Scariest enemy's you have ever faced in a game?

Xenos Eriadin

Mar 11, 2009
I'm gonna go ahead and say regenerators as well.
The first time I fought one, I was relieved that you could seemingly just shoot off their limbs to make them less of a threat. That was a mistake.

Me: "Ha! Not so tough without any legs now, are you?"
*Regenerator lunges forward on its belly and clamps down on my torso*
Me: HOLY FUCKING SHIT!"

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009

I hate those things, why?

Turret: Hello? Are you still there? I see you. Hello?
Player: eh, it can't see me clearly enough at this angle to get me.
Turret: Hello? I see you. Hello? Is someBLAMBLAMoneBLAMBLAMthereBLAM

THAT'S WHY.

Hell this whole page sum it up.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/HighOctaneNightmareFuel/VideoGames

Kuilui

Apr 1, 2010
Nemesis would probably be it. At least until I got the infinite rocket launcher. Than he was my female dog, heh. Mostly..Even then he was a pain. There really needs to be more enemies like him. Instead of just some stupid enemy you just kill and move on. One that just never leaves you alone.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
The zombies on Return to Wolfenstein. They were just creepy, fast and not that easy to kill.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008

I mean come on! it's an abomination!

but on a serious note, probably a death claw, especially when it jumps at you from behind a rock... and all you have is a 10mm Pistol...

shavedzebra

Oct 8, 2009
when i was little, in Tomb Raider 2 in the temple of Xian levels near the end there were these green statues of guys that came alive and ran at you pretty much like bulls. but the scary thing was that some of them would come alive when you got near them and some would come alive only when you did something or went somewhere specific. it was just terrifying when you had to walk through a room full of them, expecting any second for all of them to suddenly burst and sprint at you...and then they didnt.....which is even more nerve-wracking.

also dino crisis for the PSX. couldnt even do more than the first 15mins or so, it terrified me that much.

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
Save us.A7X said:
The Regenerators from Resi 4, that noise they make, OH GOD that noise..
EXACTLY. The hospital level freaked me out so much! The noise was the only scarybit though...

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
All of Resident Evil 2 @ 11

Screaming thru a dark tunnel in Fallout 3 because of the Ghouls ~HISSS~

Being jabbed in the back of the head by an unseen enemy in Oblivion and even more so in Morrowind

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I have one enemy... but I don't want to post it...

It is just so... horrifing... Pyramid head has NOTHING on... this...

I... you really want to see it?

Ok...

You sure you want to see it?
I mean... this could cause panic attacks
I not sure you would ever be the same...
Ok... I warned you.

OH GOD! ITS LOOKING INTO OUR SOULS! RUN!

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Yah know, I'm trying my hardest to remember, and the one that I found the scariest were the Three Little Pigs from Super Mario Land 2. So lifeless... yet so deadly. I know it sounds wierd, but I always got my ass kicked to those guys and I thought they were scary that way.

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
Redeads from Ocarina of Time. The first time I ever met a Redead it was about 3am, I had been playing for hours straight, I'm just walking along in that big tomb in the cemetery to get my next song, when all of the sudden I'm being molested by a mummified corpse. I FREAKED. I immediately flipped out and turned the game off and somehow managed to fall asleep. Once I found out the sun song froze them, I had the ocarina in hand the moment I saw one, and still was nervous walking by them. It was so bad that I had my then-boyfriend play through the Shadow Temple for me because he said there were many of them in there.

I didn't conquer my fear of them until that one Redead at the bottom of Ganondorf's crashing tower. I was in such a hurry to get the hell out that I just acted on instinct and killed it in my rush, then went "huh, that wasn't so bad after all".

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Chryssalids - Just ONE of them can turn a mission to horror. Eats lasers, rockets... virtually everything else than multiple plasma blasts, for breakfast. Infects civilians AND members of your team... runs three times as fast and employs hit(and infect)-and-run tactics.

They are the ultimate evil. Anyone who ever played "X-Com: Enemy Unknown" knows what i mean... they really turned a tactical mission of "cleaning up" into a damn alien-survival horror movie.

http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Chryssalid

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Regenerators from RE4.

That noise of them breathing...ugh. And when they bite you and kill you and continue to chew on your corpse...that freaked me out so bad, I dropped the controller in fright.

Other than that, the Mind Flayer from Demon's Souls or rather as I like to call them, the "Cthulhu headed fucks"

What they do to you ingame is fucking horrifying. Not only do they have devastating magic spells, but if you get too close, they'll go hentai on your ass and straight up tentacle rape you.