Saving The World From The Plutarians! - Accepting Characters, Not Started

Tim_Buoy

Jul 7, 2010
PaintyFace said:
Mmkay, so I'm fed up of humans being the bad guys (seriously, at times it seems like every other species or sub-species in the Universe is perfect and innocent and humans are always the jerks. But I digress) so I'm thinking of starting an RP where aliens land on Earth, and we have to fight them off to survive and to get Earth back.

Here's a first draft of the opening, but it's subject to change, particularly if I get any better ideas :3

May, 2015.
Three spaceships crash in Saudi Arabia, leaving twenty-five aliens stranded on Earth. People from the nearest towns go to see, and are attacked and killed. When the army gets to the area, they find the nearest eight towns deserted, and only small fragments of metal left from the ships.

Over the next few days, thousands of people are slaughtered. As news spreads across the planet, people flee their homes. Most of Asia ends up deserted, with people either being attacked or desperately trying to find somewhere safe.

About a week after the crash, a body of an alien is found and examined. They are named Plutarians, and they can only survive in hot weather. When people find this out, they head towards the poles. Large areas of Mexico and the southern US states are abandoned, along with most of South America and large parts of Europe.

Now, six months after the first crash, humanity hides in the coldest parts of the world, hoping to survive. Governments have got together and a team of special agents have been assembled. They will be sent to Asia, to find and kill the Plutarians, and to save the planet. The question is, can they do it?

The aliens will be at least 7 foot tall, some up to 7 foot 6 inches (approx 215 - 230 cm for anyone who uses metric). They will have long broad bodies, with wide hips and shoulders, but short arms and legs. They will be fat and slow moving for their race, as they were rich and lived in luxury.
They have basic guns like ours, and they have communications devices. They can only communicate with each other though, and cannot communicate with humans or their home planet.
(Apologies for no picture, but my drawing skills aren't so great. If anyone wants to try a picture, PM it to me so I can check it was what I was thinking of.)

The team will have a leader back in Europe, and one in the team as they go to the aliens. I will probably control these two characters.
We will also be looking for several military personnel, preferably with different skills (ie a sniper, someone good with first person combat etc.), some scientists (they know the most about the aliens, and will have special technology to find out more about them) and a survival expert or two (remember, this area of the world has been abandoned, so food, water, electricity won't be as readily available).

I will also consider other members on the team, but you'll need to convince me that there's a reason for them to be there.

So firstly, is anyone interested? Also, any input on the opening post, any ideas to improve or expand the story? And does anything significant need to be changed to get more people interested?
i am completely interested sign me up the opening post sounds fine a character sheet would be nice

Tim_Buoy

Jul 7, 2010
nuba km said:
PaintyFace said:
nuba km said:
seems good as a team would need all those skills and the fact that people who have those certain skills will be very different from those with certain other skills (e.g. scientist is not the same as the people for fighting) though I would properly love to be the guy that is in the team pretty much just because he is as close as they can get to psychotic without the person killing the team.
If you make him psychotic, it needs to be for a reason. What caused it? He'll also need a reason for being on the team, even if he is just there to do menial work.
as much as I want to say 'he as seen some weird shit' I will give an actual reason and i will break it into points:
1. when he was 8 years old a cereal killer broke into his house he tied up the family into chairs he then started to eat each of them one by one but luckily one of the neighbours noticed something strange going on and called the police which were able to get there just after the cereal killer killed the father leaving just him and his mother.
2. his mother went to a psychologist but eventually committed suicide.
3. after this he went to an orphanage but as he already started showing psychotic behaviour (e.g. catching small animals for experiments) he was sent to a military school where he started to control his psychotic behaviour.
4. after leaving the military schools with high marks he didn't know what to do with his live he eventually decided to join the military.
5. he flight through all the physical tests with near perfect marks but his mental test showed that he could be a danger to any potential squad members.
6. the military needed some people for a suicide mission with his excellent skills in combat he was picked. during the mission he saved one of squad members but after the mission the surviving squad members described some of the things he did to the enemy soldiers (e.g. cut open one of their head pulled out the brain, placed an active grenade in the brain and through it at some other enemy soldiers) he was forced to leave the army as even though he wanted to save team-mate's live he could still not fully control his psychotic behaviour.
7. now with the new thread of the alien beings he has been picked for the mission as he has amazing combat abilities and he even might be able to mentally scar the aliens but the commander (I presume their is a leader of the squad) has been given orders to shoot him at the first sign that he could endanger the mission.
favoured weapons:
semi-auto glock
trench knife
shotgun (with various types of ammo)
any explosives he can get his hands on
I hope that is a valid explanation of my character please tell me anything you want me to
change.
sorry to be nit pick but thats the wrong type of cereal (serial)
EDIT: unless he used cereal to kill them then.... frankly that would be awesome

theonlyblaze2

Aug 20, 2010
For the aliens to have believable killed so many humans, I think their guns would need to be more advanced than ours. Or they could have some sort of mental powers, similar to magic. This could also explain why they are so fat and slow-they no longer have to move, they just think about moving things, like telekenesis. Or these ablities could be from cybernetics or robotic parts and then you could have them somewhat accessable to humans. Never the less, sounds like a get time! Sign me up!

PaintyFace

The One Engaged to RavingPenguin
Sep 23, 2010
Sorry, kinda forgot about this the last few days.

I'm busy this weekend, but I'll get a character sheet up on Monday and make any final changes to the OP. I'll then give people a week to send in characters and after that I'll pick who's in.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
PaleCross28 said:
how about something like if they scrach you or bite you or something like that you turn into a sort of creture would that work?
That sounds more like a Zombie RP than an Alien RP.

Also I know people say this a lot, but dude you can edit your posts if no one posts after you for a while. xD

PaintyFace

Sep 23, 2010
Just posting to say I've updated the OP, and this RP is now accepting characters.

Which, y'know, you could just read above. But yeah.

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
CAP'N used RESERVE
But it wasn't very effective...
Name: Zoe Flynn

Role: Toxicologist

Description: Standing at roughly 5'7, with straight, dark brown, almost black hair, bright green eyes and pale skin, Zoe usually wears a dark t-shirt and trousers under a white lab coat.

Bio: Born and educated in England, Zoe's father, -a journalist- died while reporting on the 1994 plague epidemic in Surat when she was just 9 years old. She developed a fascination with disease and pathogens, eventually resolving to become a toxicologist. A short while after finishing her Ph.D, she was approached by the government, and made to sign the Official Secrets Act before being offered a job with the Ministry of Defence researching biological warfare shortly before the Plutarians landed. Due to the fact she had not been attached to any projects for long, and would not be missed terribly should things go wrong, she was selected for the mission in the hopes she could find some Plutarian bacteria, and send back samples for both further analysis and development of a vaccine against them.

Random Fact: Zoe once had a pet rock that died of radiation poisoning.
Also, my dictionary wants to correct "Zoe" to Zombie"

How strange is it that "multiple gunshot suicide" is an occurrence that happens in 8% of gunshot suicides?
How much stranger is it that Wikipedia has a surprisingly detailed page documenting the phenomenon?
How much stranger than that is it that I found it while looking for an unusual death for a pet rock?

Gah, it doesn't seem to accept the diaeresis. I'll make them all normal e's.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
Name: Cara Saiz
Role: Labourer
Description: Cara measures an average 5'5" with straight, dark, shoulder length hair (typically in a pony tail), dark eyes and olive tinted skin. Her usual outfit consists of a black tank top under a light or thick (depending on the climate) charcoal coloured jacket, brown cargo pants tucked into military style boots.
Bio: Born in Spain and apprenticed to her father as a builder, Cara has travelled quite a bit, spending a notable amount of time in the UK, the US and northern Africa on projects helping the poor, building shelters and teaching them self-sustainability.
At the age of 19, while in the US Cara met, fell in love with and eventually married a business man. She settle there with the love of her life, but still went on projects with her father to help the poor. Unfortunately Cara's husband was in Saudi Arabia on business when the aliens crash landed, she still does not know the fate of her love, but fears the worst.
Random fact: Cara collects coins from every country she visits.
Hope it's okay :)

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
Andalusa said:
straight dark, almost black, shoulder length hair
Ahem. *Glances at own character sheet that has been up for a day already*
It's fine, it just shows that great minds think alike.

Captcha: eaturring the
Hmmm...

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
Cap said:
Andalusa said:

Hmmm...
I didn't even notice >.< I just glanced over yours to get a general idea of how it should be set out... oopsie.

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
Andalusa said:
Cap said:
Andalusa said:

Hmmm...
I didn't even notice >.< I just glanced over yours to get a general idea of how it should be set out... oopsie.
Well in all seriousness, it's hardly improbable that two people on the same team would have the same hair colour, and they're not all that similar in any other way.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Name: Mikhail Gavrikov

Role: Force Protection

Description: Standing at a decent 6'1" and weighing 204 lbs, Mikhail's not the typical old man. As a career soldier, he's taken his share of bullets that left scars, but the only thing to affect his face were the wrinkles of aging. His thin gray hair is pulled back into a ponytail, and a same-colored goatee helps surround his green, piercing eyes. Carrying himself like a Command Sergeant Major, Mikhail chose to never rise above First Sergeant from his sole fear of reassignment to a Chairborne Ranger.

Bio: Mikhail's grandparents moved to the US shortly after World War 2, where they met with another Russian family and set up their children to marry, and several years later Mikhail was born. Witnessing the Vietnam War during his early years, Mikhail had an itch for battle since he could walk. Disappointed that it ended before he could do his part, he trudged through school with average grades, waiting patiently for the day he graduated. Once he did, he left home and enlisted in the US Army, where he almost instantly entered the Special Forces just in time to participate in the Invasion of Grenada. After that, he was hooked, becoming a member of the Delta Force just in time to invade Panama. Desert Storm, Gothic Serpent, Seattle WTO, Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom - Mikhail's seen it all and never looked back.

He never had a family, too focused on his job, but his fellow operators became his surrogate family as his parents never approved of his "addiction," as they called it. However, Mikhail eventually grew a sense of humor and started enjoying his job even more. While most Special Forces operators would spend at least some time training or training with foreign troops, Mikhail always preferred combat action as his training.

Mikhail was always viewed with suspicion due to his heritage and the ongoing Cold War while he was growing up, but his willingness to accept almost all surveillance and Delta's training methods quickly built mutual trust with his fellow operators. He couldn't ever get rid of his accent, and still has trouble using articles when he talks.

Random Fact: Mikhail enjoys playing with hand puppets, whether he has socks on his hands or not.
Yeah, kinda wrote more than I planned, but I figure it'll balance out the two noncombatants present so far. Can nerf if necessary, but it'd make sense to send some of the best to fight sentient beings from another planet.

Edited to add in a rank.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Name: Mary-Anne Lutz (prefers being called Anne)

Role Sniper

Description: Short, curly brown hair that sticks up in odd places. Brown eyes and showing signs of wrinkles on her face, mostly laughter lines around her eyes. Usually wears brightly coloured turtle necks with no sleeves, and the standard army issued camo jacket, trousers, and black boots.

Bio: Born in Louisiana, she was raised by her mother with 3 brothers of varying ages. (One younger, two older). She became a mother at the young age of 17, but didn't feel she was ready, so her mother raised her daughter as her own. She then joined the Army at 18 in the hopes of making her mother proud. When Mary-Anne didn't get along well with some of the other recruits, she took a shine to the Snipers, and preferred a more solitary role in the Army. After 10 years, she made the rank of Corporal, and was in charge of her own small team of snipers. When the Plutarians attacked, most of her unit was split up to different areas.

Random Fact: Mary-Anne likes to collect bobble-head figures, as they make her laugh.

Hope this is okay, I'm never good at writing long Bio's :l

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
Name:Dmitri Yakov

Role: Survivalist

Description: Dmitri is 6' tall with thick brown hair, grey eyes, and a lean muscled build. He wears a solid black t-shirt with olive cargo pants and black leather boots. Dmitiri typically wears a duster and black cowboy hat when travelling. He carries a .44 magnum piston on a leather belt and 30-06 lever action rifle slung over his shoulder next to a pack.

Bio: Dmitri's family were some of the first foreign immigrants to land on its shores, they had been there during Seward's purchase, when gold was found and Alaska was no longer a joke to the U.S., and when Oil was discovered and the economy boomed. These things never mattered to the Yakovs, they had always lived on the fringes of society anyway. However, every male member of the Yakov family had at least served in a militia or military and Dmitri was no different. Though Dmitri's tour of duty never had him in any war, he did operate in peace keeping missions across the world. The survival skills passed down to him from generations of life in the Alaska bush always served him well. They came in handy when one of his assignments went wrong in the Amazon. His patrol had been scattered one day as a violent revolution broke out. Yakov took to the jungles, living off the land and avoiding armed patrols. The military lost track of him and declared him missing and assumed dead.

Slowly, Dmitri made his way back to Alaska, always avoiding large cities, except when necessary. Lately he had been living in total isolation. However, rumors of a man living alone drew government attention. After being investigated, Dmitri was pulled back into the military and has now been selected to be part of some kind of team.

Random Fact: Dmitri is missing half the teeth in the right side of his jaw from mistaking a cherry bomb for a piece of candy as a child
I hope its good ^^

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
So this might be the massive amounts of caffeine speaking, but do we know if anything is going to happen with this soon?

PaintyFace

Sep 23, 2010
Cap said:
So this might be the massive amounts of caffeine speaking, but do we know if anything is going to happen with this soon?
Yeah, sorry about this. I've been busy and stressed the last few days.

Due to the GM being very busy, stressed and probably absent-minded in March, this RP has been postponed until April. All the people who posted in the thread have been accepted and we can start when I'm sorted out. Anyone wishing to join before then will be considered and I'll let them know if they're in.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
PaintyFace said:
Cap said:
Yeah, sorry about this. I've been busy and stressed the last few days.

Due to the GM being very busy, stressed and probably absent-minded in March, this RP has been postponed until April. All the people who posted in the thread have been accepted and we can start when I'm sorted out. Anyone wishing to join before then will be considered and I'll let them know if they're in.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.
Fair enough, I'm not nearly level-headed enough to GM an RP, so I can understand the need.