Sarcasm Mark: Stop using Sarcasm Tags!

x434343

Mar 22, 2008
Full story http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/6995354/Sarcasm-punctuation-mark-aims-to-put-an-end-to-email-confusion.html

A company basically developed a punctuation mark to indicate sarcasm for use in emails. Comments?

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
I like.

Its actually a good idea, theres nothing worse then when you make a sarcastic comment & the person replies "oh really? I didnt know that".

and queue the replies to this saying "Oh Really, I didnt know that".

DemonicVixen

Oct 24, 2009
x434343 said:
Full story http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/6995354/Sarcasm-punctuation-mark-aims-to-put-an-end-to-email-confusion.html

A company basically developed a punctuation mark to indicate sarcasm for use in emails. Comments?
Damn, i know someone who was actually going to do this thread when he had the chance. Oh well, looks like you beat him to it lol.

OT: I think its more confusing, not to mention you have to pay to use it (according to the Metro paper) and how on earth can you put that symbol onto email and things unless you have to download some sort of toolbar link.

Dorian

Jan 16, 2009
Well Christ.

Now my posts are going to be nothing but periods with swirls around them.
: /

TheJoojo

Apr 28, 2009
I'm not really sure what to say. I think I'd never use it... Emphasis on "I think".

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Yeah go take all the fun out of making sarcastic comments by using this mark.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
They can't just invent grammar all willy nilly and such!

And we have to pay for it? That makes the it so much better...
Like it was already just what we needed.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
DemonicKitten said:
OT: I think its more confusing, not to mention you have to pay to use it (according to the Metro paper) and how on earth can you put that symbol onto email and things unless you have to download some sort of toolbar link.
In the article it says you have to push the Strg + the Full Stop button to put it in your e-mail.