Say One Thing About The Country You Live In

Ashadowpie

Feb 3, 2012
Canada

its aboot time we got some darn snow here eh?

Southern Ontario doesn't get a lot of snow in the winter anymore, but we finally got 30 centimeters in one day so...HUZZAH

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009

Pointless information: We love hockey. We talk hockey. We breathe hockey. We live hockey. Our national sport is lacrosse.

Nexxis

Jan 16, 2012

Fact: New York City and New York the state are not the same thing. I've had to explain this many times to my international friends since New York (as a whole) is usually portrayed as nothing but New York City in other parts of the world. The state is not one massive supercity.

Fluxlunanos

Forgot to remember to forget.
Jun 26, 2011
State: California
Region: Mojave Desert
Fact: If you ever Played Fallout New Vegas, Then you know what the Mojave is like. Hell they even got the sign in front of Nipton right, it was spooky.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Hong Kong, China. So technically, I live in a state within a state.

The stuff you hear about human rights, pollution and corruption in China is all true, and any local news media should be taken with a grain of salt.

Hong Kong's like that one little dot of freedom on the corner of a thousand square miles of suck. Well, there's neighboring Macau, but they willingly passed this security law allowing warrantless arrest, which so happens to be a law they tried passing in Hong Kong until the whole city went berserk.

MistressTegz

Aug 11, 2009
Australia

Koalas are so damn cute. Our country is so amazing it can be on fire and flooded at the same time.

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
CorvusFerreum said:
Germany

Homeland of Bratwurst, Currywurst, Wurstsalat, Wursteintopf, Wurstgulasch, Weißwurst, Kindergarten und Blitzkrieg. We like wurst. And daycare. And fast and dirty war.
And you guys make the best beer.

Australia

We eat our national animal because we're just that fucking metal

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010

We are quite possibly the only country that has a hangover cure as a breakfast.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009

We are a callous people individually, but very supportive of each other when it comes to taxes and social welfare and stuff.

Also, we were the first republic since Rome fell, but then we somehow got saddled with a king, and it still annoys me to no end.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
México
Contrary to popular belief it's not like the Wild West and towns aren't made of dirt, in fact we've got some pretty big cities and there's jungles and stuff.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
America: If we REALLY wanted to, we could build an assembly line that could produce anything. ANYTHING. Also: we created computers. I actually go to the university where the first electronic digital computer was created.

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
I'm actually kind of surprised no one's said anything about Finland yet, there seems to be quite a lot of Finns here.

So, anyway, Finland was the only democratic Axis country in World War 2. Also, we have lots of wood.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
America

We're not all fat, most of us don't own guns, most of us don't support war, we're quite racially and culturally heterogeneous, hence Obama.

Sorry, been wanting to say that for a while.

nefrone

Jun 12, 2010

We are by far the most coffee addicted nation in the world with 12 kilograms of coffee consumed per capita each year. (Norway is number 2 with 9.9kg)

We don't really care about the quality of that coffee, most of it being the cheapest shit we can find.

(source: wikipedia)

DonTsetsi

May 22, 2009
HyRock said:
Estonia:

Our minimum wages is 290? minus taxes
Bulgaria
Minimum wage is 155? minus taxes. We are part of the EU and have a currency board with the euro. One of our main sources of income is emigrants sending home money from abroad.