to Tomato, and hate Mayonnaise.
Nutella sandwiches.

Yes you heard me, CHOCOLATE SANDWICHES!

SO delicious and glorious your head will explode!

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
Depends on how invested you are in your sandwich.

If you just need something to eat, go to Subway and get a Spicy Italian, it'll serve you right.
If you want something a bit more, get some muenster cheese with deli turkey on ciabatta.

But if you're a man... [http://i.imgur.com/nETkZ.jpg]

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
Dethenger said:
Depends on how invested you are in your sandwich.

If you just need something to eat, go to Subway and get a Spicy Italian, it'll serve you right.
If you want something a bit more, get some muenster cheese with deli turkey on ciabatta.

But if you're a man... [http://i.imgur.com/nETkZ.jpg]
I wish they served that in my cafeteria.