Say something nice about Mass Effect 3.

IMAGinES

Jun 1, 2009
Did almost as good a job taking me into the ending seconds of a protagonist's life and making me feel it as Mira Grant's Feed.

Oof. Tears.

That's why I'm probably not gonna play ME3 again - it just won't have that same punch as the first time.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
- The biotic powers sound super sweet.
- Liara's face finally looks good.
- Biotic charging followed by Nova fucking rules.
- Garrus.
- The whole krogan conflict chapter was amazing.
- The final goodbye section was beautiful.

See, it's not all bad.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
It is without a doubt, in my top 5 of all time, excluding the ending which yes, i am still angry about.

Fuhrlock

Apr 1, 2012
The resolutions to the genophage and quarian/geth sub plots that had been running throughout the series were very satisfying and definitely the strongest elements to the story, with highlights not just including the heroic sacrafices but small moment like punching han'gerrel or garrus bantering with wrex that made them feel like alot of care had gone into creating the right level of immersion and investment in the story. Also with regard to story I must admit I appreciated cerberus going back to the role they had in ME1 (and ditching the good PR facade of ME2) and finally getting revenge against Udina was so satisfying

With respect to characters the game actually managed to change my opinions on certain characters mostly for the better (except with Tali). In particular Miranda who has finally become self-aware of how awful a person she was in ME2 and Ashley who basically serves as my voice for calling out shepard for all of the things I kept thinking to myself in ME2 (also she's basically past all of that racism from ME1 that made me dislike her in the first place).

The combat is by far the smoothest of the series and has the rpg elements, planetary scans and the citadel layout are handled far better than in ME2. Overall ME3 I would say is as good as ME2 even with respect to story (ME3 may have had a terrible ending but how much of ME2's story line was effectively filler and how many characters can be inconsequential in the final mission), but I don't think either ultimately match up to ME1.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
If I have too...

Really, the only compliments I can give it is that the combat was the best close quarters combat in the series, and that the music was still good. Beyond that there was little that I found to like - it was too different from its prequels in many ways, and too rushed in all the others.

TheTJackson

Aug 29, 2011
I honestly loved every second of the entire series so:
The Multiplayer, because it's good fun and playing as a Vorcha is hilarious
The Story, because even if Shepard dies, he goes out fighting
The Team, because every character has a cool and interesting background and dialogue
The DLC, because protheans, giant sea monsters and a fixed ending
and
Garrus, because he's space-batman

Aug 19, 2010
it ain't hard saying nice things about mass effect 3. 98% of it is downright perfect. Everything except the ending is what i hoped it would be, and more. For example i had my doubts about the multiplayer, but i was wrong, as it is one of the most entertaining and fun online experience i had in a long time.

stevensane1

Mar 31, 2011
Mass Effect (1, 2 and 3) were beautiful games riddled with philosophical, moral and political quandaries set in the most immersive and beautiful sci-fi universe I have ever known. The characters were vibrant, the aliens and their cultures fascinating and the scope vast. Visually the universe is stunning with some of the best character design I have ever seen, not to mention the set design which was also excellent. And (this is mostly directed at ME1) the music was the big, juicy, delicious cherry on the cake.

Yes, I love the Mass Effect series.

Corax_1990

May 21, 2010
I'll use the same analogy for the mass effect series I always have, playing them is like enjoying a brilliant meal where each course gets better and better, until right at the end where somebody comes along and sucker punches you and spits in your face. It might have been one of the best damn meals ever, but you are only going to remember the ending.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Love it, a million times over I love this game!

Then again you could have given me 30+ hours of talking to Garrus and I would have declared it game of the year!

but here's one of the other (non Garrus) reasons for my love

Ix Rebound

Jan 10, 2012
I loved 98 percent of the game
then I loved 100 percent of it when the extended cut was released
and the music, by god the music. the ending and the music made Mass effect 3 the game that came closest to bringing tears in my whole life.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
DugMachine said:
I almost cried when Tali killed herself :(

Great game and the ending wasn't as rage inducing as everyone made it out to be.
I like the fact that I would have put something else entirely in that spoiler block, because I had a different experience at the end of that mission.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
I thought it was an amazing game and the mulitplayer was surprisingly brilliant, I still go back to it whenever I'm bored :)

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
putowtin said:
Love it, a million times over I love this game!

Then again you could have given me 30+ hours of talking to Garrus and I would have declared it game of the year!

but here's one of the other (non Garrus) reasons for my love

When was that music used? Also whats the slow piano theme called. It sounds kind of like that one.

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
The multiplayer mode was awesome, one of the best unnecessary multiplayer modes I've seen.

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
Hmmm...Well I liked the game a fair bit, more so after extended cut, so I'm just gonna single out one thing

The Black Widow sniper rifle. I just had a lot of fun with it, pretty much used it whenever conceivably possible.