Say One Thing About The Country You Live In

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
State: Missouri

We're not all as stupid as our (former) representatives.

On the U.S. in general, we are first world in wars, third in everything else. Thank the republicans for not wanting to invest in infrastructure. It's not like the new superdome needs electricity or anything.

smokingplane

Dec 26, 2011
4RM3D said:
smokingplane said:
The Netherlands
info: We made carrots orange
That's funny because I actually wanted to post that tidbit instead. But then I researched it on the internet and found out it's only half true. And then I was like meh, not so impressive anymore.

Ok after some reading up I'll change my statement to:
Dutch: we found orange carrots and made those so popular that other variants are mostly unknown now.

There is no real evidence it was done specific to honour king William, but if the average 17th century Dutch dudes liked orange as much as their 21st century counterparts they wouldn't hesitate to link anything orange to the king.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
England

Our weather is so wild and wacky that it can change in a matter of minutes. 10 minutes ago it was snowing, now its starting to be sunny. Still cold though.

Cry Wolf

Oct 13, 2010

Information Which is Pointless in Nature: Our movies all suck

OlasDAlmighty said:
America

We're not all fat, most of us don't own guns, most of us don't support war, we're quite racially and culturally heterogeneous, hence Obama.

Sorry, been wanting to say that for a while.
Yet the majority of your elected representatives are older, white males of Christrian beliefs. The gun ownership rate is also estimated to be a 88.8 per 100 residents as of 2007 (according to the the Small Arms Survery [http://www.smallarmssurvey.org/fileadmin/docs/A-Yearbook/2007/en/Small-Arms-Survey-2007-Chapter-02-annexe-4-EN.pdf] of 178 countries) - making the overwhelming majority of Americans gun owners. Sorry to burst your bubble!

Mar 19, 2010
Country Slovakia

Fact: One of my countrymen Aurel Stodola developed theory behind gas turbines so every jet engine you will see is based on his work.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Esotera said:
England: if the polar ice caps completely melt, sea levels will rise and create kingdoms of the south-west and the midlands.

The Netherlands.

If the polar ice caps completely melt, sea levels will rise and create an underwater-kingdom of our entire country. Except that one bit in Limburg, but we didn't want those assholes anyway.

Shade of Life

Feb 15, 2009
Sweden.

Fun Fact: Sweden and Denmark have fought more wars against each other than any other two countries in the world.

Slitzkin

Jul 3, 2011
Australia

A binge drinking culture was created in the 19th century due the '6 o'clock swill'. All pubs had to close at 6pm in the afternoon, everyday. Therefore everyone downed as many pints as possible in the the last hour or so before closing. That's why we drink like madmen today. And because a lot of our culture (and hertiage) was influenced but the English and Irish but that's another story.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
Brazil. Recife, Pernambuco, to be specific.

There's a huge cock right in the middle of the city. Every February. It's called the Rooster of Dawn. I love it because it means I only have to work wednesday afternoon.

More pictures can be found here: http://veja.abril.com.br/multimidia/galeria-fotos/galo-da-madrugada-2013

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
England

we build everything from hypersonic jet engines to the processor in your android,
all after a long night's binge drink in the rain.. be afraid! XD

HyRock

Jun 14, 2010
DonTsetsi said:
Bulgaria
Minimum wage is 155? minus taxes. We are part of the EU and have a currency board with the euro. One of our main sources of income is emigrants sending home money from abroad.
Whoa..

But well at least you got cheap beer there..

Right.. Riight.?

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I live in America. It was started by some of the deepest thinking and intelligent people of their era. It is now run by people who look like simpletons in comparison.

Cry Wolf said:

Information Which is Pointless in Nature: Our movies all suck
I would agree with you, but I guess I just can't get Beyond Thunderdome.

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
Latinidiot said:

We are a callous people individually, but very supportive of each other when it comes to taxes and social welfare and stuff.

Also, we were the first republic since Rome fell, but then we somehow got saddled with a king, and it still annoys me to no end.
It's very much a pitty that our republic came to an end indeed and I feel the same way about the Dutch monarchy, it seems that when it has got something to do with them.. democracy seems to stop working when you are giving a negative opinion about them in public. I want to say what I think for the tax money they cost me!!!

OT: Country: Netherlands

The Dutch were the first who introduced shares into their business (Dutch East Indian Company), making us mayperhaps the founders of the wonders of capitalism....(did I mean that?)

Moose

Feb 7, 2012

Our national football team is one of the best in the world when it comes to winning games that are meaningless.