May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
7 Days a Skeptic managed to scare me.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Alone In The Dark (Wii) doesn't crash (or at least it didn't in the short time I played before having enough of it)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Johnny Novgorod said:
Silent Hill: Homecoming is probably better than the pachinko machine.
There is no probably, Homecoming is a million times better than some shitty pachinko machine.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Johnny Novgorod said:
Being my only foray into the franchise, I admit the limited frame of reference pretty much negates my opinion, but I quite liked Homecoming in that it did its job effectively; it consistently freaked me the hell out and the boss fights were the stuff of nightmares. As much as I enjoyed it (read: ?glad that I survived without suffering a heart attack or stroke,?) the stress it put me through put me off other installments in the franchise.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Final Fantasy XIII: the combat could be compelling, at times, when everything works just right (which is rarely). Also, the siege of Eden bit was quite cool, at least visually.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Phoenixmgs said:
Abomination said:
Fortnite and Battle Royale games in general do a good job serving as a magnet to players I would otherwise not want in the online games I play.
Hilarious and so very true.
What- gamers who play the objective and will work together without the need for any communication whatsoever? Yeah- who wants to play with those SOBs?

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Squilookle said:
Phoenixmgs said:
Abomination said:
Fortnite and Battle Royale games in general do a good job serving as a magnet to players I would otherwise not want in the online games I play.
Hilarious and so very true.
What- gamers who play the objective and will work together without the need for any communication whatsoever? Yeah- who wants to play with those SOBs?
PTFO!!!

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
The first two hours of No Mans Sky are amazing, trying to survive toxic waste, explore, fix your ship and that amazing feeling of taking off aimed at that moon you have spent all the time on the ground looking at. It's like that amazing feeling I had first time in an Elder Scrolls game when I realised I could pick any landmark and head towards it to investigate but on steroids. Before you land on this moon and realise your infinite universe is basically a bunch of pallet swaps and a handful of reshuffled assets.

If they took No Mans Sky and called it an engine, then a big studio built a whole new game on top of it with actual variety of enemies and interesting mechanics it could be something amazing.

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
Not a whole lot of games I really hate anymore. I mostly just don't play games now, if I don't like them.

But, I have a few, I think, and otherwise games which I didn't really like but hardly hate will have to suffice. GTAV had some engaging scenes and the scope of the thing is impressive. Halo 4 is still a pretty good shooter, it just fell short of the lofty expectations I have for halo by being a bit dull. I played Furi a while back, which had an amazing soundtrack and I appreciated what they were going for but it was too infuriating to actually play for me. The Witcher 2 had one hell of an intro cutscene.

Aug 31, 2012
ObsidianJones said:
To add to this, Dawn of War 3 prevented more content for Dawn of War 3 from coming out.
I think it also made Taldeer canonically dead, so love can no longer bloom.

Mid-late 2000s /tg/ meme for y'all there. No need to thank me.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Xprimentyl said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Being my only foray into the franchise, I admit the limited frame of reference pretty much negates my opinion, but I quite liked Homecoming in that it did its job effectively; it consistently freaked me the hell out and the boss fights were the stuff of nightmares. As much as I enjoyed it (read: ?glad that I survived without suffering a heart attack or stroke,?) the stress it put me through put me off other installments in the franchise.
To be fair I "hate" Silent Hill: Homecoming less as a game and more as a symbol of Western malappropriation. While perfectly serviceable survival horror - I've played much, much worse - I think the game simply fails to live up to the series. It does itself no favors by being obviously based on the 2006 movie attempt while also trying to rip off Silent Hill 2. I also think it misses the point by pitting you against human enemies, and then every few rooms pitting you into a Thunderdome scenario of killing everything so the exit will unlock. What I do like about the game is just being dragged from earlier, better games - chiefly the bosses and the music.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Overwatch.

Because it's a competitve game, I hate how toxic the community can be over simple things during gameplay, each patch balancing making this worse, and not enough game modes available. Other than 3v3, the arcade modes are variation of the main game modes. The only unique game modes happen during events, which is not enough for me. I also hate how cosmetics cannot be earned via gameplay, but rather loot boxes

However, I absolutely love the world-building within the game. I love the various heroes representing where they came from, and how their characters are fully fleshed out with the game's rich lore. I love how almost no heroes feels the same to play as, as they offer different play styles even though they are under same class catergory

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Johnny Novgorod said:
I know its unpopular, but I liked Homecoming. Hell to me it was better than SH2 'cause at least something happened in it!
None of them compare to SH3 though

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
I don?t really hate any game, but I will say I find Halo overrated. It has a great multiplayer suite and decent AI but everything else is pretty underwhelming. I also never understood why the score is so highly regarded. I suppose it mostly boils down to personal taste.